02-03-13 04:17 AM
    Crackberry Kevin was promoting (a little bit) the new Crackberry unlocking website. I think it's $10usd. But but but there's not an option for BB10 yet. He says the LTE Playbook was easy to unlock, and the z10 shouldn't be an issue..... But it's not there yet.
    I talked to Mobicity today and they said they would ship the first set of pre orders this week. they said they have had a 'massive demand".
    I'm going with a cheap Canadian Option, and will upgrade in a few months if I really feel the need for LTE
    Just live-chatted with Mobicity and can confirm that if you order tonight you will not get it in the first batch that is shipping next week.....one week or two wait is what they said....

Thanks
    I have a big arse data plan through Telstra. I won't go over my cap anytime soon.
    02-03-13 04:19 AM
    march 12 for carrier release? that's absurd. Boats arnt that slow
    02-03-13 04:21 AM
    march 12 for carrier release? that's absurd. Boats arnt that slow
    I know. Screw them. I think they just thought Blackberry wouldn't be worth it, so why bother. I'm hoping someone is getting their arse kicked all the way to the unemployment line.

Oh, and typical Australia. We need to see what America does first. Buul****.
    02-03-13 04:26 AM
    Just live-chatted with Mobicity and can confirm that if you order tonight you will not get it in the first batch that is shipping next week.....one week or two wait is what they said....

Thanks
    Honestly, I'm worried and pissed at Mobicity. I talked to them on Thursday. It was early April then. What the **** changed in one working day?

They said the earliest they could get stock was 2 weeks after the carriers did on March 12.

Anyway, anyone going the Mobicity route, good luck to you. I'm getting one from the UK direct. It's slightly more expensive, but I trust Mobicity less.
    02-03-13 04:36 AM
    Why aren't we having a go at BlackBerry for this? Apple sell their phones direct. Google sells their phones direct.

BlackBerry?
    02-03-13 04:38 AM
    Why aren't we having a go at BlackBerry for this? Apple sell their phones direct. Google sells their phones direct.

BlackBerry?
    I know. Blackberry are the carriers *****. They need to change that. B.i.t.c.h.
    02-03-13 04:40 AM
    I really think blackberry needs as many carriers on board as possible and doesn't want to burn bridges. Im sure blackberry will sell phones direct just not yet

Anyway what a gip
    02-03-13 04:43 AM
    Regarding the microsim, just pop into the store and ask for your sim to be swapped to one. They transfer everything over on the spot. Might cost you (as noted previously), but VF used to do it for free.

They don't care what you're using it for, so long as you seem like you know that your phone needs a micro-sim.
    02-03-13 07:17 AM
    Honestly, I'm worried and pissed at Mobicity. I talked to them on Thursday. It was early April then. What the **** changed in one working day?

They said the earliest they could get stock was 2 weeks after the carriers did on March 12.

Anyway, anyone going the Mobicity route, good luck to you. I'm getting one from the UK direct. It's slightly more expensive, but I trust Mobicity less.
    I thought exactly this so I tried to get as much information before I continued with my order. The customer service rep said their warehouse got a shipment on the weekend and started delivering today so depending on where you stand in the pre-order list you could receive it in the next few days. I pre-ordered first thing on Feb 1st so with a bit of luck I'll have it this week*. The rep said she'd email on Wed with any updates.

Really hope this isn't a ploy so they don't lose a sale, I've already told my friend in the UK to call off the Z10 search for me...

Will keep you guys posted.

EDIT *Just to clarify; I probably won't receive it this week but it should definitely be shipped this week.
    Last edited by NinjaBread; 02-03-13 at 07:57 PM.
    02-03-13 07:28 PM
    Please do. I'll be very annoyed with them if units start arriving in Oz this week, when they could have had my money last week. grrr...
    02-03-13 07:48 PM
    anyone pre ordered thru Mobicity still?
    what is your order status? Mine is Pending Fulfillment A. Don't know what that is =S
    02-04-13 03:47 AM
    anyone pre ordered thru Mobicity still?
    what is your order status? Mine is Pending Fulfillment A. Don't know what that is =S
    Got the same status on mine. No idea what it means, not in their FAQ page!

https://www.mobicity.com.au/extras/m...-delivery.html
    02-04-13 06:12 AM
    Got the same status on mine. No idea what it means, not in their FAQ page!

https://www.mobicity.com.au/extras/m...-delivery.html
    when did you preorder yours?
    I pre ordered mine around 12:15AM on 1st Feb Perth time (GMT + 8). it should be quite early since i checked the site for the whole day then around 12am it changed from unreleased to pre order!
    02-04-13 08:29 AM
    Interesting... their email just sent out:

The Z10 is now available for Pre-order now. First stocks are highly sought after but scheduled to ship next week, so order now to be one of the first in the world with an outright BB10 device!
    02-04-13 08:53 PM
    I got some Spam off them today. Spruiking the Z10 of all things. They say it will "Ship next week". So, god knows what they mean.... they are always vague with dates.
    02-04-13 08:55 PM
    How did you guys get the email? I didnt get any.
    02-04-13 10:27 PM
    How did you guys get the email? I didnt get any.
    I've bought off them before, so it would have been to their customer base.
    02-04-13 11:39 PM
    What is your current order status?
    02-04-13 11:51 PM
    when did you preorder yours?
    I pre ordered mine around 12:15AM on 1st Feb Perth time (GMT + 8). it should be quite early since i checked the site for the whole day then around 12am it changed from unreleased to pre order!
    I ordered first thing on the 1st Feb, not quite as early as you but from the advice I got from the customer service rep I'm pretty sure I'm in the first batch of shipments. Been hitting refresh on my Mobicity account page the whole day!
    02-05-13 12:45 AM
    I ordered first thing on the 1st Feb, not quite as early as you but from the advice I got from the customer service rep I'm pretty sure I'm in the first batch of shipments. Been hitting refresh on my Mobicity account page the whole day!
    Then i think i should be in the first bacth too. The cm service rep didnt really give me clue at all =(. I have been waiting for shipment email for thr whole day as she said the shipment will begin this week!!
    02-05-13 01:55 AM
    Then i think i should be in the first bacth too. The cm service rep didnt really give me clue at all =(. I have been waiting for shipment email for thr whole day as she said the shipment will begin this week!!
    This was the email I got from my rep on Monday:

"Correct. The warehouse recieved stock over the weekend and will begin shipping them out as of today (the 4th). I can not supply you with a definite date that your order will ship as it depends where you are on the pre-order list, however it will be within the next few days, definitely not mid-March.

I can email you again on Wednesday with an update."

So hoping for good news tomorrow!
    02-05-13 03:08 AM
    Why would Mobicity get a shipment sent anywhere near before telstra or optus?
    02-05-13 04:05 AM
979 1234 ...