Ah

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:56 AM
    Thx AGP. I never thought of leaving active frames open to see if it restarts while a sleep. Im going to try that today during the day and when I go to sleep.

Lol well since I ripped the screen saver off. I haven't noticed a reboot(15 hrs) SO FAR!!! LOL

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:03 AM
    9 weeks and no reboot. I know 5 people with 4 z10 and one q10. 3 phones are at least 9 weeks old. I had 2 leaks installed and. 90, .116 and 1720 now. KPN Network Holland no reboots. Love the phone and also feel sorry for people who have reboots.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:19 AM
    I have had the Z10 for a couple of months and have noticed only 3 reboots so far, one after upgrading to 10.1. My phone is unlocked and there is no sim in it (I use it exclusively with wi-fi), no SD card, and no side-loaded Android apps. All 3 times were during the day while connected to the factory charger and was using either the CB10 or BlackBerry World apps. So, in mine, charger could be a problem, but not the sim, the carrier or the SD card.

By the way, despite this infrequent reboots, I truly love the Z10. At this moment, I can't think of any other smartphone I want to have instead (not even the Q10!).

Posted via Z10
    05-24-13 10:30 AM
    ^So no sim and it still re-boots? If so thanks you saved me from my next test because I was thinking it could have been the radio files as well as other things but that would knock it off my list...

Also the keyword you said was "NOTICED" I'm wondering how many times I didn't notice. No I won't buy battery guru for it or other apps because I'll stick to loading them on my flawless Q...

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 10:48 AM
    Ya, I have only noticed 3 reboots, and don't know if there have been more when the phone was not in use. I started a test about a week ago by activating the Rotation Lock and keeping at least one app open in Active Frame all the time, so that I could notice a reset in case of a random reboot, but none has occurred since.

By the way, I do not charge the device during the night, and since the last reboot a week ago, when using the charger during the day I make sure I set the phone down (I don't use it with the cable attached in case it's a connection sensitivity issue, and I don't open any apps since all previous reboots happened when I was in an app). Anyway, it seems there have been no new reboots in a week. Let's see what happens.

Posted via Z10
    05-24-13 11:41 AM
    Updated to 10.1 a few days ago. Didn't notice any reboots but just had one happen while my Z10 was sitting on my desk. On the Virgin/Bell network.
    05-24-13 11:45 AM
    Does BlackBerry know why this is happening. My Telus z10 (Feb 5th) and wife's z10 (Feb 28th) doesn't seem to have had a random reboot....at least not while I have been awake/using it.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:01 PM
    I have never had a reboot while using it. I have caught it rebooting when I picked it up a couple of times. Makes me wonder if it has happened more than I realized since I don't keep apps running and I an not sure how I would even know if it happened.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:47 PM
    Thx AGP. I never thought of leaving active frames open to see if it restarts while a sleep. Im going to try that today during the day and when I go to sleep.

Lol well since I ripped the screen saver off. I haven't noticed a reboot(15 hrs) SO FAR!!! LOL

Posted via CB10
    Loll if the screen protector does the trick, then maybe you should get the work out .

I had no reboots again last night. Didn't leave it on the charger. I fill d that super weird. I also just charged my phone till 100% and it didn't reboot. Tonight I will charge while sleeping and see what happens. So far, I'm as confused as can be . Maybe I should take my screen protector off.. haha jks

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 01:32 PM
    I too have a z10 with WIND for 2 months now. I'm pleased that to date I have only had 5 or 6 reboots and only 1 since 10.1 last week. For me I really don't mind a reboot once a week, and although a phone should not do this, the Z10 is a wonderful piece of hardware. As for those with a lot of reboots, sorry to hear that.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10

Actually a phone and computer should be rebooted once a week.
    05-24-13 01:35 PM
    Whatever you do, please don't get sucked in to all the hocus-pocus that people post over and over and over and over and over, that don't solve anything. That's why I created the following to keep people from wasting time on them:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/

People are understandably frustrated with the issue, are understandably desperate to figure out what they can do to fix it, but the simple fact is, after reading THOUSANDS of posts on this myself, there is pretty much nothing users can do which will RELIABLY fix the issue.

People say stuff like "Oh, I changed memory cards and my problems went away, so memory cards are the issue.", etc. NOT. Correlation is not causation.

IMHO the issue is caused by a COMBINATION of factors which ALL have to be present for the reboot problem to occur, and most of those factors, and whether they are all present at the same time, are UNKNOWN to the typical user.

The GOOD news is that the latest leaked OS version for the Z10 (10.1.0.2009) seems to be on the right track. 6-7 hours after public release, 13 pages of comments, and not a single report of a self-reboot yet.

I think an OS update to finally fix this will probably start arriving very soon from most carriers.
    agp101 likes this.
    05-24-13 05:19 PM
    I wish we could find out what it is. My Wind Z's only rebooted 3 times, I don't think it has after 10.1. I've had it for maybe 3 months?
    05-24-13 05:30 PM
    Whatever you do, please don't get sucked in to all the hocus-pocus that people post over and over and over and over and over, that don't solve anything. That's why I created the following to keep people from wasting time on them:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/

People are understandably frustrated with the issue, are understandably desperate to figure out what they can do to fix it, but the simple fact is, after reading THOUSANDS of posts on this myself, there is pretty much nothing users can do which will RELIABLY fix the issue.

People say stuff like "Oh, I changed memory cards and my problems went away, so memory cards are the issue.", etc. NOT. Correlation is not causation.

IMHO the issue is caused by a COMBINATION of factors which ALL have to be present for the reboot problem to occur, and most of those factors, and whether they are all present at the same time, are UNKNOWN to the typical user.

The GOOD news is that the latest leaked OS version for the Z10 (10.1.0.2009) seems to be on the right track. 6-7 hours after public release, 13 pages of comments, and not a single report of a self-reboot yet.

I think an OS update to finally fix this will probably start arriving very soon from most carriers.
    I completely agree. I find it fun to discuss it and share notes, but as also I have said, we are so fricking far from figuring anything out that it's probably out of our scope to do so.. this needs to be fixed by BlackBerry not on these forums because we don't have the right tools. Thankfully, as you mention .2009, I hope they've made substantial / significant progress with this build.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:47 PM
    I completely agree. I find it fun to discuss it and share notes, but as also I have said, we are so fricking far from figuring anything out that it's probably out of our scope to do so.. this needs to be fixed by BlackBerry not on these forums because we don't have the right tools. Thankfully, as you mention .2009, I hope they've made substantial / significant progress with this build.

I've now seen some vague reports of reboots on .2009, one from someone who was scrolling through Blaq when it happened, and someone who reports "some people on twitter say...".

Still monitoring it. Nothing concrete yet.
    05-24-13 06:23 PM
40 12