01-20-14 12:42 PM
37 12
tools
    If you're a proud BlackBerry user, then you have probably heard "BlackBerry Sucks, BlackBerry's dead, and my favorite, isn't BlackBerry bankrupt"? Seriously, this is what people have come to believe. Most often hearing it from Iphone 4 and Iphone5 users who most of whom have never picked up a BB10 device. Obviously many Android users will have the same opinion, but Apple fans seem to take it to another level.
    Clearly BB is far from bankruptcy with 4+billion in cash, and FINALLY seem to have distinct leadership and perhaps some clear direction with Mr.Chen at the helm. Both the Z10 and Z30 just seem to be a beautiful experience, much better than most phones on the market today, but not many seem to know or care because the COMPANY is struggling.

We see reviews where the BlackBerry Z30 isn't even in the top 10 list, but an iphone is #1-3 on nearly every list? How is this possible? Is the Iphone5s really that good? Am I missing something because I'm a biased opinion? Is BlackBerry not on the list because of sales figures?
    Don't get me wrong, Apple is a global leader in nearly everything they touch, and build a great device, but C'mon this is just media at its finest. Reviews, colleagues, friends...seems to come from everywhere.

So what is your reaction to the BlackBerry hate most of us receive? Do you say nothing? Do you take a jab back? Do you flip out and bust out yelling!??

We all love our BB'S, so it's tough not to mention that fact when others question it. How do you think your BB10 device stands up to the competition?

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    GS51 and ziquewahid like this.
    01-18-14 02:13 AM
    BlackBerry Rocks, has for a long time...

Trusted Member Genius
    01-18-14 02:18 AM
    I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, but one has to admit that the Z10 doesn't stack up to the iPhone and GS4.

Don't get me wrong there are several things that I like better able my Z10, but overall it needs improvement. Apps are an issue as is the screen. The OS is getting there with each new update, but still isn't there yet.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    01-18-14 02:19 AM
    Apple users are much like BlackBerry users.. very loyal.

This isn't a bad thing but they do only see things through rose colored glasses much like we do.

The truth is all these phones are great now and it is truly personal preference at this point in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 02:26 AM
    Here we go again

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    eldricho, just_luc, sugbo and 2 others like this.
    01-18-14 02:26 AM
    I ignore comments such as that. But I am happy to discuss merits and failings of BB with someone that has calm and reasoned criticisms. I got into such a discussion about a year and half ago with a business associate. He dumped BB (was using a work issued 9650) and got a Galaxy S3. His criticism of BB was "you can't do anything with it". I guess he couldn't with an ancient 9650, other than messaging. So yeah I can see him not liking that at that point and I didn't try to defend it. He was correct in how he meant it. Bad web browser, small screen, etc.

I explained to him about BB10 and the coming phones. So lo and behold last time I saw him he had dumped his Galaxy S3 for a Z10. Said "I didn't need all that crap on that phone".
    01-18-14 02:32 AM
    Marketing! I do like my daughters S4 , it is pretty good but any iphone from 4 ,.4s ,5 and ipad air are nothing special. Having to go in and out of apps constantly is frustrating after using BB10 gestures. Retina display? Really? I hear this parrotted a lot by people but they have no idea what it means. There will be a swing to other phones at some point. Actually the smart phone market has about another year before saturation hits and prices start to drop. Both Apple and Samsung have way more skin in the game and will no doubt have trouble adjusting to lower sales volumes. Tablets could continue to sell well. Iam very happy with my BB and think that it is as good as any OS out there at this point. The app thing will probably always be an issue but try to find anything in any of the app stores given the huge number of apps. It is almost a joke now the whole number of apps thing now.
    01-18-14 02:33 AM
    Yeahh, several times...
    A big one, hehe - Find my iPhone is original. BB Protect is a copy of it
    Or: Apple got a 'fantastic' future- camera roll- lol, for me thats just a folder maker, but ok, for someone thats a better future and its apple's camera roll, so it's 'fantastic'

Or another one-
    a friend of mine, a google apps reseller, was telling me that BB is dead, ok but he also think that google is 'NSA safe' because google is certificated
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 01-18-14 at 03:40 AM.
    01-18-14 03:09 AM
    Apple products looks nice but i hate itunes and ios 7 is like android and using it both is like moving backwards and that's why I stick with BB10.

When i used the Z10 for 10 months and my wife needed a new phone everyone was telling me to buy iphone 5S but I tried it and it's feels old in use but it's more colorfull than android or Blackberry 10 but I need i phone to get things done and Blackberry 10 is easier and quicker in use and the keyboard is much better. The Hub makes my life also easier. I also hate itunes from my first apple 3G phone wchich i used a few days so that all in mind I just bought my second blackberry 10 phone the Blackberry Z30.

O and I don't care about apps like tv remote or new apps which are fine in the browser. All apps I wanted are in the blackberry store.
    01-18-14 03:10 AM
    Blackberry should make cheaper phone with nice specifications like nexus 5. If Google could do it then blackberry could too.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:33 AM
    Blackberry should make cheaper phone with nice specifications like nexus 5. If Google could do it then blackberry could too.

Posted via CB10
    Google gives those phones away because they make their money by tracking users and collecting data.

In fact BlackBerry could not do that. BlackBerry's business model is almost the opposite of Google's; BlackBerry makes its money by protecting users' data.

As for Apple users disrespecting BlackBerry, I really don't care, and I let them know in no uncertain terms that I think their phones suck and that they're brainwashed by slick marketing. I do this in a playful way, of course. These are my friends, after all. If some stranger ever rididiculed me for my phone, I would laugh at them and say something to make them feel stupid.

Interestingly, as my Apple using friends and colleagues see more of my Z10, they are starting to admit defeat.
    Last edited by BobWalker; 01-18-14 at 08:39 AM. Reason: stay on topic
    jrohland likes this.
    01-18-14 08:32 AM
    Apple users never touched a Z10. I switched from Iphone to Z10 as soon as it came available in my country. And never looked back. Iphone? No thanks. Z10 is for really busy people and they are a minority in this world. Love my Mugen powered Z10!!
    01-18-14 08:46 AM
    I hear that a lot. Whenever some one tries to prove his/her iPhone is the best, I just nod my head and carry on...I've got better things to do than squabble over mobile phones.

Nowadays, phones have become a fashion accessory, rather than a means to communicate. At the end of the day, I want my phone to work when I need it.

I bought the BlackBerry because I like it and am most comfortable using it. It satisfies all my needs. If the iPhone suits a person's needs, good for him/her, but bashing BlackBerry because it "suxs" or isn't "cool enough" shows how juvenile hr/she is. No point in wasting time with them.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:48 AM
    The other phones have a ton of apps that make them able to do much more than a BB10 device can at the moment. These apps are not just games, but they are movies, messaging, and business productivity apps. BlackBerry's current only superior aspect compared to the competition is the FIPS and security credentials, which the majority of the market doesn't care about. Plus why would anyone think BlackBerry is alive? What advertising or brand awareness are they doing? People see iPhone, Android and Windows Phone advertising all the time, BlackBerry does nothing.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-18-14 10:36 AM
    Well, as a BB10 user: Apple Sucks!

Posted via CB10
    nt300 and amit_rao90 like this.
    01-18-14 10:50 AM
    I don't get grief from my Android toting friends. I do get grief from Apple users. What I will do is subtly point things out that my phone can do that the iPhone cannot.

Such as posting a photo of the Smart NFC Tag in my car and when asked how can they get one, I say iPhone doesn't have NFC. Or show my Storymaker video and when asked say it is a BlackBerry thing.

Educate, educate, educate....

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10 with 1925
    01-18-14 12:06 PM
    Yeah like I'm going to trust a companies operating system with my personal information when it religiously gets hacked a few months after initial released

-Yar I be a pirate because according to Phil & Co. Over at Android Central I run 10.2.1 and I sideload
    01-18-14 12:31 PM
    I just laugh and smirk.

I don't even bother responding. Waste of time and breath

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:51 PM
    I hear it at work everyday. I just simply avoid the comments.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:34 PM
    This I exactly what makes them so stupid...picking on people that made a different choice. You only do this if you're stupid..
    I personally don't give a flying f... what other people bought. It is as important as if in China a sack of rice flips over...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:06 PM
    It doesn't matter on how good it is at being a phone, it matters of how well a fart app works!

Lol jk about the fart app part, but there are a lot of apps people want that aren't on BB10, and that can make the phone useless for most people. That's a big reason why BlackBerry struggles to score high in the charts.

It's all about the apps these days...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    01-18-14 05:09 PM
    It doesn't matter on how good it is at being a phone, it matters of how well a fart app works!

Lol jk about the fart app part, but there are a lot of apps people want that aren't on BB10, and that can make the phone useless for most people. That's a big reason why BlackBerry struggles to score high in the charts.

It's all about the apps these days...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Have never understood the App argument myself. I have 50+ apps on my Z10 and use about 10 of them. Sure more applications are necessary to compete, but I want a quality phone with easy access to email, messaging and multitasking first. Sadly, some people buy a phone because of 1 or 2 apps.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    01-18-14 05:54 PM
    I very rarely hear that. When I do, I usually ignore it or I just say "Why?" and let them stumble over themselves trying to figure out why they believe that.
    01-18-14 06:53 PM
    The real problems still lie in virtually non existing marketing.

The fact is this - most consumers don't even know BlackBerry builds a current full touch screen phone. You can't blame the consumer for not knowing this. That fault lies squarely with BlackBerry's lack of marketing.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    beamolite likes this.
    01-18-14 08:45 PM
    Been a BlackBerry user for years. Because of peer pressure, I switched to iPhone 5s. Two months later, I am using the Z10. There is nothing special about the 5s, but the apps. There is nothing the 5s can do that the z10 cannot do. So let the media fed iPhone users speak their mind, cos they have never held a bb10 device. After all, everyone is loyal to their base.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:28 PM
37 12