Soooo.... I don't want to be a Polly prissy pants, but with all these new OS's flying in...if I were an enterprising crook, I'd release a version, we've all been horny for, with a backdoor built in to bend your BB over a barrel and have my way with your data... I'm I just being a product of my government paranoia? Or is this a possible concern?
    05-02-13 08:28 AM
    Bit paranoid but I do think loading a leaked OS is a crazy thing to do in general.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 08:50 AM
    What you suggested is not possible.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 09:02 AM
    The OS files are cryptograhpically signed by BlackBerry and verified by the device when loaded. BAR files containing applications are similarly signed. If there was a way around these protections we would be seeing modded OSs similar to the Cyanogenmod series on Android. The leaked and hybrid OS autoloaders contain properly signed images or they wouldn't load on the device. That doesn't mean that it is a good idea for everyone to load them. There are probably reasons the leaked images haven't been officially released, but I doubt malware is one of those reasons. There are many people who would leap at the chance to have root access to their BB10 phones, and others that would leap at the chance to claim the fame of beating BlackBerry security.
    Bla1ze, KDB84, boonzer and 1 others like this.
    05-02-13 09:03 AM