When you are on top everyone is gunning for you. Apple users are stupid. They steal. They are only on top because of marketing. When apple losses its top spot the next guy will have the same criticism

Posted via CB10
    Keep telling yourself that. Also, Apple has already lost the top spot. Apple invented how we look at smartphones today and that is undeniable. There is nothing that can't be done on an iPhone and that's why it's going to be the crown jewel for the foreseeable future.
    04-15-13 01:12 PM
    I wish Blackberry would have "stole" someone's ideas a long time ago and maybe they wouldn't be in this shape. You do realize that Blackberry didn't invent the touchpad right? Nokia was using it for years before Blackberry started using them.
    taz323 likes this.
    04-15-13 01:19 PM
    New iPhone 6, 5S Concept Ditch Home Button for Touchpad? - International Business Times

New iPhone 6, 5S Concept Ditch Home Button for Touchpad?

A new concept image of the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S showed without its iconic home button.

This concept is from the collaboration between Nowhereelse.fr's Steve Hemerstoffer and designer Martin Hajek that delivers an intriguing look at what a future iPhone might look like.

One design element that has defined the iPhone is its home button, but this component has been criticized by some for taking up too much space at the bottom of the handset and preventing Apple from using a larger screen on the smartphone to compete with the large-screened competition from Android handsets.

There have been some proposed alternatives to the front-positioned home button in some fan designs, including shifting it to the sides of the handset. However, the new fan concept takes a different approach by using technology similar to a trackpad on the front side of the phone. Instead of clicking a home button, a user would simply click on the entire screen, MacBook-style.

That aside, the concept also features an anodized aluminum chassis that has a nice curvature on the back, while coming in multiple sizes.

Some of the rumoured features of the next iPhone are Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.

The low cost iPhone 5S, on the other hand, is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.

As usual, Apple did not comment on the rumours about iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Good grief! Some of you people will go to the end of the earth for Blackberry. NO ONE knows what the new iPhone 6 is going to be like. Just a rumor and you are jumping on it! LOL! TOO FUNNY!

Apple does not need to copy Blackberry!
    04-15-13 01:37 PM
    04-15-13 01:37 PM
    That's pretty funny, just need the scabbard for it.
    At least Apple knows they will be around for a iPhone 10!

How longer can the iPhone screen get? It'll start to look like a sword soon...

BTW: the home key on my old iPhone 4 kept on being unresponsive. I was happy to see that the Z10 had no home key.

Posted via CB10
    But Apple will replace your phone and take responcibility for the fault. All five of our 9900 units died in their sleep and RIM acted like they never saw anything like it before! LOL!
    04-15-13 01:43 PM

Someone had to post it.

BerryWizard likes this.
    04-15-13 01:56 PM
    At least Apple knows they will be around for a iPhone 10!

But Apple will replace your phone and take responcibility for the fault. All five of our 9900 units died in their sleep and RIM acted like they never saw anything like it before! LOL!
    I wish this was the case.

The first apple store told me of a fix where I had to do some funky unofficial steps to fix it, it fixed it for a day and became unresponsive again. Tried it again and didn't work. Found out on the net it was a hit or miss fix.

Went to another Apple store and they told me it wasn't a hardware issue but a software issue (I factory defaulted the phone to prove it wasn't a setting or app).

Third Apple store finally told me this is now a well known issue with the faulty home button, but I was out of warranty so it would cost me.

So when my wife bought me an unlocked Z10, I think one of her thoughts was that it had no physical home key.

Posted via CB10
    Andrew4life likes this.
    04-15-13 01:59 PM
    http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/45696...ors-specs.html

New iPhone 6, 5S Concept Ditch Home Button for Touchpad?

A new concept image of the upcoming iPhone 6 and iPhone 5S showed without its iconic home button.

This concept is from the collaboration between Nowhereelse.fr's Steve Hemerstoffer and designer Martin Hajek that delivers an intriguing look at what a future iPhone might look like.

One design element that has defined the iPhone is its home button, but this component has been criticized by some for taking up too much space at the bottom of the handset and preventing Apple from using a larger screen on the smartphone to compete with the large-screened competition from Android handsets.

There have been some proposed alternatives to the front-positioned home button in some fan designs, including shifting it to the sides of the handset. However, the new fan concept takes a different approach by using technology similar to a trackpad on the front side of the phone. Instead of clicking a home button, a user would simply click on the entire screen, MacBook-style.

That aside, the concept also features an anodized aluminum chassis that has a nice curvature on the back, while coming in multiple sizes.

Some of the rumoured features of the next iPhone are Retina or IGZO screen display, A7 quad core chip processor, iOS 7, 128GB internal storage, 13 mega-pixel camera, and longer battery life. The lack of NFC support on the iPhone 5 was one of the biggest criticisms aimed at Apple's smartphone.

The low cost iPhone 5S, on the other hand, is rumoured to sport a plastic casing, 4-inch screen display, dual core processor and 8-megapixel camera.

As usual, Apple did not comment on the rumours about iPhone 6 or iPhone 5S

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    Nice try.
    ddlax22 likes this.
    04-15-13 02:26 PM
    Good grief! Some of you people will go to the end of the earth for Blackberry. NO ONE knows what the new iPhone 6 is going to be like. Just a rumor and you are jumping on it! LOL! TOO FUNNY!

Apple does not need to copy Blackberry!
    Nobody knows but when theres a lot of speculations going on about it, it could be possible and I love apple I've had every single iphone till I git my z10 and yes apple does they are running out of ideas for iphone that's why they are making a cheap iphone so more people can be holding the iphone

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    04-15-13 11:37 PM
    Like they always are of course!

Love sarcasm

Just a concept though.

Wonder when a company will sue Apple and be successful, just like when they sued Samsung? Hmm..

Posted via CB10
    You are aware that Samsung is suing Apple as well?
    04-16-13 12:09 AM
    Keep telling yourself that. Also, Apple has already lost the top spot. Apple invented how we look at smartphones today and that is undeniable. There is nothing that can't be done on an iPhone and that's why it's going to be the crown jewel for the foreseeable future.
    There is some truth to that, I won't deny that Apple marketing won the day to win that spot. But people forget that there were other full touchscreen phones that came out before the first iPhone.

Some notables are the LG Prada with the first capacitive touchscreen for the mobile phone and was released one month before the first iPhone. The Samsung F700 came out 6 months before the first iPhone. It had touch screen as well as a keybaord slider.

But history will show that Apple had the better marketing and UI.
    04-16-13 12:14 AM
    Apple may not be innovating a whole lot right now when it comes to software and iOS but they have always been pushing the boundaries when it comes to industrial design. There is no way the next major iphone redesign would look anything like that since that looks almost exactly the same as the new HTC One.

HTC One is an awesome looking phone. Hate to say it, but despite the resemblance between it and our Z10's, I wish the Z10 looked like that with the all aluminum construction.

Attachment 151440

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't the aluminum scratch easy. Good look, but not durable.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-16-13 12:24 AM
    Nobody knows but when theres a lot of speculations going on about it, it could be possible and I love apple I've had every single iphone till I git my z10 and yes apple does they are running out of ideas for iphone that's why they are making a cheap iphone so more people can be holding the iphone

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    There's a lot of speculation going on around B.B. too. Do you treat that as truth also?
    04-16-13 04:52 AM
    If it is out of warranty it is out of warranty! Do not feel you are entitled and either pay to get it fixed, buy a new phone or live with it! I had five 9900 phones brick one by one and Blackberry did NOTHING! They would not even admit that there was a problem. I am not the only one and this is WHY Blackberry is having trouble getting people interested in their new phones.
    04-16-13 05:00 AM
    "Apple going at it AGAIN stealing a z10 feature"

which feature did they "steal" before?
    04-16-13 06:06 AM
    Seriously folks, no need to create a pinata of Apple and beat the crap out of it. Hate the company if it's unethical towards it's employees or supporting some social and political agenda that suppress human rights. Don't hate because of the devices it manufactured. That you can do by not buying the product.
    04-16-13 07:22 AM

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    So you start a post stating that Apple is stealing based on a concept design done by someone that has no affiliation with Apple ?

Perfect example of why one should have to take an intelligence test before practicing their first amendment rights.
    Chris Marsch and m1a1mg like this.
    04-16-13 07:24 AM
    When you are on top everyone is gunning for you. Apple users are stupid. They steal. They are only on top because of marketing. When apple losses its top spot the next guy will have the same criticism

Posted via CB10
    "Apple users are stupid". Sigh. Apple isn't on top because of marketing. They are on top because the iPhone is a solid product that works well and is easy to use.

Apple is doing well because in 2009, Apple arguably created the best touchscreen smartphone in the iPhone 3GS and followed it up in 2010 with the iPhone 4 which had the best display and best camera at the time of release. It took over a year for Android powered phones to catch up and Blackberry caught up 3 months ago.

This is why I am so high on Blackberry - the first 2 iPhones werent that great. The OG iPhone lacked a ton of features at launch (3G/cut&paste,etc.) and the iPhone 3G was SLOW. The 3GS was the first really good iPhone. It took Samsung a while to get its Galaxy phones right as well. The SGS phones have issues (GPS) that were never fixed. The SGS2 was a lot better.

The Blackberry Z10 is a very good phone - almost all of its issues are firmware related. That means the second and third iteration of this phone could be incredible.
    04-16-13 07:55 AM
    That's pretty funny, just need the scabbard for it.
    LMAO!! Looks like a freakin remote control.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-16-13 08:00 AM
    Some of the posts in this thread made me facepalm.

Read the thread, Read the sources, Stop and think about it logically then post.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-16-13 08:44 AM
    Let's get mad when people bash BB then turnaround and bash another great product.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:54 AM
    Calm your horses, folks. It's just people having fun in a forum.

We know it's a rumor, we know it's from other sources.

This is a forum for discussing things, I see no harm in discussing, speculating, ribbing, etc. this topic in a forum.

Like every discussion, there will be some who take the ribbing too far, and it's more hatred then just dissing. But you will find that in any thread in any forum.

I'm pretty sure there is discussions in the Apple forum dissing and ribbing the Z10 as well. It's all in good jest, not the end of the world.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:18 AM
    I don't think Apple will remove the home button anytime soon

CB10 on Verizon Z10
    04-16-13 11:28 AM
    ... Apple users are stupid....
    Posted via CB10
    Let it me say the Verizon way:

"After the first 14 days, the stupidness of the Z10 buyers has been in line with buyers of similar devices we've launched," said Debra Lewis, a spokeswoman for Verizon Wireless".

;-)
    04-16-13 11:32 AM
    Aw that a pretty picture of a silver blackberry Z10 lol

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:37 AM
70 123