Hello,

I have noticed at all Built for Blackberry apps have application permission management options.
    Go to Settings-> Security and privacy-.>Application permissions.
    tap on any Built for Blackberry app and permissions like Contact access, phone, Email and PIN messages etc permissions could be granted to app or could be blocked.
    but for android sideloaded or android built app downloaded from BB world, Ex newly released VIBER does not allow any permission modification!!!

Do you really think any android side loaded .apk to .bar converted file could provide same privacy that BUILT FOR BLACKBERRY APP provides??
    Application permissions onn BB 10.2.1.2102-img_20140506_153208.pngApplication permissions onn BB 10.2.1.2102-img_20140506_153157.png
    05-06-14 05:08 AM
    One real issue for many of us with Android apps is the failure to offer privacy options. Those apps that do not work without allowing all permissions are deleted from my phone. Games do not need much in terms of permission to work so asking for more is not allowed by me. Not one of the apps I allow takes more permission than I am comfortable allowing.

Maybe if we as a consumer population continue to push for better settings they will come in time. May be only a small chance but still worth the effort.
    05-06-14 05:57 AM
    Do Blackberry should allow these kind of apps?
    Viber practically gives its user data away - GSMArena Blog
    05-06-14 06:09 AM
    Do Blackberry should allow these kind of apps?
    Viber practically gives its user data away - GSMArena Blog
    As long as the application vendor is up-front and clear about what kind of data it is collecting, and what they do with it, then yes BlackBerry will allow them. It is up to you to decide if you want to make that deal with the company. It is much like the GMail deal. The user gets free email, and Google gets to read that email so they can show you targeted advertising.

BlackBerry World employs two scanning technologies: BlackBerry Guardian and Trend Micro. If either of these technologies detect actions that are not properly disclosed to the user BlackBerry can (and has) pulled applications from BB World and notified people who have installed the applications.
    05-06-14 08:22 AM