Hello, I really want to learn how to code decent apps for BlackBerry 10! I love my Z10 and I wanna make a good app for it. I know the basic rules of coding because I'm fluent in HTML but I'm still a begginer. Can you please tell me what languages I need to learn to create a decent BB10 app? Can I use codeacademy.com to teach me the languages needed to make decent BB10 apps ? Please and thanks!
    05-31-13 03:53 PM
    Well just build a Web works html app

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:54 PM
    Well just build a Web works html app

Posted via CB10
    I don't even know what web works is ?
    05-31-13 03:56 PM
    Anyone ????
    05-31-13 04:03 PM
    Hope you learn because someone has to since none of them seem to be doing anything for the Z10. They seem to think we all want angry bird updates instead of apps that are important for everyday users like call block, a decent FB app, Skype, a decent map app and the list goes on.
    Then people wonder why members say they are switching to another platform once BBM goes public....which is simple, they have useful apps that people,actually want.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    06-01-13 02:28 AM
    Use native/cascades. Best way to learn Imo. They have tons of sample apps that you can reference. If you understand html than it will help only because you know how to open/close bracket. Buuuut if you have a specific app in mind that is far more complex, like a game, there is numerous routes to go

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 03:31 AM
    Use native/cascades. Best way to learn Imo. They have tons of sample apps that you can reference. If you understand html than it will help only because you know how to open/close bracket. Buuuut if you have a specific app in mind that is far more complex, like a game, there is numerous routes to go

Posted via CB10
    How can I use native/cascades and how can I learn it ? Please answer!
    06-01-13 03:52 AM
    http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/

Everything to get you started

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 04:03 AM
    You'll need to learn C++, Qt and QML (a JavaScript-like language) to get the most of Cascades. You can do simple apps with both logic and UI in QML, but for more advanced functionality you'll probably need to code your own C++ classes and objects and link those up with the QML user interface.

You can use the BB10 SDK for development. You can also use Qt Creator but you'll need to modify some configs.
    06-01-13 04:25 AM
    Anyone ????
    Dude, wrong channel. Go to apps chanel instead and u should get better replies.
    06-01-13 04:31 AM