Hello everyone,

I am a new Blackberry Z10 user making the switch over from the BB 9900. I was using the "quick pull" app on my 9900 and it does not seem to be available for the Z10. Does anyone know if there is a similar app available for the Z10? The app basically simulates a battery pull.

Secondly, is an app also available to turn the phone on automatically at a certain time when the phone is off?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    04-11-13 11:10 AM
    Hello aerotech,

I'm also new to the Z10. Just got it Monday. BB10 should not require any battery pulls. This is different than the BlackBerry OS7 devices. Auto on - off is not yet available in BB10. Maybe in the next update. I haven't found an application for auto on- off yet. You can do a hard reset by holding down the media buttons on the side.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:22 AM
    I have had my Zed10 since the launch in Canada Feb 5 and only have done two battery pulls all done due to Rogers having Tower issues and making me reset my phone twice. Otherwise you will not have to do a battery pull unless issue with an app that was sideloaded or ported to BBW. But I have not had that issue either
    04-11-13 11:25 AM
    I have had my Zed10 since the launch in Canada Feb 5 and only have done two battery pulls all done due to Rogers having Tower issues and making me reset my phone twice. Otherwise you will not have to do a battery pull unless issue with an app that was sideloaded or ported to BBW. But I have not had that issue either
    That shouldn't technically warrant a battery pull either. The QNX framework means the Android emulator will just "Reboot " if it encounters a problem.

For me, bedside mode works just as well as auto on/off

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:27 AM
    Hello everyone,

I am a new Blackberry Z10 user making the switch over from the BB 9900. I was using the "quick pull" app on my 9900 and it does not seem to be available for the Z10. Does anyone know if there is a similar app available for the Z10? The app basically simulates a battery pull.

Secondly, is an app also available to turn the phone on automatically at a certain time when the phone is off?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    You can restart it by holding in the lock button on top for a couple of seconds... Same thing as a quick pull I think..... You can choose to lock or restart if you do that...
    04-11-13 11:40 AM
    Thanks for all your responses
    04-11-13 11:52 AM
    Sorry, aerotech. I mentioned holding the media buttons. That's the PlayBook. Holding the top button for locking will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 04:48 AM
    There are a few ways to restart/reboot your z10.

1. Hold power/lock button for a few seconds till a count down timer shows up on screen. Release the lock button and press restart at the bottom right.

2. Hold power/lock button until count down timer expires, this will do a hard reboot of the device.

3. Learned this yesterday, hold the up and down volume rockers pressed for 10 to 15 seconds.
    04-14-13 05:42 AM