I'm checking out the phone but I do not see this feature. My Bold 9790 I had set to turn off at 10 week days and 12 am on weekends. Turn on everyday at 4am. Getting tired of hear peeps etc. During the night. I use my phone for morning alarm.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:05 PM
    Wouldn't bed side mode work?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:10 PM
    We all want the auto on/off feature to return in 10.2. But until then, you can just plug in your phone and put it into bedside mode. The alarm is active (assuming you set it to "on") and only phone calls come thru. All other alerts are off in bedside mode.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:13 PM
    Wouldn't bed side mode work?

Posted via CB10
    No bedside mode doesn't work... two completely different things! Auto shutoff is just another feature of all legacy bb's that we got accustomed to and.... bam! ... gone.

Blackberry thinks we have memories of goldfish

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:14 PM
    Do you mean the bed that shows up at the top to pull down when I plug it in to charge. If yes I do that and still get in link and twitter updates etc. Peeps

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:15 PM
    I really liked this feature and sort of expected it to be on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:16 PM
    I'm checking out the phone but I do not see this feature. My Bold 9790 I had set to turn off at 10 week days and 12 am on weekends. Turn on everyday at 4am. Getting tired of hear peeps etc. During the night. I use my phone for morning alarm.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I loved that too, not available yet for BB10
    06-14-13 04:26 PM
    I really don't know if I got you right but if I go to bed I set my Z10 to flightmode and the sound profile to "all off".
    No cellular, no peeps and I can hear may songs and podcasts to fall asleep :-)

Best regards

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:35 PM
    I really don't know if I got you right but if I go to bed I set my Z10 to flightmode and the sound profile to "all off".
    No cellular, no peeps and I can hear may songs and podcasts to fall asleep :-)

Best regards

Posted via CB10
    Your doing too much work. Auto shut off saves battery life, gives a fresh clean OS start for the day and you don't have to worry about forgetting to put in bedside mode and getting woken up at 2am by emails other notifications.

Last thing most business people need to do before bed is to go through settings and manually turn stuff off and miss calls in the morning because your not awake yet to turn the phone back on. Way too many other things take priority

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:39 PM
    That's what I liked about it. You set it and forget about it

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:47 PM
    I miss the Auto On/Off very much also. I hope it will come back soon! Saves battery and allows me to have a good night sleep, so I don't have to worry about silencing my phone for the night.
    Please BlackBerry bring it back asap!

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    06-14-13 06:31 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 09:00 AM
    If you understand the differences between BBOS and BB10 you would understand that auto off on BB10 wasn't really off. It was basically airplane mode.

In bedside mode all alerts are set to silent, except you have the option of letting the phone ring. If you are getting twitter and Facebook alerts it must not be in bedside mode, or it isn't working on the version of the OS you have.

I used auto on/off on my BBOS units until bedside mode became available. Bedside mode is far better. I plug my phone in, set the mode and in the morning the alarm wakes me up and the phone is charged and ready for a new day.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 09:35 AM
    Your doing too much work. Auto shut off saves battery life, gives a fresh clean OS start for the day and you don't have to worry about forgetting to put in bedside mode and getting woken up at 2am by emails other notifications.

Last thing most business people need to do before bed is to go through settings and manually turn stuff off and miss calls in the morning because your not awake yet to turn the phone back on. Way too many other things take priority

Posted via CB10
    That's not what the auto off and on really did on the old BBOS.

All it did was put the phone in standby mode - sort of like hibernate for a PC (or as Richard said above, like airplane mode). It just shuts off the radios and turns off the screen. That's why turning back on was so quick. If you had an app (or a bunch of apps) running in the background when it turned off, it would still be there when it came back on. Same thing as turning the phone off by holding the on/off/end call button for several seconds until the "turning off phone" pop-up shows up. Then tap the end call button again later, and the phone pops back to life within seconds. Yes it does save the battery, but certainty was not a freshly restarted OS.

However, you shouldn't be getting any notifications while in bedside mode on BB10. The early OS 10 turned off all notifications without exception. 10.1 added the ability to allow just phone calls. But all others are still silent. Why you're still getting other sounds means either something is messed up, or you're not really in bedside mode. Is the screen totally black with only red marks and clock hands? That's bedside mode. Going into settings while in the clock apps is where you set what happens in bedside mode - which is either to allow phone calls or not. That's it.

That said, I did use the auto on/off feature on my previous 8100 and 9800, until I discovered bedside mode on the 9800. I discovered I could set it to go into bedside mode when plugging in the charger between a set time period. I'd like to see that feature come back.

And, it's not that hard to go into bedside mode now. I always still plug in the charger when going to bed. Click the top button to see the lock screen, and the bedside pull down shade is at the top. Pull it down and it immediately goes into bedside mode. No messing with the notification settings needed. Not a peep from the phone all night.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:44 AM
    Bedside mode is crap, i want my phone to wake up before me, without waking me, so i can sleep until a phone call wakes me for important reasons while not having to worry about a phone call in the middle of the night waking me for nothing. And it was nice to have to phone shut it self off at night, got me to unplug alot more easily. "bedside mode".... give me a break!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-04-14 11:11 PM
    Bedside mode is crap, i want my phone to wake up before me, without waking me, so i can sleep until a phone call wakes me for important reasons while not having to worry about a phone call in the middle of the night waking me for nothing. And it was nice to have to phone shut it self off at night, got me to unplug alot more easily. "bedside mode".... give me a break!!!!
    Welcome to Crackberry. You made a strong entrance

I wholeheartedly agree but it does not seem like BB is concerned about that feature. At least, not so far.
    04-05-14 12:28 AM

I used auto on/off on my BBOS units until bedside mode became available. Bedside mode is far better. I plug my phone in, set the mode and in the morning the alarm wakes me up and the phone is charged and ready for a new day.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%. Bedside mode is way better than the auto off/ on

STL-4. 10.2.1.2947 w/ 1259 clock
    04-05-14 08:22 AM
    I agree 100%. Bedside mode is way better than the auto off/ on

Way better? Or just different?

For some reason, this week, my z10 seems to go offline or something overnight. It does not retrieve email or notices until I open the Hub in the morning and then use the REFRESH option. I do charge it overnight but I do NOT use bedside mode - so it is not as if I disabled anything. Ideas?
    04-05-14 10:12 AM
    For me, better.. I can set my alarm (or change on a whim) and disable notifications all at once by swiping down. Since I go to bed different times each day, the auto off was useless.
    Activating bedside mode when I am ready works much better.

04-05-14 01:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to manually shut off all notifications. You just do it once and you're good to go. Each time you put bedside mode, it's would remember your previous settings.

Also, on BBOS, the auto shut off didn't really shut off your phone. It was just on a low power state... sort of. So it's not accurate to say it's a fresh OS start each morning.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 01:26 PM