Has anyone else found the auto correct to be getting worse over time? I've had my Z10 for a month or two now and gave found the auto correct to be getting worse and worse over time!

For example, typing this message, the word 'two' in 'month or two' got changed to 'Reo' !! It even underlined it in red knowing it was miss spelled, but after correctly typing the word two it got changed to Reo. And just now, 'got' was changed to 'hot' and as I was typing this example it changed 'got' to 'hit'(with the quotes as I was typing it as you see for the example)
    'to' constantly gets changed to 'yo' - f*******k! It did it again right there as I was typing out this example of the example. 'this' got changed to 'thus'

What the hell is going on?
    'is' very often gets changed to 'us'

Sorry for the language but thus us getting extremely frustrating! See?! There's two more examples! Grrr

Please help me. I don't know why it is getting so bad?
    At first auto correct worked quite well and I could see it was picking up certain words and slang I use often, but now it is butchering words that are obviously correct and fitting for the sentence, but as soon as I hit space, it all hits the fan and changes the correct word to something that is obviously wrong and not fitting for the English language.
    What's going on here?

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    RealMrak and bobauckland like this.
    05-01-13 09:09 AM
    I just noticed another: have became gave

I know I am not initially making typos myself because if I hit back space to go back and correct the mistake, it undoes the auto correct and puts the proper correctly spelled word that I initially typed back in place.

What is going on here?

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-01-13 09:15 AM
    Try switching "Learnt words" off and clear them. I know it helped me.
    Auto correct getting worse over time? :(-img_00000413.png
    05-01-13 09:19 AM
    I have noticed the exact same thing! I get "is" changed to "us", and "for" changed to "fir" to name a few off the top of my head.

When I complained about this in another thread, someone responded that this is supposed to be better in 10.1, but we shall see... I was very happy with the autocorrect at the beginning, but it seems to be "learning" my typos instead of correcting them as time goes on!
    05-01-13 09:22 AM
    As FrankIam suggested above, I turned off and cleared the learned words. Seems to be better now, but hope they work on fixing that feature!
    05-01-13 09:26 AM
    I have turned off the auto-correct. Not because I found it bad but because I don't like to give that control to the phone. I just use predictions.
    05-01-13 09:27 AM
    I noticed this too. Not as much as your experience but I never had issues with the auto correct until the last week or so. Hope it's not going to keep getting worse.
    05-01-13 09:29 AM
    Good to know it's not just me. 'for' >> 'fir' is a common one for me as well.

I don't really want to turn off the 'use learned words' because there are a few slang words that I use quite often that it has learned quite good (like it is supposed to).
    Right there quite became quote and good>>hood

Another huge annoyance that makes no sense at all is that when I type something in (brackets), and put a period after the close bracket, the period gets changed to the letter n.
    Ex: I want to type (this). But instead it switches to (this)n

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-01-13 09:33 AM
    If you don't want to clear the learnt words, don't. Just disable them.

You could also add them to the dictionary.
    05-01-13 09:36 AM
    Omg Omg Omg! I am not the only one! My auto correct has gone "full ******". I tried clearing my learned words but that didn't change anything, it may have even made it worse. I tried changing the typing language to UK English, which I prefer as a Canadian, and that didn't do anything either. I'm hoping that 10.1 improves this because if it gets out that our keyboard is getting less intelligent I don't want to know what the haters are going to say.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:36 AM
    I noticed this too. Not as much as your experience but I never had issues with the auto correct until the last week or so. Hope it's not going to keep getting worse.
    I've had my Z10 for nearly two months now and it is getting worse and worse.

I'm considering getting a Q10 for this reason even though I initially found the Z10 to gave the best touch screen keypad I have ever used, but now it is extremely frustrating

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-01-13 09:40 AM
    ... I don't want to know what the haters are going to say.
    Still nowhere near as bad as the auto correct on the iPhone.
    05-01-13 09:41 AM
    I am on 10.1 and have not noticed any issue with the auto correct. I tried to duplicate the problem you had but my works flawlessly. Does it do this when texting and posting on Crackberry? Just curious.
    05-01-13 09:42 AM
    If you don't want to clear the learnt words, don't. Just disable them.

You could also add them to the dictionary.
    I just disabled learned words. We'll see if that helps...
    So far so good, but this has been quite a simple sentence
    Nope. It did it again: has=>gas

I know that's not a learned word, so I don't imagine clearing them will help at all

On the other hand, there are some typos that it fixes quite nicely for me
    qyite=>quite
    mw=>me

But why dies it change words that are obviously right, to a word that isn't even in the dictionary?!

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    05-01-13 09:49 AM
    I am on 10.1 and have not noticed any issue with the auto correct. I tried to duplicate the problem you had but my works flawlessly. Does it do this when texting and posting on Crackberry? Just curious.
    It does it everywhere you can type: Emails, cb10, texts, BBM, forms on the Internet etc etc

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    Berrysmoothy likes this.
    05-01-13 09:51 AM
    I hate auto-correct on iPhone and I've seen friends do some funny things with Z10's too (ie. PS: was autocorrected to PMS.

I generally turn it off.
    05-01-13 09:53 AM
    Maybe we are having some kind of glitch in the matrix? I hope 10.1 helps

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:18 PM
    I hate auto-correct on iPhone and I've seen friends do some funny things with Z10's too (ie. PS: was autocorrected to PMS.

I generally turn it off.
    Now that's too funny. Am debating about doing the same thing - turning off auto correct. It's nice to have and I may miss it.
    05-01-13 04:22 PM
    For me, word prediction was working pretty well. Still is. But I had to turn off the space bar auto correct. Doesn't like hyphenated words, slashes, or slang. Made me type like a crazy person.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:25 PM
    I am on 10.0 and tried to replicate those word but no mine is perfect.. 3 months with the phone now
    05-01-13 04:40 PM
    Lately mine gives me no more cap for the letter i... I have to manually cap it. No biggie, just set it as a substitute word, but it's kind of odd. Also the caps after a double space after period only intermittently works... far less than 50%. that's uber frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:45 PM
    Lately mine gives me no more cap for the letter i... I have to manually cap it. No biggie, just set it as a substitute word, but it's kind of odd. Also the caps after a double space after period only intermittently works... far less than 50%. that's uber frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same problem. It doesn't always capitalize after a period. Most of the time it works, but not always. Maybe 20% failure rate. The letter i caps occasionally doesn't work for me either.

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    kyleheney likes this.
    05-01-13 07:26 PM
    Maybe we are having some kind of glitch in the matrix? I hope 10.1 helps

Posted via CB10
    I'm holding out for 10.1 to be released officially to see if these problems are fixed or not and I may switch to the Q10 to get a real keyboard back. Although I might swap my Z for a Q anyway because I really really miss all the keyboard shortcuts...

Posted via Z10 on CB10
    2cats1dog likes this.
    05-01-13 07:32 PM
    If I may be allowed moment of sarcasm, I'll suggest we all wait priestly (sorry, the Z10autocorrected that from "Patiently") for a update. It shall only coat a billion or so. It's not rocket science. Using a dictionary -- not a big deal. Let it happen when it happens. It's normal for this ko d' of thing to be missing from any first generation software. Wait for the future. Don't ask for too much. Be reasonable.
    05-01-13 07:53 PM
    I have noticed the exact thing. It makes typing fast impossible.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 07:56 PM
68 123