Hi can anybody recommend best productivity apps either from BBW or Amazon App Store?

BB Z Ten STL -1 | 10.3.1.2708
    04-14-15 11:13 AM
    Define productivity.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    04-14-15 12:16 PM
    Define productivity.
    Nice question!

Well by productivity I mean better and faster dropbox like one available at Google play. Better evernote with chat option, better skype/viber, better calendar and most important thing how to use remember to get maximum benefit.

I hope u would be now able to reply.

04-14-15 01:08 PM
    I can't help you with "betters". Also no idea about Evernote+chat. Apps are what they are, not much can be done about that.

I don't use DropBOX, but I do BOX and OneDrive. They are fairly fast if you ask me, on WiFi and 4GLTE. I know DropBox is as fast as, so double check your connection. There was a bug on previous 10.3.1 that made initial loadout terribly slow, but it's gone (as far as my experience).

Define your calendar problem.

Remember Sync'ed vs Local: Remember has some sync capabilities - It can sync Evernote notes and Outlook.com tasks (probably some other services that I don't use as well and surely stuff over an ActiveSync server) - as well the ability to save everything to device memory. You can create folders and add stuff to those, provided the stuff is all from the same service. So you can Create a local folder and all flagged messages, notes, pictures, voice notes, pretty much anything to it, but if it's a sync'ed folder, the amount of things that can go in will be limited to what the service can handle (Evernote can only do notes, for exemple).

Remember Notes: Here is my user case - I add my Evernote account to my Z30 and it syncs my notes (I change the colors of all folders to help me spot stuff faster). When ever I need to create a new note, I make sure to pick one of the sync'ed folders so I can easily access it on the PC.

Remember Tasks: Sadly, no sync options here unless you are on Outlook.com. Tasks ipart is very straightforward, you get to set reminders and due dates. If you want to create a list of tasks, all you gotta do is add the same word to the Tag field (this also works for notes). If you try to move a task, you can also create a list.

Remember/HUB - Flagged Messages: If you flag a message on the HUB, it automatically generates a task in Remember (local). On it's own that's not helpful, but if you make use of due dates and reminders, then Remember really shines making you not forget to reply to that important email.

Sidenote: Local tasks, notes, and flagged messages can go into local folders, but not sync'ed ones. That's Remember for you. I love that app.
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-14-15 at 01:48 PM.
    04-14-15 01:36 PM
    I can't help you with "betters". Also no idea about Evernote+chat. Apps are what they are, not much can be done about that.

I don't use DropBOX, but I do BOX and OneDrive. They are fairly fast if you ask me, on WiFi and 4GLTE. I know DropBox is as fast as, so double check your connection. There was a bug on previous 10.3.1 that made initial loadout terribly slow, but it's gone (as far as my experience).

Define your calendar problem.

Remember Sync'ed vs Local: Remember has some sync capabilities - It can sync Evernote notes and Outlook.com tasks (probably some other services that I don't use as well and surely stuff over an ActiveSync server) - as well the ability to save everything to device memory. You can create folders and add stuff to those, provided the stuff is all from the same service. So you can Create a local folder and all flagged messages, notes, pictures, voice notes, pretty much anything to it, but if it's a sync'ed folder, the amount of things that can go in will be limited to what the service can handle (Evernote can only do notes, for exemple).

Remember Notes: Here is my user case - I add my Evernote account to my Z30 and it syncs my notes (I change the colors of all folders to help me spot stuff faster). When ever I need to create a new note, I make sure to pick one of the sync'ed folders so I can easily access it on the PC.

Remember Tasks: Sadly, no sync options here unless you are on Outlook.com. Tasks ipart is very straightforward, you get to set reminders and due dates. If you want to create a list of tasks, all you gotta do is add the same word to the Tag field (this also works for notes). If you try to move a task, you can also create a list.

Remember/HUB - Flagged Messages: If you flag a message on the HUB, it automatically generates a task in Remember (local). On it's own that's not helpful, but if you make use of due dates and reminders, then Remember really shines making you not forget to reply to that important email.

Sidenote: Local tasks, notes, and flagged messages can go into local folders, but not sync'ed ones. That's Remember for you. I love that app.
    Thank you for such a brief reply and that was very useful. I asked in another thread now asking you here that I am dealing with 25 enquiries a day and I assign a few more enquiries to my colleagues at work, how do I set up my follow ups? Is there any way remember can help me?

Thanks for your time

diegonei likes this.
    04-14-15 02:11 PM
    Dropbox and Onedrive are really very slow for me and I am on latest 10.3.1.2708 but I didn't tried Box as yet as I heard a lot about dropbox and onedrive and I heard Box isn't good with certain restrictions

04-14-15 02:13 PM
    Dropbox and Onedrive are really very slow for me and I am on latest 10.3.1.2708 but I didn't tried Box as yet as I heard a lot about dropbox and onedrive and I heard Box isn't good with certain restrictions

I find BOX to work just great. I also suggest you update your OS.

Follow ups... I suppose that due dates and notifications should do it? Or you could set up appointments in the calendar...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by diegonei; 04-14-15 at 02:36 PM.
    04-14-15 02:24 PM
    Dropbox and OneDrive still very slow even on latest 2726 leak. Nothing even close to what it should be. Using Android apps to access those services is faster, but eats 5-10% battery per hour on Z10 - unusable.
    04-14-15 02:30 PM
    Dropbox and OneDrive still very slow even on latest 2726 leak. Nothing even close to what it should be. Using Android apps to access those services is faster, but eats 5-10% battery per hour on Z10 - unusable.
    Mine are working fine.

Fully wiped though. It could be that.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 02:37 PM
    What's it like with battery saving mode enabled?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 02:40 PM
    Mine are working fine.

Fully wiped though. It could be that.
    "Fine" is subjective. Tested on Z10, Q10, Z30 and Passport - very slow on every device running 10.3.x OS. No black magic of wiping, nuke, hard reboots, autoloaders or burning herbs nearby speeds up the process. Just because of this ongoing issue BlackBerry probably lost another few hundred thousand users.
    04-14-15 02:53 PM
    What's it like with battery saving mode enabled?
    Never used battery saving mode. It's killing already slow Z10.
    04-14-15 02:55 PM
    Never used battery saving mode. It's killing already slow Z10.
    I suspect your Z10 is faulty, there is no reason why you should be noticing any significant delay. I run in Battery Saving Mode from 100%, finally down to one battery a day from a height of three a day prior to the later 10.2.1 builds.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:04 PM
    I suspect your Z10 is faulty, there is no reason why you should be noticing any significant delay. I run in Battery Saving Mode from 100%, finally down to one battery a day...
    I have no complaints about battery life. Getting 12-18h with normal use easily with one charge without any restrictions like saving mode. The issue is integrated in File Manager cloud services access. Works well on 10.2, broken on 10.3. Nothing to do with the phone. It's the same on all devices.
    04-14-15 03:10 PM
    "Fine" is subjective. Tested on Z10, Q10, Z30 and Passport - very slow on every device running 10.3.x OS. No black magic of wiping, nuke, hard reboots, autoloaders or burning herbs nearby speeds up the process. Just because of this ongoing issue BlackBerry probably lost another few hundred thousand users.
    Mine is working as expected. Let's try not to derail the thread shall we??
    04-14-15 03:27 PM
    Mine is working as expected. Let's try not to derail the thread shall we??
    OP was asking specifically for cloud services access. Provided one in 10.3.1 is not good enough, hundreds of reports around from users with different devices. If you expect to wait about 10 seconds to open a directory, then yes - it works as expected for you. Click on OneDrive directory with about 500 files or many sub-directories in it. Go make a coffee, built-in File Manager will show the contents before you come back, eventually.
    04-14-15 03:50 PM
    I have no complaints about battery life. Getting 12-18h with normal use easily with one charge without any restrictions like saving mode. The issue is integrated in File Manager cloud services access. Works well on 10.2, broken on 10.3. Nothing to do with the phone. It's the same on all devices.
    I was addressing your point about Battery Saving Mode and your Z10 being slow.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 05:37 PM
    I was addressing your point about Battery Saving Mode and your Z10 being slow.
    Well... Z10 is in fact mid-2012 hardware device and it's slow compared to newer devices. I have two quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM and Adreno 320/330 GPU devices to compare it to. Nothing really cutting edge for 2015, but both are about 3X faster in everything.
    04-14-15 06:03 PM
    For task management, i use http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26348

It's the best thing I found and suits my needs very well. Customer service is awesome.

You can dispatch

It's not free but it worth every dollar.

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 06:17 PM
    From Amazon Spotify, Anytimer (pill reminder, it's not the best you can get out there, but doesn't sync the calendar and suits my needs). Sworkit lite and Dictionary. All I needed, I also have 1 mobile market just in case to keep an extra app store as needed, hardly have new apps though.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    04-14-15 07:23 PM
    Well... Z10 is in fact mid-2012 hardware device and it's slow compared to newer devices. I have two quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM and Adreno 320/330 GPU devices to compare it to. Nothing really cutting edge for 2015, but both are about 3X faster in everything.
    It's a mobile phone, there is not a lot of processing power required outside of a benchmark suite, the small difference is irrelevant.

I have frequent access to a Z30, S5 and Passport and the Z10 doesn't stand out as an inferior device on performance terms. I've performance tested software commercially and could be extremely picky over what we should expect from the device but my experience of the device is favourable, everything happens in good time (bug issues excluded). A comment repeatedly passed to me by Android and iPhone clad friends is that BlackBerry 10 is smooth.

Obviously I don't believe the Z10 has the specifications to be a suitable purchase on a two-year contract in 2015, I wouldn't touch the Leap unless I was given one for free.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 07:35 PM
    It's a mobile phone, there is not a lot of processing power required outside of a benchmark suite, the small difference is irrelevant.
    Different people have different expectations. 3 times faster hardware device is much smoother. On a daily basis I see big difference in Search speed, Browser rendering pages, moving around in Google Maps, loading end executing larger apps like Skype and Facebook, loading videos on Browser and YouTube, scanning media in my music player is faster, browsing picture gallery is faster, taking and editing pictures is much faster... everything. If you use Z10 only, you get used to it and adjust to it's speed. My current main device is Nexus 5. Z10 feels like very slow device after using Nexus 5 or similar hardware device... BlackBerry Passport, for example.

Let's end this discussion here. Wrong thread.
    04-14-15 07:57 PM
    Thank you all for stopping by and commenting.

Can anybody suggest anything to speed up cloud on BlackBerry Z10. If not today should I expect an improvement in coming updates.

04-14-15 11:37 PM
    Can anybody suggest anything to speed up cloud on BlackBerry Z10. If not today should I expect an improvement in coming updates
    Yes, CB members testing 10.3.2.x beta leak report cloud storage access is much improved. But don't expect to get an official 10.3.2.x update soon. Temporary workaround for now is to use corresponding Android apps, but you'll notice the shorter battery life. Dropbox Android app eats about 5-10% battery, according to Device Monitor. The other option is do downgrade to 10.2.x OS, if Dropbox service is important to you. This is my solution. I need fast access my files more than custom LED color notifications.
    04-14-15 11:48 PM
    Yes, CB members testing 10.3.2.x beta leak report cloud storage access is much improved. But don't expect to get an official 10.3.2.x update soon. Temporary workaround for now is to use corresponding Android apps, but you'll notice the shorter battery life. Dropbox Android app eats about 5-10% battery, according to Device Monitor. The other option is do downgrade to 10.2.x OS, if Dropbox service is important to you. This is my solution. I need fast access my files more than custom LED color notifications.
    Thanks for reply and I cannot find dropbox in Amazon Store secondly why BlackBerry use to have it integrated with file manager. I need a clean and fast dropbox like one available in IOS or Android

04-15-15 03:18 AM
30 12