Lol, I second that!!
    04-10-13 06:56 PM
    so..... im a power user and have no need for ANY of those apps..... glad to see those are your priorties
    Same here, in fact part of the reason I rooted and flashed a custom ROM onto my Android was to get rid of FB and Twitter completely

I want an app that allows me to control my car so if I forget my umbrella on a rainy day, I can remotely drive the car from the parking lot to the exit of my workplace. I'll pledge $1000 on kickstarter for that.
    04-10-13 06:56 PM
    Eh. I agree the app situation is dire and one of the biggest reasons for BlackBerry's position in the mobile world, but those apps are not necessarily priority. I do agree that Facebook and Twitter are half baked and need a proper update, though.

And no, convincing people that your web browser is all you need....well...I'm not sure if your trying to convince others or convince yourself that that is the successful route to take. Apps provide quick accessibility, and some, many features you won't find on a website. Anyway, with BlackBerry's recent struggles, I question how anyone could seriously doubt the importance of apps to the average mobile consumer. That's being as blind as Balsille, lazaridies and company 5 years ago. Fact is, whether you use it or not, people want to have choices.

Posted from my ZED10
    04-10-13 06:58 PM
    I use Facebook on my z10 and my I pod touch. The only difference I find is that I can't chat but other than that I have an identical experience.

Posted via Crackberry 17 from the year 2019
    04-10-13 06:59 PM
    Some apps Are needed, for some a browser is fine. Just depends.

I have every app I really need but I do hope other keep rolling in.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:03 PM
    App to succeed.. BBM and phone.

Yes they have those! Success!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:08 PM
    1. Ok maybe
    2. Never heard of it
    3. See 2

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    pels_17 likes this.
    04-10-13 07:11 PM
    Blackberry needs those apps, it seems you do, but you can not generalise that. The Facebook and Twitter apps are sufficient for me, and if not I can use the browser or sideload the Android versions. I sideloaded Snap Chat already. I've never heard of Vine...

If anything, I think it needs an official release of Skype and Instagram simply because that's what people expect and that's what reviewers are looking for. The apps you mentioned are not necessarily top choice for everyone, but they seem to be for you. Big difference.
    04-10-13 07:23 PM
    How about Blackberry Traffic, Blackberry Travel, The old Blackberry bridge. These are things I use and are not on Z10. Besides, In order for BB to compete in the "Other" non-BB world where people have gotten used to using apps, BB needs more. You cannot attract new users without them. Need to get more major companies dev. them for BB10 as well. The OP does have a point, there is the "other" non-BB world out there that we need on board BB10. I want BB to succeed just as much as everyone else. I cringe at the thought of just an Android and Apple world.
    04-10-13 07:25 PM
    I really only care about Vine. It's the best idea out there right now and it not even being available on android makes me worry about its availability on bb10

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:28 PM
    1. sideload the android apks
    2. sideload the android apk
    3. no idea what a vine app is
    04-10-13 07:37 PM

CAPABLE BROWSER > APPS

Posted via CB10
    If one through this again I'm going out of my manners

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:40 PM
    Vine is like instagram for videos. You can record 6 second videos and post them on a streaming wall with friends. The kicker is that the camera only records with your finger in the screen for however long it's on there for. So technically you could record a lot more than just 6 seconds worth of video if you cut it up correctly. It's really cool I would check out some YouTube videos. Last time I checked the app is called "Vine - Record a Scene"

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:42 PM
    App to succeed.. BBM and phone.

Yes they have those! Success!

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps this is the receipt for the success within the current blackberry users (that said, only a small portion of the current users will agree with you)
    When it comes to
    To gaining market share its the receip for a fast and short bankruptcy......

Posted via CB10
    ihyln likes this.
    04-10-13 07:44 PM
    1. sideload the android apks
    2. sideload the android apk
    3. no idea what a vine app is
    The op was talking able general public accessible apps. The options you offered are good but the point of the OP was that in order for bbry to succed it needs to be this apps available. I don't agree with the list of apps but i do think that there are certain apps that MUST BE available and need to be perfectly working. I have many friends who have the z10 (13 to be exact) and I'm the only one who knows about sideloading

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:49 PM
    The only App I need is the browser, on my home pc do I need a ebay app or a banking all or a pay pal app? No I use Internet explorer.

This browser is extremely capable, it plays music and continues to stream while minimized. Which other mobile device does that?

An app on the home screen is just a bookmark in the browser.

It sits there until you need it.

You can argue against this as much as you want.

CAPABLE BROWSER > APPS

Posted via CB10
    this is the exact reason why BlackBerry went down, too much belief that all you need is a browser not apps.
    BerryWizard and ihyln like this.
    04-10-13 07:54 PM
    lol... yes, I agree.

edit-- meaning we need a forum thread for app this - app that... app complaints in the guise of bugs versus feature tweeks.
    04-10-13 08:20 PM
    You must be a mental giant being able to identify songs you never heard of in commercials, tv shows, and on the radio! Gosh I wonder what it must feel like being so smart.
    It's great, you must try it sometime.

Sorry, had to, so funny, had a long day at work

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 08:51 PM
    Well, if you get out and advertise and sell some berry's, maybe we'd start seeing some more apps around here, impatient one >_<
    04-10-13 08:59 PM
    *insert sarcastic response thanking OP for this unique and completely necessary thread*
    04-10-13 09:48 PM
    the amount of people in denial here is too damn high
    pels_17, niss63 and ihyln like this.
    04-10-13 09:56 PM
    Don't bash the guy, I think what he's trying to say is we need some quality apps because we are seriously lacking in that department. Yes, some things you can do with the browser but what about the cool things? I am not the type of person to be on apps all day but a lot of my favorite apps are missing. Apps are just as important as the OS. Just look at Apple, their iPhone is inefficient yet it has maintained the crown because of the apps and quality ones at that.
    04-10-13 10:56 PM
    I thought an App was something a macintosh used.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:03 PM
    I dont use Facebook so couldnt care less about it.... Twitter...well I am stupidly running the native Twitter app, Ubersocial(side loaded) and Tweetcaster pro(side loaded) all my twitter stuff work differently but so far Tweetcaster is still my fave.

I actually side loaded this Snapchat thing.... have no idea what the heck it is so doesnt really make a big difference to me what this does.

the third one is iOS specific so bleh.... Id like to see Shazam be released for Z10 but its not a release or die app IMO.

3 apps I need (again I said I) would be Onavo Count, Onavo Extend and a great Call Blocking app. Other than that.... everything else is golden.

I really wish the Z10 could do my laundry though.... another one it should do is open up a temporal gate way to another dimension so I could travel to an alternate universe where a thread like this didnt exist. *bazinga*
    04-10-13 11:12 PM
    this is the exact reason why BlackBerry went down, too much belief that all you need is a browser not apps.
    No it isn't its not even a reason. You weren't even close, nice try. They never has a capable browser.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:15 PM
84 1234