For update:

Just found this essential lacking, at least on my device:

In composing email, going to attach a file to the email, using Search to find the file, and then finding the file, the found file will not attach. No "Done" tab. No attaching when selected. Nada. Had to find the file without using "Search" to attach it.

Or am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 01:31 PM
    Hi nathan

I'm trying to reproduce your issue but maybe I'm not reading your post properly.

If I compose an email. The. Hit attach at the bottom I get a list of things to choose. Like picture, file etc. One I select a file and hit done. It attaches fine.

The other way to do this is to find a file you want to attach first. Then at the bottom, hit the share icon and select email.

Both options work properly. If these aren't working for you perhaps a reboot of the hub or phone would be a good place to start to try and figure this out.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    nathan62969 likes this.
    04-07-13 11:17 PM
    Thanks Bintheredunthat. I can find the attach, but what I mean is this:

When I am composing an email, go to attach a file, pick a type of file I want to upload (let's say go into "File" and then "Music"), and click the Search icon and search for a file, when the file shows up, there is no way to see that that file is attached. I touch the file, nothing happens. There is only a "Cancel" tab -- no "Done" or other tab. So basically the search function for attaching files is useless. I've attached screenshot.

Attaching Email Attachment - Search file won't attach-img_00000033.jpg
    04-08-13 01:42 AM
    I tried this. It doesn't attach the file as Nathan has mentioned. Probably a tweak required in next update?

Posted via CB10
    nathan62969 likes this.
    04-08-13 02:00 AM
    Thanks Bintheredunthat. I can find the attach, but what I mean is this:

When I am composing an email, go to attach a file, pick a type of file I want to upload (let's say go into "File" and then "Music"), and click the Search icon and search for a file, when the file shows up, there is no way to see that that file is attached. I touch the file, nothing happens. There is only a "Cancel" tab -- no "Done" or other tab. So basically the search function for attaching files is useless. I've attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000033.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	149124
    Gotcha! My bad I was misunderstanding. Yup I can reproduce the issue. Looks like you found a bug! Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    nathan62969 likes this.
    04-08-13 07:21 AM
    Ha!

So, had a few moments free time, and tried to figure out if I was missing something -- which I was.

So, in composing an email, selecting to attach a file, and then going into searching for a file, here is how to select a file to be attached:

Hold your finger down on the file for a moment, and when you release, as long as it is highlighted, you can click "cancel," and on the next screen it should show "1 item selected." Or you can select several tracks in search, and then after clicking "cancel," you will see "# items selected." Then click "done," and the files would be attached.

Still think it might be worthwile to include a "done" tab in the search function, but as long as it works, cool!
    05-09-13 10:35 PM
    +1. Just had the same experience a few hours ago. I was going for respond, because I also eventually figured it out.

7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> Z10 + PlayBook
    nathan62969 likes this.
    05-09-13 11:32 PM