I have always charged my devices with a hp touch pad charger when I need to get them charged asap , works fine for me.

I do charge at night sometimes using a usb wall charger at 500ma which takes about 4 hours and 15 minutes with no usage during that time.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 09:25 AM
    I just use my PlayBook charger if I'm in a rush. If I'm charging overnight I use my Bold 9700 charger.

Didn't Thor make a joke about how BlackBerry 10 would continue to use micro USB chargers? (As a shot at Apple and their new Lightning chargers)

They do continue to use micro usb but some older micro usb chargers don't put out the 750ma +

Is no one reading the article?

Posted via CB10

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 09:30 AM
    I've been using the standard charger at work and my PlayBook charger at home. So far no issues

Posted via CB10
    The PB usb charger is also 750ma...it's the same usb charger that comes with the Z10

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 09:33 AM
    What about the playbook charger cant find the amperage?
    02-20-13 09:33 AM
    I just use my PlayBook charger if I'm in a rush. If I'm charging overnight I use my Bold 9700 charger.

Didn't Thor make a joke about how BlackBerry 10 would continue to use micro USB chargers? (As a shot at Apple and their new Lightning chargers)

Posted via CB10
    I guess I should stop using my Bold 9700 Charger as it's only a 700 mAh charger & apparently the Z10 needs a 750 mAh (or higher?) charger.

There's a pretty good article about this here:

RIM Confirms BlackBerry PlayBook Premium Charger Charges Phones 2X Faster! - BerryReview
    02-20-13 09:40 AM
    used my javelin charger with my play book and I experienced battery drain sometimes even when plugged in. I thought it was my play book but it was just the charger.
    02-20-13 10:12 AM
    Just a note the new Multimedia Docking pod comes with the Premium charger
    02-20-13 10:29 AM
    Just to clarify: Does the article mean that the Z10 will take longer to charge (when charging and using the phone at the same time) when not using the official Z10 charger or will it harm the actual battery and result in shorter battery life overtime when not using the official Z10 charger?!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 10:52 AM
    This is the same thing for the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy series devices. In fact, the MacBook line has a higher capacity USB charge port just for this reason (It is normally 500mA over USB spec, but they support a higher amount to allow for charging of iPods, iPhones at a "normal" rate).
    02-20-13 10:57 AM
    I am interested in the answer to that question as well. I got my Z10 on Feb 5. I have been charging overnight with the Z10 charger and also sometimes with an older charger. The battery is 100 % in the morning regardless. However I am returning my Z10 today as the charge does not last past noon (and I only do a couple of texts and emails and that's it!). I have taken it off LTE and turned off WIfi and Bluetooth and it still doesn't get more than 5/6 hours. Hopefully it is a bum battery. My wife uses her iPhone 4S in her medical practice all day (mainly texting and email) and her battery is around 50% in the evening. Her Wifi and Bluetooth is always running. I am not interested in shutting things off just to eek out another hour or so. Still would have to charge at least 3 times a day - that simply is unacceptable.
    02-20-13 11:02 AM
    The PB usb charger is also 750ma...it's the same usb charger that comes with the Z10

Posted from my Z10.
    Not correct. The OEM PB charger is 1.8A. It is the same one sold as a premiium charger for many BlackBerry phones.
    02-20-13 11:13 AM
    How about my awesome PlayBook OEM charger, or the PlayBook Rapid Charger? And, if this was the case, why make it look IDENTICAL to my Torch 9800 charger?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 11:34 AM
    Not correct. The OEM PB charger is 1.8A. It is the same one sold as a premiium charger for many BlackBerry phones.
    The micro usb charger that came with my Playbooks are a micro usb cord with the wall adapter, it says 750mA on the bottom. So yes I am correct it is the same as the charger that came with my Z10.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 11:34 AM
    Funny thing is that ONLY my old BB chargers will actually charge my Z10! The cube that came with the Z10 doesn't charge it worth a spit! I've tried different USB cables with the cube to see if that was the issue but they all work fine with older cubes just not the new one. I have to contact BlackBerry customer service to see what they can do about this. I'm fine using the charger that came with my PlayBook as I have a desktop cradle for it anyways.
    02-20-13 11:40 AM
    The micro usb charger that came with my Playbooks are a micro usb cord with the wall adapter, it says 750mA on the bottom. So yes I am correct it is the same as the charger that came with my Z10.

Posted from my Z10.
    Did you purchase your PlayBook new or second hand/refurbished? I only ask because I have 2 PlayBooks that I bought NEW and they both came with the Premium Charger. As well, 6 other PlayBooks that have been bought brand new within my circle of friends/family, also came with the Premium Charger.
    02-20-13 11:43 AM
    This is the charger that comes with the PB. 5V 1.8A
    Attached Thumbnails Article: Please don't charge your Z10 with old BlackBerry chargers..-blackberry-acc-39343-301-oem-original-high-capacity-folding-blade-micro-usb-charger-blackber.jpg  
    02-20-13 11:51 AM
    Did you purchase your PlayBook new or second hand/refurbished? I only ask because I have 2 PlayBooks that I bought NEW and they both came with the Premium Charger. As well, 6 other PlayBooks that have been bought brand new within my circle of friends/family, also came with the Premium Charger.
    Both mine bought new only came with the charger I described and a case. I purchased my dock charger and magnetic quick charger separately.

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 11:53 AM
    I own 2 PB's and one was exchange 3 times. All new boxes came with the Premium Charger.
    02-20-13 11:53 AM
    Funny thing is that ONLY my old BB chargers will actually charge my Z10! The cube that came with the Z10 doesn't charge it worth a spit! I've tried different USB cables with the cube to see if that was the issue but they all work fine with older cubes just not the new one. I have to contact BlackBerry customer service to see what they can do about this. I'm fine using the charger that came with my PlayBook as I have a desktop cradle for it anyways.
    My damn cube will not do anything on my phone, i do not get anything happening as usually you will see the lightning bolt across the battery indicator, as soon as I unplug the cube and plug in my premium charger it starts charging imediately. The stupid thing about this is that when I plug my cube into my playbook it works.

Anyone have an idea what is going on with that piece of crap cube thing.
    02-20-13 12:09 PM
    My PlayBook came with the Premium Charger too.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 12:58 PM
    This is not limited to Blackberry Devices. For example, the Samsung Galaxy S3, has a similar issue.
    02-20-13 01:02 PM
    More information than most probably want but an excellent read for all you techies. Even if your eyes glaze over at the charts, at least skim through the article. Many interesting nuggets to be found. The following are just a couple of cut and pastes from a site called "Battery University" Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

"Increasing the charge current does not hasten the full-charge state by much. Although the battery reaches the voltage peak quicker with a fast charge, the saturation charge will take longer accordingly."

"Charge currents with Li-ion are less critical and can vary widely. Any charge will do."

"Some portable devices sit in a charge cradle in the "on" position. The current drawn through the device is called the parasitic load and can distort the charge cycle... A portable device must be turned off during charge." (my note... do the chargers/phones/tablets take this into consideration?)

This last one does give much food for thought. I would love to know how the chargers, as well as the charging circuits in the phone or tablet are designed. Much harder info to come by I would suspect. I've come away from my research with the thought that, as usual, everything in life is a compromise.
    02-20-13 01:06 PM
    Both mine bought new only came with the charger I described and a case. I purchased my dock charger and magnetic quick charger separately.

Posted from my Z10.
    It seems you are the only person that didn't get a Playbook charger with your Playbook. Everyone else did.

What actually comes with Playbooks is:
    Blackberry USB Cable, Micro-USB, 1.2m, Black (ASY-28109-003)
    NA Folding Blade Charger 5V 1.8A (ASY-34724-001)
    02-20-13 01:10 PM
    It seems you are the only person that didn't get a Playbook charger with your Playbook. Everyone else did.

What actually comes with Playbooks is:
    Blackberry USB Cable, Micro-USB, 1.2m, Black (ASY-28109-003)
    NA Folding Blade Charger 5V 1.8A (ASY-34724-001)
    Are you saying you didn't get the little block thing that goes into the wall and has USB with your playbooks? The same one that came with the Z10?

Posted from my Z10.
    02-20-13 01:46 PM
    Are you saying you didn't get the little block thing that goes into the wall and has USB with your playbooks? The same one that came with the Z10?

Posted from my Z10.
    Nope I did not and I don't believe anyone else did either.
    02-20-13 01:52 PM
100 1234