Someone had to say it.

OK, people, look away now. This could be the most depressing post of all time:

APPLE:No innovation since Steve Jobs left the planet. Not cool anymore. Market share declining fast as Android devices gobble it up. iOS7 will not create the same buzz as before despite pictures of people camping out for it. New hardware sales disappoint stock market. As the cool has gone, customers become less forgiving to 'little' errors in the new phone such as the fact that it is awful at making phone calls.

SAMSUNG: SG4 has been a flop in the context of what the stock market expected sales to be. Despite rising Android market share Samsung legacy owners cling to their older products as there is no reason to upgrade to the new phone. Samsung need new hardware sales as market expectations are high due to past performance and drop support to older versions of Android in an attempt to get users to upgrade. Users begin to rebel as it dawns on them that the build quality is a bit ropey anyway PLUS their warranty policy is very annoying! The cool factor that Samsung has inherited from the iPhone disappears as quickly as it came.

HTC: Losing out big time to Samsung in the Android world. Make great phones but they are old hat and no one seems to want to buy them. Sales nowhere near stock market expectations. Latest model a flop as HTC innovation is constricted by Android OS because the OS has become so unwieldy it really doesn't matter what hardware goes in, it just won't work properly anymore and the public won't wear it.

WINDOWS: Market share appalling despite everything Microsoft do to try and prop it up. Can't even squeeze past poor old Blackberry, for God's sake. Microsoft have really had enough and pull out leaving Nokia to go it alone which they have really struggled with in the past.

All these scenarios are most definitely possible in the next 6 months, though also very improbable. So, for all you naysayers saying why buy a Blackberry today, why buy anything else? After all, we're all doomed, aren't we?
    08-23-13 04:08 PM
    Dude. You're pretty stupid to think they are all doomed. They clearly are not. Samsung, MS and apple have the resources and money to fix themselves up. Not sure about HTC. But I wouldn't go far as saying they are all doomed
    helio9965, Etios, boi2012 and 4 others like this.
    08-23-13 04:23 PM
    So true!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 04:24 PM
    Dude. You're pretty stupid to think they are all doomed. They clearly are not. Samsung, MS and apple have the resources and money to fix themselves up. Not sure about HTC. But I wouldn't go far as saying they are all doomed
    Er... I think you need to read right to the bottom paragraph...
    08-23-13 04:26 PM
    "why buy a Blackberry today, why buy anything else?"

because all other platforms have an ecosystem and didn't put up a for sale sign, and despite slowing down their future still look brighter than BB's future

+ if any of these companies would go down, BB would be the first to go, so it's only logical to choose phones from other platforms
    Last edited by Eric Ton; 08-23-13 at 04:42 PM.
    bekkay and Etios like this.
    08-23-13 04:26 PM

because all other platforms have an ecosystem and didn't put up a for sale sign, and despite slowing down their future still look brighter than BB's future
    Where is this For Sale sign you speak of? Have I missed something? And so what if they have? If Apple changed ownership (which is all a sale is) would iPhone or Samsung users be pictured throwing their phone in a skip because they stopped working overnight?

No.

And, as for the ecosystem, why do we keep seeing decent apps appearing in Blackberry World? Granted, it's not perfect by a long chalk, and you might not yet have the one you personally want, but they keep on coming. Not bad for a 6 month old OS which has been upgraded 4 times in my (UK) experience and is about to be upgraded again.

And, if the company is knackered, why do they keep holding these events, all over the world, like Blackberry Jam? Surely they should be cracking down on ALL costs in an attempt to fatten the company up for sale? If you're not going to support the platform in the end, let's save the money!
    R Field and robkd like this.
    08-23-13 04:36 PM
    Read the whole thread guys
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    08-23-13 04:40 PM

+ if any of these companies would go down, BB would be the first to go, so it's only logical to choose phones from other platforms
    That's the point. NONE of them 'would go down', they'd be bought by someone else (like Nokia or Motorola). NO ONE'S phone would stop working. NOT ONE CARRIER would stop supporting their customers.
    robkd likes this.
    08-23-13 04:50 PM
    Long Live BB. I'm here until they lock the door and turn out the lights. Love my Z10 and i cant wait for 10.2.
    08-23-13 04:55 PM
    oh my not another one here we go suggestion

DELETE THIS THREAD
    bigglybobblyboo likes this.
    08-23-13 04:57 PM
    That's the point. NONE of them 'would go down', they'd be bought by someone else (like Nokia or Motorola). NO ONE'S phone would stop working. NOT ONE CARRIER would stop supporting their customers.
    you'll still be left with a basic smartphone, make phone calls, emails, text, no Netflix, not able to deposit check through the phone, no popular social network apps, US customers would be lucky to get 10.2 (who knows it might be the last update) before iPhone users get iOS7, too much chance for consumers to risk, they would be missing out using a Z10
    08-23-13 04:58 PM
    I'm taking a wild guess from that reply that you don't own a Z10. 'No popular social network apps'.

Oh dear.
    08-23-13 05:01 PM
    I'm taking a wild guess from that reply that you don't own a Z10. 'No popular social network apps'.

Oh dear.
    My bad, I almost forgot, "it's tool (questionable), not toy."
    08-23-13 05:12 PM
    Nope, 'your bad' was to assume something that isn't true.

Tell you what, order one, have a crack, return it on day 14 and then tell us what you think.
    robkd and DoktorFace like this.
    08-23-13 05:18 PM
    Your right but maybe for the wrong reasons. The truth is China Inc is going to dump $150 (or less) off contract Android phones on the market. People are going to realize those things work as well as other phones and run all those Android apps. Google provides the ecosystem (so the phone makers don't have to) and makes a tonne of money off all that personal data.

Apple will be hurt worse. They can't run that huge IT infrastructure when they can't sell millions of phones. All those small Android phone makers will get creamed. Windows Phone might find enough Android haters to stay in the mobile market. Same with BB. BB might win a bit since it has a solid OS and best in class security. Plus it wins with all those Android apps. That is a problem for WP8.

Samsung will be able to stay around but at greatly reduced margins.
    08-23-13 05:20 PM
    Your right but maybe for the wrong reasons. The truth is China Inc is going to dump $150 (or less) off contract Android phones on the market. People are going to realize those things work as well as other phones and run all those Android apps. Google provides the ecosystem (so the phone makers don't have to) and makes a tonne of money off all that personal data.

Apple will be hurt worse. They can't run that huge IT infrastructure when they can't sell millions of phones. All those small Android phone makers will get creamed. Windows Phone might find enough Android haters to stay in the mobile market. Same with BB. BB might win a bit since it has a solid OS and best in class security. Plus it wins with all those Android apps. That is a problem for WP8.

Samsung will be able to stay around but at greatly reduced margins.
    I agree, the point of the OP was to show how the mobile world is not very rosy for everyone right now, not just BB. Things seem to be a bit stagnant, as if all the major players are almost avoiding taking the market by storm.

In our case Blackberry have created the product but not the marketing to match. Apple are trying to create the product to match their marketing and Samsung aren't daft, they may have sold tons more SG4's than Blackberry has done BB10 but it's still way below expectations.

This market is crying out for someone to grab it!
    08-23-13 05:27 PM
    BlackBerry will be doing well because it's products are different; who has the best security? who has the best physical keyboard? Who has the best intuitive virtual keyboard? Who has the awesome features like red flashlight to indicate mail arrived?

BlackBerry! Only BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    robkd and bigglybobblyboo like this.
    08-23-13 05:56 PM
    Good thread.... it drives the point home how the media can be spun

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    robkd and bigglybobblyboo like this.
    08-23-13 06:09 PM
    I agree, the point of the OP was to show how the mobile world is not very rosy for everyone right now, not just BB. Things seem to be a bit stagnant, as if all the major players are almost avoiding taking the market by storm.

In our case Blackberry have created the product but not the marketing to match. Apple are trying to create the product to match their marketing and Samsung aren't daft, they may have sold tons more SG4's than Blackberry has done BB10 but it's still way below expectations.

This market is crying out for someone to grab it!
    Samsung earnings were 6% below analysts expectations with nearly $7 billion profits. 6% is way below? Even 10% is not way below
    08-23-13 06:39 PM
    So all these 4 platforms fail and we're back in 2006 when BlackBerry was the top smartphone. Email anyone?
    bekkay likes this.
    08-23-13 06:41 PM
    It would be nice if Blackberry could come back in 1st place. But they suck and will never make it. JK, I love my Blackberry so much and a few teachers like my phone i use. I showed them how useful it is and They tried it and they all love it.
    08-23-13 06:49 PM
    i have to agree with your statement
    08-23-13 06:57 PM
    The smartphone market is super saturated everyone and their grandma has one.
    08-23-13 07:15 PM
    Someone had to say it.

OK, people, look away now. This could be the most depressing post of all time:

APPLE:No innovation since Steve Jobs left the planet. Not cool anymore. Market share declining fast as Android devices gobble it up. iOS7 will not create the same buzz as before despite pictures of people camping out for it. New hardware sales disappoint stock market. As the cool has gone, customers become less forgiving to 'little' errors in the new phone such as the fact that it is awful at making phone calls.

SAMSUNG: SG4 has been a flop in the context of what the stock market expected sales to be. Despite rising Android market share Samsung legacy owners cling to their older products as there is no reason to upgrade to the new phone. Samsung need new hardware sales as market expectations are high due to past performance and drop support to older versions of Android in an attempt to get users to upgrade. Users begin to rebel as it dawns on them that the build quality is a bit ropey anyway PLUS their warranty policy is very annoying! The cool factor that Samsung has inherited from the iPhone disappears as quickly as it came.

HTC: Losing out big time to Samsung in the Android world. Make great phones but they are old hat and no one seems to want to buy them. Sales nowhere near stock market expectations. Latest model a flop as HTC innovation is constricted by Android OS because the OS has become so unwieldy it really doesn't matter what hardware goes in, it just won't work properly anymore and the public won't wear it.

WINDOWS: Market share appalling despite everything Microsoft do to try and prop it up. Can't even squeeze past poor old Blackberry, for God's sake. Microsoft have really had enough and pull out leaving Nokia to go it alone which they have really struggled with in the past.

All these scenarios are most definitely possible in the next 6 months, though also very improbable. So, for all you naysayers saying why buy a Blackberry today, why buy anything else? After all, we're all doomed, aren't we?
    Sept 10 is the date of the new iphone and guess what in the first weekend of its release it will sell more than the z10, q10, and q5 together sell in a year...call that doomed..
    08-23-13 07:38 PM
    Sept 10 is the date of the new iphone and guess what in the first weekend of its release it will sell more than the z10, q10, and q5 together sell in a year...call that doomed..
    I doubt. IPHONE is not cool any more and can not keep selling well forever.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 08:16 PM
52 123