The app has no connection to your phone to read anything. It is a notification program and has been on BlackBerry for a long time. Bebuzz as well.

Posted via CB10
    It needs access to your SMS messages and contacts so it can decide what notification to display, this also potentially means they can read these details as well. I am sure that they are both upstanding companies and don't do this but I can't take the chance.
    10-01-13 12:32 AM
    That's too bad. Its is highly customized. I'm still tinkering with it and expanding upon its usefulness more all the time. I love the led functions the most. Nothing like looking at the phone from a distance and knowing who, and what account or feature of the phone that person is using to contact you without picking up the phone. Message preview is great. Assign any tones you have to any contacts, and the duration of the audible tone from once to constant alerts until you unlock the screen. I like short duration audibles, combined with continuous custom led combinations. Definitely a massive upscale of stock functions. Made a huge difference for me and my day. I own a construction business and it's a noisy environment. The led functions are my favorite, as I don't keep my phone on me depending on what I am building, and what the weather is like. I can look through a window at my phone and tell who was trying to get a hold of me from my custom led pattern. I respond to things faster without exposing the phone to damage, and it lessens constant checking of the phone and finding out it was just some dirtbag spamming my phone and I wasted my time stopping what I was doing. I also use my BlackBerry blue tooth speaker clipped to my belt to hear the audible come through to decide if I want to act on it. Its has been a hassle eliminator. I hate stopping what I am doing to talk to a telemarketer.
    As for having it active, i only normally have about 6 or 7 panes open when I am multitasking full bore.
    Honestly, you are missing out, but your situation may make you hesitant. It's just efficiency that i don't want to give up and need.
    10.2 will change some of your frustration.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    10-01-13 07:12 AM
    "10.2 will change some of your frustration."

From what I hear, "headless" (long-running) application support is pretty half-baked and very difficult to use, basically requiring developers to rewrite their programmes all over again. Plus BlackBerry's approval process is very slow. Don't expect a lot of applications to have "headless" support.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    10-01-13 11:12 AM
28 12