BlackBerry has done pretty much every thing they can to get apps on the BB10 platform. The fact there are already 100,000 apps on a platform that has only been out just over two months speaks volumes for that. BlackBerry has put out a competitive product, they've given developers multiple tools to make the apps, and even allowed them the option to port their apps to BB10. However, BlackBerry can't hold a gun to a developers head and force them to develop for BB10. They can't be MS and just throw their limited money at them either. So right now we are in a waiting period until developers can be assured that BB10 will be a viable option for not just now, but the future.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-11-13 01:05 PM
    BlackBerry has done pretty much every thing they can to get apps on the BB10 platform. The fact there are already 100,000 apps on a platform that has only been out just over two months speaks volumes for that. BlackBerry has put out a competitive product, they've given developers multiple tools to make the apps, and even allowed them the option to port their apps to BB10. However, BlackBerry can't hold a gun to a developers head and force them to develop for BB10. They can't be MS and just throw their limited money at them either. So right now we are in a waiting period until developers can be assured that BB10 will be a viable option for not just now, but the future.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they could have not waited 2 years to put out a competitive phone? Aren't around 1/3 of those apps 2 year old (gingerbread) Android apps?
    04-11-13 01:11 PM
    There is a native twitter app and several third party ones on BlackBerry world.

There is a Facebook app as well. I can't say how good it is as I don't use Facebook.

I would like to see the native bloomberg, nasdaq, apps that do exist for old BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 01:35 PM
    I would like an app that transmits the temperature of my beef brisket in my big green egg to my Z10 while I'm out of the house.
    Let me know if you figure this out, I would like my BGE to baste my ribs via an app!
    04-11-13 01:40 PM
    BlackBerry will be fine. Patience, Patience, Patience.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 02:54 PM
    1- we need Kik
    2- we need instagram
    3- we need Keek

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:02 PM
    Lol@op wrapping the same tired old **** in the pretence of being an expert.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 03:11 PM
    Sorry, errant post.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by TBone4eva; 04-11-13 at 04:08 PM.
    04-11-13 03:42 PM
    Maybe they could have not waited 2 years to put out a competitive phone? Aren't around 1/3 of those apps 2 year old (gingerbread) Android apps?
    Can't change the past. How about we look forward and see the improvements that BlackBerry is making now? Also who cares about whether it is gingerbread or not? The apps are not 2 years old. What is important is that BlackBerry actively engages, works with developers, and gives multiple pathways towards developing apps. Kevin has told us that BlackBerry knows that apps matter and for BB10 to be successful they have to have the apps that most people want.

"How BlackBerry Picks Its Apps
    BlackBerry has an uphill climb ahead of it. Apple's iOS has more than 800,000 apps and Android has 700,000. Even Windows Phone passed the 100,000 mark long ago.
    To try to even the score, RIM is targeting the top 100-200 apps in terms of usage in each of the countries it serves, Mallick said. BlackBerry has teams in each country identifying apps and knocking on doors to try to get popular apps' developers to write for the platform, he said.
    "There are three components to it. One is the statistical analysis - month by month, who are the top downloads on competing platforms," he said. "The second one is looking at ComScore data to say, what are the brands and services that are getting attention? The third is what I call gut feel: they live in these markets, and can say hey, we know what we see."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414928,00.asp
    So give BlackBerry some credit, they are trying to make this platform succeed. It's not going to happen overnight.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:53 PM
84 ... 234