Most of mobile application developers participating in BlackBerry Jam Asia 2013 have indicated that they will not quit BlackBerry 10 or Windows Phone 8 developments mainly because Apple places strict controls on developers and there have been many free or bad-quality Android-based applications.

Some developers also claimed that they will opt to stay in the BlackBerry 10 or Windows Phone 8 camp because the smartphone market has been filled up with too many of iOS and Android applications, offering little space in the two segments.

In fact, more Taiwan-based application developers have joined the BlackBerry 10 over the past year, and the number of available BlackBerry 10 applications developed by Taiwan's developers has surpassed 1,000, including those by KKbox, EZtable and Apple Daily, according to sources at Taiwan-based software developers.

Some Taiwan-based independent developers for the BlackBerry 10 have also come out with applications for securities transactions, traffic monitoring and video conference/surveillance, the sources added.

from App developers to not give up BlackBerry 10 or Windows Phone 8, say sources

Forget about the windows phone, Yeah for the BB10
    09-27-13 03:48 AM
    It is true. Android has so many apps it's almost impossible to get good downloads without heavy marketing. But there are other reasons.

The reason I first became interested in BB10 was because I can sell apps, while I can't on Android because only some countries are supported (discrimination?). To be honest a few of my Android programmer friends are pissed because of that, and even are looking around now for alternatives. Of course when I got Z10 and learned Cascades I knew this is my place.
    KemKev, potatoguy and eldricho like this.
    09-27-13 04:02 AM
    Good to know thanks!
    And as mentioned in the article, 2 platforms are not interesting for developers on long term basis because it is overcrowded. That's why I still believe the app situation of BlackBerry and Windows is temporary. Just look at BlackBerry World, there is apps that we were dreaming about with bbos.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:18 AM
    itzJustMeh
    It is true. Android has so many apps it's almost impossible to get good downloads without heavy marketing. But there are other reasons.

This coming from us where there are a gazillion different versions of battery apps in Blackberry World.
    09-27-13 04:24 AM
    I am sorry but I can not see an increased interest in BB10 app development.

There is no way.
    09-27-13 06:17 AM

There is no way.
    Neither can I.

But there was a time where I never thought I'd see a BlackBerry with a good touch screen keyboard. There was a time when I never thought I'd see BBM on other devices besides BlackBerrys.

I guess stranger things have happened, though I'd be shocked.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:21 AM

There is no way.
    Why?
    09-27-13 06:42 AM
    Cool... well, then I'm not going to say that blackberry is going to die but it's coming back.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:02 AM