04-16-13 07:44 PM
70 123
tools
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/45696...ors-specs.html

New iPhone 6, 5S Concept Ditch Home Button for Touchpad?

A new concept image of the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S showed without its iconic home button.

This concept is from the collaboration between Nowhereelse.fr's Steve Hemerstoffer and designer Martin Hajek that delivers an intriguing look at what a future iPhone might look like.

One design element that has defined the iPhone is its home button, but this component has been criticized by some for taking up too much space at the bottom of the handset and preventing Apple from using a larger screen on the smartphone to compete with the large-screened competition from Android handsets.

There have been some proposed alternatives to the front-positioned home button in some fan designs, including shifting it to the sides of the handset. However, the new fan concept takes a different approach by using technology similar to a trackpad on the front side of the phone. Instead of clicking a home button, a user would simply click on the entire screen, MacBook-style.

That aside, the concept also features an anodized aluminum chassis that has a nice curvature on the back, while coming in multiple sizes.

Some of the rumoured features of the next iPhone are Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.

The low cost iPhone 5S, on the other hand, is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.

As usual, Apple did not comment on the rumours about iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Tuborgmann likes this.
    04-14-13 11:44 PM
    Looks like a Samsung Galaxy S III...
    04-14-13 11:49 PM
    Doesn't BlackBerry have the click able screen patent?

Posted from my Zed10!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-14-13 11:49 PM
    It's a concept and nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 11:50 PM
    it's other people concept, not apple concept.. not important news.. useless..

Posted via CB10
    robitaille93 and schmeat like this.
    04-14-13 11:55 PM
    How longer can the iPhone screen get? It'll start to look like a sword soon...

BTW: the home key on my old iPhone 4 kept on being unresponsive. I was happy to see that the Z10 had no home key.

Posted via CB10
    theclipart and IqWaN like this.
    04-15-13 12:37 AM
    Sounds like a storm to me

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    04-15-13 12:40 AM
    Sweet, Apple is being innovative...again.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:46 AM
    It's ok. Apple just catching up. Soon they will remove home key. Wonder where I've seen that before? Hmm wasn't android.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:07 AM
    This is not Apple's concept, its from some outside folks.

The thread title is misleading....
    Masahiro likes this.
    04-15-13 09:14 AM
    Apple may not be innovating a whole lot right now when it comes to software and iOS but they have always been pushing the boundaries when it comes to industrial design. There is no way the next major iphone redesign would look anything like that since that looks almost exactly the same as the new HTC One.

HTC One is an awesome looking phone. Hate to say it, but despite the resemblance between it and our Z10's, I wish the Z10 looked like that with the all aluminum construction.

Apple going at it again stealing a z10 feature-htc-one_silver_3v.jpg

Posted via CB10
    ihys, Rello and shief24 like this.
    04-15-13 09:59 AM
    Sweet, Apple is being innovative...again.

Posted via CB10
    Like they always are of course!

Love sarcasm

Just a concept though.

Wonder when a company will sue Apple and be successful, just like when they sued Samsung? Hmm..

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:23 AM
    HTC One is an awesome looking phone. Hate to say it, but despite the resemblance between it and our Z10's, I wish the Z10 looked like that with the all aluminum construction.
    Posted via CB10
    I'm sure some would love the HTC One. I might like it as well if they had a black version with a grippy back cover so it doesn't feel like it will slide right out of my hand like my wife's S3.

So I think it all depends on the person. Some people care about aluminum and smoothness, etc. I'm just glad the Z10 came in black and has a grippy back material.

But I do agree with the camera being in the middle, but that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:36 AM

BTW: the home key on my old iPhone 4 kept on being unresponsive. I was happy to see that the Z10 had no home key.

Posted via CB10
    I can see Apple "innovating" the iphone lightsaber!

"No longer will you need to swipe across screens for your apps, they are ALL ON THE SAME PAGE!!"

... the sad thing is the crowd would go "oooooooooh, aaaahhhhhhhh. what a brilliant IDEA!"
    Chrisd534 likes this.
    04-15-13 10:47 AM
    stealing a z10 feature?
    really?

everyone adapts, didn't BlackBerry adapt to the iphone market by trying to implement a full touchscreen a while back? say the storm?

dont see what the fuss is about
    it's all part of the process

the fanboyism isn't appealing on the forums anymore
    04-15-13 10:53 AM
    too little too late...
    .pinkberry likes this.
    04-15-13 10:59 AM
    As an ex iPhone user 3+ years with ios, id have to say that would be the worst looking iPhone yet if that is for real. But I don't think it is.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:16 AM
    Apple may not be innovating a whole lot right now when it comes to software and iOS but they have always been pushing the boundaries when it comes to industrial design. There is no way the next major iphone redesign would look anything like that since that looks almost exactly the same as the new HTC One.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTC One_Silver_3V.jpg 
Views:	1585 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	151440

Posted via CB10
    U like the iPhone build, the HTC One no so much, looks like they were trying to hard with that phone though I do think it is the nicest of android devices

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:19 AM
    It's a concept and nothing more.

Posted via CB10

Yeppers, but what if apple did this, then the isheep will stay with the apple instead of the berry.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-15-13 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    http://rack.1.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyM...maWxl/4875b048
    http://www.sinime.com/images/iphone10.jpgApple going at it again stealing a z10 feature-iphone10.jpg
    04-15-13 11:21 AM
    Yeppers, but what if apple did this, then the isheep will stay with the apple instead of the berry.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    The world is full of what ifs. To spend time speculating upon them is an exercise in futility

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:24 AM
    That's pretty funny, just need the scabbard for it.
    04-15-13 11:48 AM
    Micro sim
    Zomg it comes in white
    Full touch screen
    Apps!
    Html5 is the best

Wasn't too long along these things did not apply to blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:52 AM
    Why are people bashing Apple based on concepts from those who don't even work for the company?

And what has Apple copied from the Z10? If they made their next phone plastic, would that be considered a "going at it again"? :rolled eyes:
    taz323, lsf222 and m1a1mg like this.
    04-15-13 12:24 PM
    When you are on top everyone is gunning for you. Apple users are stupid. They steal. They are only on top because of marketing. When apple losses its top spot the next guy will have the same criticism

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:58 PM
70 123