The last update was Feb 17th. Some of the sample size are not large enough to accurately measure. It will be interesting where it stands as of today.
    04-15-13 11:18 AM
    Funny you should mention that. I recently had something to say to a bunch of people (a.k.a. "users") who knew nothing at all about display technology so they based their entire discussion on resolution alone. Basically the exact same thing a salesperson would talk about to an uninformed, unsuspecting layman to display tech.

That's why I prefer expert reviews to user reviews by some shmoe who eats up sales-speak and has zero experience or knowledge of the tech he's posting about. And average users DO have hidden agendas in that they're biased. They already bought it.
    Normally I would agree with your point however it seems like all the so called experts in the US will not look favorably at blackberry over the 2 American counter parts no matter what blackberry does. Many of these firms have a lot to gain if blackberry tanks (hundreds of millions of dollars). The average consumer although they may be somewhat biased towards blackberry is more trust worthy in my eyes because they have nothing to gain if blackberry makes it or not.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:27 AM
    The last update was Feb 17th. Some of the sample size are not large enough to accurately measure. It will be interesting where it stands as of today.
    yet another victim of the "I didn't read the entire thread" syndrome
    04-15-13 11:34 AM
    I guess only in America is there bad press. I wonder of that has anything to do with Apple and Google both being American corporations?

Posted via CB10
    I am American who is supporting Blackberry, but every time I read ignorant posts it makes me wonder I should be more nationalistic since it seems to be such an important thing to the non-Americans. By the way, where is the number 1 Android vendor from? They seem to do okay in the US.

Back on topic, I think the reviews show that Blackberry came to market with a pretty solid device. I give Thorsten credit for waiting, rather than rushing. Obviously future updates will be key in continued to its success, but I think by releasing a more polished product to start they set themselves up for success.
    04-15-13 11:54 AM
    04-15-13 11:58 AM
    I guess only in America is there bad press. I wonder of that has anything to do with Apple and Google both being American corporations?

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it
    04-15-13 12:19 PM
    I doubt it
    Well I haven't seen any attack articles other than from analysts in the US where about 1/3 of the stock is shorted. Not a coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:48 PM
    or that the phone is being returned in droves
    04-15-13 01:02 PM
    I am American who is supporting Blackberry, but every time I read ignorant posts it makes me wonder I should be more nationalistic since it seems to be such an important thing to the non-Americans. By the way, where is the number 1 Android vendor from? They seem to do okay in the US.

Back on topic, I think the reviews show that Blackberry came to market with a pretty solid device. I give Thorsten credit for waiting, rather than rushing. Obviously future updates will be key in continued to its success, but I think by releasing a more polished product to start they set themselves up for success.
    I didn't say the American people don't show any support. This site proves that many do. But like I said earlier people and firms who can have a major impact on the company and the stock don't seem to be and I don't see that anywhere else. Oh and FYI I don't really think Google cares what vendor their OS is on. It's about their bottom line. Samsung is just a distribution channel for them.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:08 PM
    Oh and FYI I don't really think Google cares what vendor their OS is on. It's about their bottom line. Samsung is just a distribution channel for them.
    Right, a foreign distribution channel that seems to be doing pretty well in the US.
    04-15-13 01:40 PM
    Right, a foreign distribution channel that seems to be doing pretty well in the US.
    Yes because American corporations never take advantage of foreign countries to maximize profit. Tell me, where is the iphone built again?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:50 PM
    Yes because American corporations never take advantage of foreign countries to maximize profit. Tell me, where is the iphone built again?
    China.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    04-15-13 01:54 PM
    Have a look at the rest of the thread, myself and others have posted links and stats.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-15-13 01:59 PM
    Maybe blackberry has more loyal fans?
    Than Apple? No way! :-) I'd sooner insult a Blackberry than any Apple product, lest my Apple fanatic friends start beaning me with their collection of Steve Jobs action figures ...
    R Field likes this.
    04-15-13 04:44 PM
    I do not find any of this surprising in the least. The satisfaction post someone started here proves that the overwhelming majority are satisfied with their phone too.
    I'd like to see an opposite thread to see how many that adds up to.
    04-15-13 04:50 PM
    I'd like to see an opposite thread to see how many that adds up to.
    So create one.
    04-15-13 04:54 PM
    I don't own one.
    04-15-13 05:06 PM
    Just got off the VZW site.
    Z10 4.5/5 with 90% recommending
    iPhone5 is 4.5/5 with 88% recommending
    Slll 4.2/5 with 76% recommending
    Nokia 920 4.2/5 on AT&T's site

What's interesting is the number of Z10 positive reviews from those switching from other platforms.
    tdaye likes this.
    04-15-13 07:30 PM
    Android phones should be easy to beat. Nice to see Z10 can hold it's own against mature OS and hardware from Apple.
    04-15-13 08:17 PM
    Despite the few bugs, and it does still have a few bugs, it is the best out there as a overall package. Size, build quality, ease of use, etc. You don't have to be blindly loyal to appreciate these, just practical
    I think it is too big. Along with being too big, ease of use declines.

See. All personal opinions.
    04-15-13 08:19 PM
    Well I haven't seen any attack articles other than from analysts in the US where about 1/3 of the stock is shorted. Not a coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    Of course the fact that 1/3 rd of the shorting has occurred in the US has nothing to do with the fact that the largest capital markets in the world are in the states?

Proportionately, that means other nations are harder on the BB than the US.
    04-15-13 08:21 PM
    Of course the fact that 1/3 rd of the shorting has occurred in the US has nothing to do with the fact that the largest capital markets in the world are in the states?

Proportionately, that means other nations are harder on the BB than the US.
    I don't think it's the shorting but the reviews from these mobile or tech "experts" do seem a bit biased. Personally, I think it is because Blackberry was MIA for a couple of years. They haven't had a competitive product in many years and a lot of these reviewers don't have as much experience reviewing and/or using Blackberry products.

Some reviewers have tried to be as objective as possible, others don't seem to care at all. Ultimately, you can't blame all of these reviewers because they are human after all. So they will naturally praise and recommend products they are familiar with, like using, and which are popular with consumers. Blackberry isn't alone, Windows Phones also suffer from this bias.

That is why I take expert reviews with a grain of salt and don't listen to fanboy reviews like BGR, CNET, etc.
    04-15-13 08:40 PM
    Sorry to crash the party but this page is dated 14th of February.

Am I missing something?
    Yes, it was Valentine's Day and the BB10 love continues two months on.

I posted this article originally on Feb 15 and the comments then pretty much echo the comments now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...action-772335/
    04-16-13 01:23 PM
    I don't think it's the shorting but the reviews from these mobile or tech "experts" do seem a bit biased. Personally, I think it is because Blackberry was MIA for a couple of years. They haven't had a competitive product in many years and a lot of these reviewers don't have as much experience reviewing and/or using Blackberry products.

Some reviewers have tried to be as objective as possible, others don't seem to care at all. Ultimately, you can't blame all of these reviewers because they are human after all. So they will naturally praise and recommend products they are familiar with, like using, and which are popular with consumers. Blackberry isn't alone, Windows Phones also suffer from this bias.

That is why I take expert reviews with a grain of salt and don't listen to fanboy reviews like BGR, CNET, etc.
    I'm willing to bet that every shareholder of Apple has felt the same way over the last few months.
    04-16-13 08:20 PM
    That is exactly what I mean, Customer reviews. I do not read Customer Reviews, as I do not know who is writing it and what are their intentions. Are they serious about it, or is there a hidden agenda.
    04-17-13 12:21 AM
100 ... 234