Does anyone else having any issues with they APN settings since updating to 10:1?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:05 PM
    Hey... using 10.1, unlocked rogers and currently in the us using roam Mobility.

Editing apn worked for me... i'm a happy guy.

Posted via CB10
    danjv1 likes this.
    05-19-13 07:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Happiness is truly a blessing to those who can claim it!!

I just wondering if anyone are having issues with they Internet with Z10, I have noticed throughout the the whole day I'm not able to access Internet at all. I've been trying to edit my APN settings without no avail, not even my carrier can sort this out for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:54 PM
    I posted a few post about this issue myself. I'm with rogers as well and the default apn set by my provider works in some countries but in some it doesn't. There's a leak out there pre 10.1 that allowed for editing the apn which I'm planning to go back to on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 08:22 PM

I just wondering if anyone are having issues with they Internet with Z10, I have noticed throughout the the whole day I'm not able to access Internet at all. I've been trying to edit my APN settings without no avail, not even my carrier can sort this out for me.

Posted via CB10
    If you're having a problem with the APN field being greyed out and not able to edit it, the solution is linked below:-

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    05-19-13 08:26 PM
    If you're having a problem with the APN field being greyed out and not able to edit it, the solution is linked below:-

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    This. I could not edit my apn through the settings. I had to do it through the engineering screen.
    05-19-13 08:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes my APN is also locked. Can't do anything about it as BB isn't doing anything!. Looks like they are holding back in making the changes that Samsung, Apple and others have done. Been trying to find a solution but have giving up and will focus my attention on telling everyone to stay away from the Z10 or Q10 who intend on using prepaid cards and for anyone who needs to travel outside there coverage zone. Blackberry is making a big mistake with sitting idle, as everyone else will be PO and will move on to other phones.
    05-21-13 06:32 PM
    Yes my APN is also locked. Can't do anything about it as BB isn't doing anything!. Looks like they are holding back in making the changes that Samsung, Apple and others have done. Been trying to find a solution but have giving up and will focus my attention on telling everyone to stay away from the Z10 or Q10 who intend on using prepaid cards and for anyone who needs to travel outside there coverage zone. Blackberry is making a big mistake with sitting idle, as everyone else will be PO and will move on to other phones.
    The same ole BlackBerry of yesterday is the same ole of Today.
    APN Setting-img_00000154.png

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:57 AM
    I posted a few post about this issue myself. I'm with rogers as well and the default apn set by my provider works in some countries but in some it doesn't. There's a leak out there pre 10.1 that allowed for editing the apn which I'm planning to go back to on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    I believe it's leak 10.0.10.116. At least that was the last time I was able to edit my Rogers APN settings. It also worked briefly when I installed 10.1.0.2342 but then I did a security wipe to resolve the MMS issue and I think that wiped out whatever residual hidden setting from the 10.0.10.116 leak that allowed the APN edits.

I'm hoping a 10.1 solution will come out soon. I'm traveling to the US in July and need to use my Roam Mobility SIM. When I was in Orlando in April, I had the 10.0.10.116 leak installed and updating the APN settings for Roam Mobility to work on the T-Mobile network worked flawlessly. I don't want to have to revert back to a 10.0 OS for my trip next month since I've gotten so used to all the 10.1 enhancements!!!
    06-03-13 11:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi Bill,

Can you please share which version of 10.1 you are on? Also what carrier are you with? I think Bell and Telus unlocked their APN settings. Rogers seems to be the only Canadian holdout!
    06-03-13 11:18 PM
    Update link. Plug phone in to PC and start link. There may be an update available for download. It may say it's the same version as you have installed but it should fix your issue. Worked for me anyways.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:20 AM
    The ability to edit the apn is a toggle that is programmed on the sim. If you place another sim in the phone there is no guarantee you can edit the apn. Previous OS mentioned allows editing at all times and using eng screen are only way you can be sure to get data using another sim. Unless of course the sim pre populates the apn correctly.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 05:29 AM