do you have to pay for 2 data plans? or do you switch the sim card back & forth?
    No.... one plan, one bill. Yes, switch sim card. Or you can apply for two plans as long as you don't have agreement and of course, you will be having two bills.

Posted via (CB)
    05-16-13 08:50 PM
    I remember there was an article on CB, I think written by Kevin, outlining the key differences that's likely to become the end result of bb10 on the PlayBook. Bigger screen and 1GB ram would need to have the actions and use on the PB (much) different then what we're familiar with, but what you would like to see should be easy to implement

Posted via CB10
    The Dev Alpha devices ran fine with 1gb RAM so I doubt that's the hols up. Although we're waiting for BB10 to come to the PlayBook I can understand the delay. They need to work out redundancies in the OS to deal with the larger screen. At least that's what I think, and don't mind the waiting at all. My PlayBook serves my needs perfectly. Only thing I'd love is for full BlackBerry Bridge like before or at least to have the Remember app with Bridge. But that's something I can ignore for now.

What I'd really like is a way for my PlayBook and phone to be truly one. Like if I'm writing a doc with Docs to go on one device I can just bump it to continue on another device, like PlayBook to BB10 phone and vice versa if I wanted or needed to. Not like save the file and then open it with Box or similar service in the next device. I want to be able to just "push" it to my PlayBook / phone so that it's already there when I reach for it.

Sort of how we push websites from the browser to the PlayBook already but for more apps and for into work both ways. This would seriously help declutter some desks.
    Imagine using the PlayBook as your desktop by connecting it to a monitor a BT Keyboard and mouse by just pushing a file to it and having their for viewing before you even sit at your desk, and if you need to move from it but still have work to do, you can just push it to your phone if you can't take your PlayBook with you and "Keep Moving" with your virtual workplace with you at all times.
    Something else that would be cool is to have the ability to have one's phone as a remote for the PlayBook while it's in a game. Imagine you open a game in your PlayBook while it's hooked to a TV and using your remote as a controller.
    Now all this would be amazing and by all means seems feasible, now if BlackBerry do it is another thing and if they do do it right, they would be the first to tap into such a market. Now what do you guys think? Should we continue to complain about the lack of an update, or should we wait patiently to see what BlackBerry is working on for the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4044683) and SalMan50 like this.
    05-18-13 11:50 PM
    If it's not 1080p I'm not getting it. I'd rather keep the Z10 for its higher ppi screen. It's pretty much guaranteed that every reviewer will talk about the resolution on a flagship device as all flagship android devices are now 1080p.
    05-18-13 11:56 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry pushed back the release of 2013's planned devices because the Z10 and Q10 were pushed in the year as opposed to launching, as planned, in late-2012. To me, it really doesn't matter. Even though I most likely won't be getting the "Aristo" to replace my Z10, I hope that BlackBerry doesn't sit out of what looks to be an autumn full of offerings from Google, Apple, and Microsoft/Nokia. The Aristo will, most likely, be running update BB10 software so as long as my Z10 can run the software, I'd pass on the Aristo simply because I've already invested a lot into my Z10 (and I love my Z10!).

If Apple can, in 2013, still be offering the same OS to the iPhone 5 as it is to the iPhone 3GS, BlackBerry should be able to support the Z10 for a few more years.
    ryanza likes this.
    05-19-13 12:10 AM
    I'm happy with my Z10 just as it is. I don't want a phone that is any bigger at all. My Z10 fits my hand perfectly, unlike larger Android phones.

What I would like to see is BB10 mature sooner rather than later. At the moment I'm happy with the way my Z10 works, each update has given me more of what I want and I'm happy with this.

What I don't want to see is apps NEEDING a quad core CPU to work, apps must work equally well on all BB10 devices.

I know there is a market for phablets but I want that market to compliment the BB10 ecosystem as a whole, not lead to segregation based on device type.

Again I'm happy with what I have now, I don't want to be forced to upgrade expensive hardware often, I want some uniformity for a while. The Android and Apple rat race that requires new hardware yearly or sooner is a wast of my money as I pay cash for my mobile phones. BB10 is, as far as I understand, about efficacy, I want to see more of that, more with less.

(lol, FlashFlare11, I hope someone listens to what we're saying! )
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    05-19-13 12:14 AM
    YES YES YES, those are really good ideas and the best part is that they're all feasible. The implementation of bb bridge is definitely a less intuitive version of what we were used to on the legacy devices. As to the 'push' content from the playbook to phone and vice versa, that should also be one of their forefront items when the playbook update comes up. The iCloud works awesome with all Apple devices that one might own, so if BB manages to do the same type of process in the background and "Keep people moving" that'll be fantastic for the reliability and transition btn devices
    05-19-13 04:03 AM
    I hope they make the aristo a true phablet... 5+ inch screen. The z10 is already 4.2" so really 4.7? what's the point?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:07 AM
    This new phone looks very intriguing if the rumors are true. I would like a bigger screen but then I wonder if the keyboard would be just as good. Definitely would be tougher in one hand.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:07 AM
    The Aristo has peaked my interested but what would automatically put me off personally was if the device was any bigger then my Z10. Unless it's actual purpose is to be a tablet.
    To me anything bigger is just to big to have as your daily mobile device.
    I think the Z10s size to have found the perfect happy medium.
    But I'll definitely keep my eyes open on the Aristo front, a couple of people have mentioned an upgraded Z10 that would be launched towards the end of the year, could be the Aristo or simply could be an internally upgraded and slight face lift externally running 10.x whatever is out then.
    In the meantime I'm loving my Z10 and am in no rush to move onto anything else

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-19-13 04:21 AM
    Blackberry has no choice but to offer a larger more powerful version of the Z10, in this case the Phablet called Aristo. They need to go head to head versus Samsung's big screen offerings. At least this gives people choice now. Just think about it.

Z10, Q10, Q5, Aristo, etc... This is choice, I love the Z10, but will go for the Aristo with a larger screen in a split second. Despite the FACT BlackBerry 10 is indeed the best Mobile Platform ever released in existence, they still need a variety of products. Here hoping they stick to the 6 BB10 devices by years end. Hoping two of those is 1) Larger Z10 and 2) 10" PlayBook.
    05-27-13 07:50 PM
    I can see then doing a more powerful Blackberry phone for the fall. If they put it on Verizon then i will delay my upgrade until its release.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-28-13 05:42 PM
    Same here, I'd like any upgraded z10 to come mostly through software tweaks and the Aristo may fill in the void of a phablet if anything (PlayBook 2 anyone...) which would run the same OS versions as the z10, but with a bigger screen offering. It's either going to try and replace the z10 or establish it's own market, I hope the latter would be true

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:08 PM
    I really want to see 1080p in the ARISTO. I think if it doesnt have that, reviewers will smash it for that, and it wont justify its flagship status. 1080p BB...please!!

Posted via CB10
    By then, I feel it'll be more of an expected standard to display 1080p, but it'll be exciting to see what BlackBerry may have up their sleeves

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:09 PM
    Im Just hoping for less bezel.
    05-29-13 01:10 PM
    I wonder if BlackBerry pushed back the release of 2013's planned devices because the Z10 and Q10 were pushed in the year as opposed to launching, as planned, in late-2012. To me, it really doesn't matter. Even though I most likely won't be getting the "Aristo" to replace my Z10, I hope that BlackBerry doesn't sit out of what looks to be an autumn full of offerings from Google, Apple, and Microsoft/Nokia. The Aristo will, most likely, be running update BB10 software so as long as my Z10 can run the software, I'd pass on the Aristo simply because I've already invested a lot into my Z10 (and I love my Z10!).

If Apple can, in 2013, still be offering the same OS to the iPhone 5 as it is to the iPhone 3GS, BlackBerry should be able to support the Z10 for a few more years.
    Yup, I'm all for the long haul with my z10, being a new platform, I'd like to experience it's trials and tribulations from the beginning and see how it will mold out with the competitors and my satisfaction too

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 01:12 PM
40 12