I really need an app to measure how many hours my screen was on in my z10 STL100-3 because I hate this device manager which shows nothing like android or ios... I really need that Cuz I wanna measure my battery...

running 10.2.1.2228 on my z10 STL100-3...

Thanks in advance....

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 05:37 AM
    There's a boot time information that logs when you turned ON your device, if that's what you're looking for.
    07-07-14 05:46 AM
    There's a boot time information that logs when you turned ON your device, if that's what you're looking for.
    Thanks for your quick response... I need an app Cuz I really don't how to read that... I need something informative and easy... like my screen was on for 5 hours and standby for 2 hours... something like that...thanx

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:38 AM
    So, what would that tell you exactly? How long your display has been on, or on standby can in no way be directly read as "how much battery it has used".
    In fact if you open your BB10 device manager it tells you - literally (?) - how much battery the display has used. So how is that less clear?
    Attachment 283530
    And when you press "Display" it takes you to an even more detailed view that lets you see exactly when the display was active, how much CPU it was using and Memory in a nice graph showing up to 48 hours.
    Attachment 283531
    I strongly advice you to look more into the device monitor, as it tells you much more than any Android system setting has ever done.
    _____

To be fair you did ask for any third party applications, and there are a lot that create a detailed logs of battery usage.
    Maybe http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/33697896 offers what you are looking for?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Last edited by MrGlenn; 07-07-14 at 07:05 AM.
    07-07-14 06:53 AM
    Perhaps he was asking for an app that tells you how long your screen is lit?
    07-07-14 07:12 AM
    Perhaps he was asking for an app that tells you how long your screen is lit?
    YES this is exactly what I had in mind....

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:17 AM
    YES this is exactly what I had in mind....

Posted via CB10
    I don't think there is an app for that, esp. a native one. I might be wrong, though.
    07-07-14 07:22 AM
    So, what would that tell you exactly? How long your display has been on, or on standby can in no way be directly read as "how much battery it has used".
    In fact if you open your BB10 device manager it tells you - literally (?) - how much battery the display has used. So how is that less clear?
    Attachment 283530
    And when you press "Display" it takes you to an even more detailed view that lets you see exactly when the display was active, how much CPU it was using and Memory in a nice graph showing up to 48 hours.
    Attachment 283531
    I strongly advice you to look more into the device monitor, as it tells you much more than any Android system setting has ever done.
    _____

To be fair you did ask for any third party applications, and there are a lot that create a detailed logs of battery usage.
    Maybe http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/33697896 offers what you are looking for?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Thanks for your reply but the app you gave me did NOT show anything about the screen that I asked before...I really did a very deep dig in device monitor and I couldn't get what I wanted...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:24 AM
    Looking for the same thing, haven't found a good app for it

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:30 AM
    Do they have this kind of app in Android? Seems like that is the only way.
    07-07-14 07:40 AM
    I don't know...I'm searching and searching but in vain....

display is 16%
    System is 15%
    Standby is 9%

I cannot attach any pic here!!
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zozo1980; 07-07-14 at 08:10 AM.
    07-07-14 08:00 AM
    So you want an app to tell you how many hours your screen was on so then you can in turn figure out how much of your battery it used, is this correct?

Wouldn't it just be easier to use the Device Manager which tells you the percentage of battery it used over a given period? It would save you having to do it yourself. If you really wanted to, you could reverse the math and figure out how many hours it was on yourself, ie. if it used 25% of your battery over a 12 hour period, it was on for 3 hours.
    zozo1980, ronfc, sk8er_tor and 1 others like this.
    07-07-14 09:32 AM
    So you want an app to tell you how many hours your screen was on so then you can in turn figure out how much of your battery it used, is this correct?

Wouldn't it just be easier to use the Device Manager which tells you the percentage of battery it used over a given period? It would save you having to do it yourself. If you really wanted to, you could reverse the math and figure out how many hours it was on yourself, ie. if it used 25% of your battery over a 12 hour period, it was on for 3 hours.
    Thanks for the informative reply.... could you please tell me how did you do the math??

Mine is reading last 48 hours it is 83% total from battery.... so how many hours my screen was on?? Sorry for that but I'm bad at math lol...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 09:51 AM
    Thanks for the informative reply.... could you please tell me how did you do the math??

Mine is reading last 48 hours it is 83% total from battery.... so how many hours my screen was on?? Sorry for that but I'm bad at math lol...

Posted via CB10
    Sure, no problem.

The way I did it was: H x % / 100 = OT where H=hours %=percentage used and OT=On Time.
    So we replace the variables with the knowns: 48 x 83 / 100 = and we get 39.84 hours
    zozo1980 likes this.
    07-07-14 10:07 AM
    Sure, no problem.

The way I did it was: H x % / 100 = OT where H=hours %=percentage used and OT=On Time.
    So we replace the variables with the knowns: 48 x 83 / 100 = and we get 39.84 hours
    Thank you so much.... really appreciate your great help...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 10:42 AM
    I did not check the application I suggested, it was just a guess. QtHelex is pretty good with user-requests though: if you send him an email about it he might add this function...

I still do not really understand though: why do you want to know how many hours your screen was "on"?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    07-07-14 11:11 AM
    I did not check the application I suggested, it was just a guess. QtHelex is pretty good with user-requests though: if you send him an email about it he might add this function...

I still do not really understand though: why do you want to know how many hours your screen was "on"?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Thanks.... I would like to know that Cuz I wanna know how many hours my battery can get me out...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 11:59 AM
    Thanks.... I would like to know that Cuz I wanna know how many hours my battery can get me out...

Posted via CB10
    Unrelated, but seeing how long your screen is 'on' will in no way help you gauge your battery performance. A display can be 'on' playing a graphic intensive game and it can be 'on' while you're reading an article. Both will affect your battery differently.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    07-07-14 12:05 PM
    Unrelated, but seeing how long your screen is 'on' will in no way help you gauge your battery performance. A display can be 'on' playing a graphic intensive game and it can be 'on' while you're reading an article. Both will affect your battery differently.

I don't use my phone to play games... just to check emails, social media, crackberry and some apps... that's why I need the app about to measure how many hours my screen was on...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:20 PM
    Sure, no problem.

this isnt how android does its calculation and i dont think is accurate. this doesnt account for what you where doing while the screen is on.

OP i have not seen any app that can tell you down the minutes how long your screen has been lit. This would be great to see as it would help compare to other devices like you android and/or an iphone
    07-07-14 12:22 PM

I disagree that is isnt a good gauge. Many people use the on screen time data to help understand battery life and how changes to the system affect battery life
    07-07-14 12:31 PM
    Not unrelated at all. That is exactly what I was trying to say. Calculating "remaining battery time" from only how long your display has been on is pretty useless. It depends on too many different factors. Right?
    BB10 device manager shows you how much battery time remaining you have. Right on the first screen you get when opening it. And it is a pretty good estimate too. And it takes into account much more than just the display.
    Unrelated, but seeing how long your screen is 'on' will in no way help you gauge your battery performance.
    You do not have to do any calculations by yourself on BB10 for this. So why would you want to?
    If you ask me this feels like another example of how people get totally locked into iOS/Android. BlackBerry does it a bit differently (maybe even more accurately), and people automatically assume it is less usable?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    07-07-14 12:34 PM
    Not unrelated at all. That is exactly what I was trying to say. Calculating "remaining battery time" from only how long your display has been on is pretty useless. It depends on too many different factors. Right?
    BB10 device manager shows you how much battery time remaining you have. Right on the first screen you get when opening it. And it is a pretty good estimate too. And it takes into account much more than just the display.

You do not have to do any calculations by yourself on BB10 for this. So why would you want to?
    If you ask me this feels like another example of how people get totally locked into iOS/Android. BlackBerry does it a bit differently (maybe even more accurately), and people automatically assume it is less usable?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    actually i think that the time til empty isnt all accurate either. Its based too much on current consumption rate IMO. Like if you are playing a game it will say its going to die in 2 hours but that isnt realistic really if the rest of the day you are just going to be checking email and doing browsing or something. There might be something in app world that does a much better job at predicting remaining battery life by logging all of your battery data. Many android apps/widgets have this ability and find they do a great job with many predictions

07-07-14 12:53 PM
    I don't know...I'm searching and searching but in vain....

display is 16%
    System is 15%
    Standby is 9%

I cannot attach any pic here!!
    Posted via CB10
    Long press the spacebar. That will hide the keyboard and allow you to attach a pic.
    07-07-14 04:27 PM
    Sure, no problem.

This is not true. The fraction of the energy used does not tell you anything about the time, in which that energy was consumed. You have to assume that all apps consume the battery at the same rate - that is clearly a non-sense: there are battery-friendly apps and battery killing apps.
    07-07-14 04:40 PM
32 12