So the first indication that this was happening was when hd wallpaper changer would close on me and the bar that showed my next calendar appointment(the super bar) would still show. Today, I closed out of the audio player and it still kept playing. I had to then reboot to get it to stop. After which, I kept seeing this non zero power usage in battery guru between 22-23 hours that kept increasing until it stopped suddenly:

Apps running in the background after closing-img_00000010.png

I have no android apps installed as I started out fresh yesterday. Any ideas?

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    oilgeo10 likes this.
    04-14-13 03:10 AM
    You're secretly running 10.1 beta and are rubbing it in our faces?
    04-14-13 06:06 AM
    I noticed this to with my Wallpaper HD app as well. The apps was not on my active panes, and the super bar was still displaying. But since I was not able to reproduce it, I thought it was just a fluke. If I could figure out the pattern then this could be useful.

It happened the one time for me when I restarted my phone with Wallpaper HD running, and when the phone came back up the super bar was still up.
    04-14-13 07:37 AM
    I wonder of there's a way to find what apps currently running like a task manager on Android. It could be why all these people are having battery drain problems!!

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    04-14-13 08:27 AM
    I wonder of there's a way to find what apps currently running like a task manager on Android. It could be why all these people are having battery drain problems!!

Posted via CB10
    At the moment, in theory the active frames serve that purpose. When the update comes out that allows headless apps I do hope they will add the feature you suggest.
    04-14-13 09:30 AM
    I've removed all Android ports from my device and my battery life has drastcally improved. Although I can't be certain that they were behind the drains I was experiencing (as I've also removed some native apps), I don't think Android apps behave in the same way as native apps. For one, on Andoid, even if you "close" an app, it can still run in the background until you close it with the task manager. On BlackBerry 10, the task manager is the Active Frames pane. Right now it's not possible to tell whether processes are running in the background.

Another thing that bugs me is the long-press to truly close an app. According to Michael Clewley (Director of Software Product Management at BlackBerry), long-pressing the X on an Active Frame is supposed to totally "kill" all app processes. Seemingly, we have two ways to close an app. So, what is still running when we just tap on the X? Is it possible that apps don't close completely upon just tapping the X?

Right now, I think (not really, I know it is) my biggest frustration with BlackBerry 10 is the current inablity to monitor background processes, data transfers, and battery taxations. We badly need something akin to Android's Task Manager or even the legacy BlackBerry OS's Application Switcher.
    04-16-13 03:21 PM
    This was right after a reformat and had no android apps installed. I haven't had this happen since. It was odd.
    04-16-13 03:39 PM
    This was right after a reformat and had no android apps installed. I haven't had this happen since. It was odd.
    I noticed this, myself, on my phone today. I think it has something to do with my school's Wifi network and AT&T's coverage here being spotty, but my battery was draining a bit more rapidly than normal, and I had barely used it today. And just like you, I've removed all Android apps from my phone and the only app that's continuously running (to my knowledge) as an Active Frame is Battery Guru.
    04-16-13 03:54 PM
    Seemingly, we have two ways to close an app. So, what is still running when we just tap on the X? Is it possible that apps don't close completely upon just tapping the X?
    For native apps (or rather anything but Android apps), if the app exits properly when you just tap X, then it is as thoroughly "gone" from memory as it is when you do the long-press on X. The long-press is a way of force-terminating an app which has not exited properly or which for whatever reason is unable to do so. Most of the time, most apps exit cleanly and doing the long-press is unnecessary and should have no additional effect.
    jdhooghe and FlashFlare11 like this.
    04-17-13 07:22 PM