I really miss this feature, please bring it back
    03-30-13 05:26 PM
    Keep in mind, it's not only just people are lazy to turn it on and off. It's also a way to stop people from calling You during same hours every night.
    If this option is not going to be there at least there should be scheduled do not disturb function. Every night between 1am and 5am go to silent and then back to normal at 5 am.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:16 PM
    That was one of the first things that i was searching for in my settings on Z10.

I am missing it a lot xD, hope it will be avaible in the near future.

BlackBerry Z10, Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 06:34 PM
    Given how the Phone powers off, I don't really think it could ever allow for auto on (auto off, maybe).

A whole new power off concept would have to be made. Because, how would the OS boot the phone when it has no power?

You guys have to remember that shutting down a legacy device was basically a hibernation mode, which the Z10 lacks.
    I never thought of this, that is true, we may never seen that feature.
    03-30-13 07:18 PM
    I'd like a timer for airplane mode on/off. Bedside mode is unnecessary in my opinion because radio stays on all the time. This drains the battery and isn't so good when you sleep beside it.
    Totally disagree that it is unnecessary. I have never turned off ANY of my BlackBerry phones for the night.

I want the phone on for emergency calls, but I don't want emails at 2 in the morning or any other notifications when I'm trying to sleep.

Also, for bedside mode to function as it is intended, it needs to be attached to a power source, how would the battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    03-30-13 09:11 PM
    I miss this feature too, BB should bring it back. It's the first setting that I looked for after setting up the Z10 and realized that it ain't there. On the Torch 9860, I was able to set different timings for weekdays and weekends, that allowed me to sleep a little more on weekends and I would be awakened by my email tones when the phone turns on.
    03-30-13 09:48 PM
    I never thought of this, that is true, we may never seen that feature.
    I'm glad you realise.
    03-31-13 08:39 AM
    I use it on my 9380. Maybe they figure bedside mode goes through so little battery that it doesn't really make it worth it? Bare in mind I don't have a Z10 so maybe i'm wrong about how much battery it uses in bedside mode.
    03-31-13 09:02 AM
    Seriously people, is it so hard to read the thread before posting? The reason auto on and off aren't in BlackBerry 10 has been explained numerous times already.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    03-31-13 10:47 AM
    Did anyone else really like the auto on/off feature of the BB7 phones? I did. I can't find it on the Z. I think the programmers blew it by leaving it out.
    Never used the feature on my 9810. So I personally don't miss it. Beside why would I ever turn off such an amazing phone ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:08 AM
    I used it. Off at midnight, back on at 530am. Hopefully next update.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:10 AM
    Totally disagree that it is unnecessary. I have never turned off ANY of my BlackBerry phones for the night.

I want the phone on for emergency calls, but I don't want emails at 2 in the morning or any other notifications when I'm trying to sleep.

Also, for bedside mode to function as it is intended, it needs to be attached to a power source, how would the battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    Different use means different necessities, that's why BlackBerry gave us options to turn it on or off in older days. Nobody is forced to use this feature; as I said above in my opinion I'm missing this option.
    03-31-13 11:14 AM
    Seriously people, is it so hard to read the thread before posting? The reason auto on and off aren't in BlackBerry 10 has been explained numerous times already.

JB

Looks like it is.
    03-31-13 11:28 AM

JB

Doesn't hurt to discuss how else it could be incorporated into system without having to turn on or off. Like few said, there could be a simple solution with scheduled profiles or scheduled airplane mode, is it so hard to implement?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 11:43 AM
    Nothing wrong with discussing how something different could be utilized, what drives me crazy is when someone posts a detailed post reasoning why auto in and off can't be incorporated into a system that fully powers off when turned off, and then the next few posts are nothing but "That was a great feature, BlackBerry should bring it back," or "I can't believe BlackBerry didn't put this feature in, it was so useful."

It's not the discussion of other possibilities that irks me, it's the lack of reading posts before making a contribution that does.

JB

03-31-13 12:02 PM
    Did anyone else really like the auto on/off feature of the BB7 phones? I did. I can't find it on the Z. I think the programmers blew it by leaving it out.
    I do not, yet have my Z. But this morning it hit me. Does BB10 have "Auto On/Off".
    I absolutely love (& need) this feature. Midnight off (unless out)/7am on for me.
    I feel it's an essential "BlackBerry" feature!
    Let's say, it's version 1 of the OS, and that "Auto On/Off" is coming soon! #Hope
    04-01-13 08:31 AM
    Not as far as I can tell. But the service light doesn't blink green anymore, so the phone is pretty much stoic unless you're receiving messages. Imo, it's not that big of a deal to not have it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 08:35 AM
    Given how the Phone powers off, I don't really think it could ever allow for auto on (auto off, maybe).

A whole new power off concept would have to be made. Because, how would the OS boot the phone when it has no power?

You guys have to remember that shutting down a legacy device was basically a hibernation mode, which the Z10 lacks.
    04-01-13 08:36 AM
    I keep hoping that when the charging dock is released along with the 10mg update that it will have some sort of work around for it.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:18 AM
    Doesn't hurt to discuss how else it could be incorporated into system without having to turn on or off. Like few said, there could be a simple solution with scheduled profiles or scheduled airplane mode, is it so hard to implement?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I agree. I think the bedside mode is not a complete solution. It's a bit hard to believe why has not been included as an extra feature. Let's bear in mind one of the purposes of BlackBerry is doing some loyal users to migrate the old devices to new BB10 and there are some special things, like the auto on / off that would become a legacy feature. I just hope the extended API can be released to developers and they can launch an app to make this possible.

P.S.: Off-topic, nice avatar. One of my fave bands and albums.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    04-01-13 09:19 AM
    No you are not alone on this. I miss this feature a lot. I like having to have my phone automatic shut down at a certain time and turn on automatically in the morning. We need this back!
    04-01-13 06:54 PM
    Perhaps Blackberry will provide the Auto On/Off with the next update.....sorely missed as well as the feature that allows one-touch for updating the sounds (Normal, Silent, Loud, etc)
    04-01-13 07:59 PM
    I agree. I tell my clients they can call whenever they like as my phone shuts off at a certain hour and they will get my voice mail. I don't want to have to remember to put my phone into bedside mode every night. An automatic system to at least turn off notifications would be great.

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    04-02-13 12:49 AM
    I agree. I tell my clients they can call whenever they like as my phone shuts off at a certain hour and they will get my voice mail. I don't want to have to remember to put my phone into bedside mode every night. An automatic system to at least turn off notifications would be great.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that's what we are trying to explain, but it sounds like people who think like Frank are insisting that due to the way new BB works, Auto ON/OFF is not possible. Well, just make it auto On/Off airplane mode, or Auto On/Off silent or DND mode. I wonder if anyone can make an app, but I doubt that they would have access to this deep into BB's system, that cannot be too safe.

Please bring up this request in BB's own forums as well.
    General Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-02-13 12:18 PM
    This is easily done with the right supporting hardware. You can unplug a PC and the clock keeps running for a long time. You just need a little low current timer circuit to flip a bit and start power up. Not hard, but does have to be designed into the hardware. Wake-on-lan has been around quite a while.
    04-02-13 01:16 PM
58 123