Hope I don't ruin this for everyone but this does work. You'll need to go through the engineering mode walk through.

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Once you have access, go to General Radio and input your APN name. Close the engineering app and it works. I wouldn't play around in that app though. Not responsible for any damages to your device.

MMS still doesn't work. That setting should be in there somewhere.

AT&T Z10 on Straight Talk, OS version 10.0.10.116.
    jrdba, sai and tp2386 like this.
    04-11-13 11:26 PM
    When I change my apn settings in the engineering screen it auto fills as fast.t-mobile.com... I'm on tmobile btw...
    04-12-13 01:20 AM
    When I change my apn settings in the engineering screen it auto fills as fast.t-mobile.com... I'm on tmobile btw...
    That's the correct apn for TMO

It's for LTE phones

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:25 AM
    Does this really work? How come no one has jumped on this if it really works?

There's been so much belly aching about greyed out APN settings, if this really does work it should be front page news!
    04-12-13 05:21 PM
    Maybe it doesn't work for every device and maybe it doesn't work in every situation. It does work for my locked STL100-3 on an American MVNO.
    04-12-13 05:24 PM
    I'm going to try this on my tmobile device once I get it unlocked

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 12:55 PM
    I have the same issue with Belgian provider "Telenet". Tha AP? is grayed out.
    So I tried out the engineering screen, filled in the APN, in my case telenetwap.be.
    But when exiting the screen it doesn't seem to save what I've just added. Do you have to do something special to save the value?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

D. Boydens
    04-15-13 06:46 AM
    Even with the apn , telenet does not work. Blackberry tried everything for me...
    With os 10.99 they no longer are greyed out, you can change it , but just does not work.
    Sorry man....

I have the same issue with Belgian provider "Telenet". Tha AP? is grayed out.
    So I tried out the engineering screen, filled in the APN, in my case telenetwap.be.
    But when exiting the screen it doesn't seem to save what I've just added. Do you have to do something special to save the value?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

D. Boydens
    04-15-13 06:55 AM
    Ruben,

Great. So that means looking for another provider?
    Even if you fill in the APN it doesn't work? How comes?
    04-15-13 07:08 AM
    I'm really surprised this isn't a 50 page thread with the amount of b!tching people are doing about the greyed out APNs!
    04-15-13 03:10 PM
    It's the latest firmware (10.0.10.116) from AT&T that allows the ability to change the APN and not access to the escreen. I was using 10.0.1.85 before and APN setting was greyed out and when I updated to 116 and inserted the same MVNO bell SIM (pc mobile) , APN setting is now editable.

Posted via CB10
    QuantumQnx likes this.
    04-15-13 03:33 PM
    It's the latest firmware (10.0.10.116) from AT&T that allows the ability to change the APN and not access to the escreen. I was using 10.0.1.85 before and APN setting was greyed out and when I updated to 116 and inserted the same MVNO bell SIM (pc mobile) , APN setting is now editable.

Posted via CB10
    It's really strange. I have the 10.0.10.116 firmware and I do have access to the escreen and my APN is still greyed out. There must be more to it. Is your device unlocked?

Idk but I tried getting help from Blackberry on twitter and they basically ignored me. At that point I decided to try a Nexus 4 and it's nice. I shouldn't have to hack a device to get basic services like data and MMS.
    04-15-13 06:37 PM
    My phone is carrier unlocked so I don't know if that makes a difference (originally locked to Fido but purchased unlock code). As reported by other users on the Blackberry community forums, APN settings are still greyed out when using AT&T SIM but are editable with other carriers SIM (T-Mobile, Bell, Telus).
    APN setting on the BB z10 - Page 5 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    04-15-13 07:16 PM
    See, yours is from Fido. Mine is still locked from AT&T. It might just be AT&T's network. People have said they can't even get data on AT&T's official Prepaid offering using an AT&T branded Z10.
    04-15-13 07:24 PM
    Omg it works! My data now works with straight talk. Thanks OP. I have att model with the latest firmware if anyone wants to know. The apn is still greyed out but it is what I changed it to in the engineering screen. It used to just say "phone."

Posted via CB10
    jrdba likes this.
    04-15-13 07:39 PM
    Omg it works! My data now works with straight talk. Thanks OP. I have att model with the latest firmware if anyone wants to know. The apn is still greyed out but it is what I changed it to in the engineering screen. It used to just say "phone."

Posted via CB10
    How about MMS?!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-15-13 08:34 PM
    I'm really surprised this isn't a 50 page thread with the amount of b!tching people are doing about the greyed out APNs!
    I would't call it b!tching. You would pay monthly for data and not complain about not getting it?
    04-15-13 08:48 PM
    How about MMS?!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure about MMS. I have no clue where to go on the engineering screen to even try it.
    04-15-13 08:50 PM
    because telenet doesn't do any tests with blackberry.
    it even goes so far , that telenet isn't known by blackberry as a provider.
    guess they still care about security

Ruben,

Great. So that means looking for another provider?
    Even if you fill in the APN it doesn't work? How comes?
    04-15-13 11:48 PM
    If you buy the phone from an authorized BB provider then all should work but if you buy a BB and plan to unlock it to use on whatever network that hasn't yet been approved for BB then do you have a right to complain if it doesn't work?

I would't call it b!tching. You would pay monthly for data and not complain about not getting it?
    04-16-13 11:12 AM
    If you buy the phone from an authorized BB provider then all should work but if you buy a BB and plan to unlock it to use on whatever network that hasn't yet been approved for BB then do you have a right to complain if it doesn't work?
    Look man, I'm not going to argue with you. All I know is before my z10 I had an nexus 4. The data worked on it. Before that I had an iphone 4s. The data worked on that phone too. No harm in me thinking that it would work on my z10 too. That's me though. I can't speak for others.

Posted via CB10
    ovalfastlx and Zeronin like this.
    04-16-13 12:27 PM
    If *I buy the phone then it's my property. It's not like with music or movies where you're basically leasing it. A phone shouldn't be any different than a PC. Comcast can't tell you what kind of PC you can put on their network. HP, Dell, Lenovo, Apple, it matters not. The same should apply to mobile. The whole point of the data buckets is to keep devices from abusing the network. You go over the cap, you get throttled or cut off. Those companies shouldn't be able to dictate how you use your data. I should be able to use a Z10, N9, Google Glasses, Surface, iPad or whatever on the network. If I want to tether then I should have the right to do so without paying extra.

Not only that, but the whole point of GSM is interoperability. It's why I don't support CDMA carriers.
    Last edited by Zeronin; 04-16-13 at 11:33 PM.
    tp2386 and Saerise like this.
    04-16-13 03:37 PM
    tp2386, what do you think of a N4 vs Z10? I've had maybe 2 weeks with the Z10 and a few days with the N4 but I find myself liking the N4 more.

1) The Hub on Z10 is really good but I find widgets can replicate that function to an acceptable degree. I guess it depends on how you use your hub. I only used maybe 3 feeds worth of info.

2) Swiping through the letters is so easy on the N4. You don't have to press the spacebar at all. I like swiping up on the letters on the Z10 but I have to focus harder on the keyboard to catch the words I want to use. Both methods are fast but it's easier to me on the N4. I do like swiping to delete words on Z10 though.

3)The notification pull down on the N4 is the best. I used a Windows Phone prior to the Z10 and when I "upgraded," I missed being able to click on the toasts to respond to texts. It's so annoying to have to swipe swipe to get to the Hub, only to swipe some more if you originally left the Hub on something other than text messages. I also hate seeing the new text notification on the Z10 while your texting that same person. You have to back out of the chat and go back in to clear it.

4) Swipe to unlock is the best. I miss that the most about the Z10.

5)I don't miss peek as much since the pull down notification replicates that somewhat.
    04-16-13 04:58 PM
    tp2386, what do you think of a N4 vs Z10? I've had maybe 2 weeks with the Z10 and a few days with the N4 but I find myself liking the N4 more.

1) The Hub on Z10 is really good but I find widgets can replicate that function to an acceptable degree. I guess it depends on how you use your hub. I only used maybe 3 feeds worth of info.

2) Swiping through the letters is so easy on the N4. You don't have to press the spacebar at all. I like swiping up on the letters on the Z10 but I have to focus harder on the keyboard to catch the words I want to use. Both methods are fast but it's easier to me on the N4. I do like swiping to delete words on Z10 though.

3)The notification pull down on the N4 is the best. I used a Windows Phone prior to the Z10 and when I "upgraded," I missed being able to click on the toasts to respond to texts. It's so annoying to have to swipe swipe to get to the Hub, only to swipe some more if you originally left the Hub on something other than text messages. I also hate seeing the new text notification on the Z10 while your texting that same person. You have to back out of the chat and go back in to clear it.

4) Swipe to unlock is the best. I miss that the most about the Z10.

5)I don't miss peek as much since the pull down notification replicates that somewhat.
    I prefer the Z10 more, but I see where you are coming from. I'm such a neat freak when it comes to my homescreen that I was never really a fan of widgets. As far as the keyboards, I'm not a fan of swiping through letters. As a matter of fact, I really don't flick on the Z10. I just type without looking at what its predicting and 95/100 it gets it right on the money. I only flick if I only have one hand free. I would give the keyboard a little more time. It only gets better over time.

I most definitely agree with you on the notifications thing. I'm hoping in the next update there will be an option to display text on the lockscreen or some way to go straight to that notification from the lockscreen without multiple swipes. I too dislike how you have to clear out notifications. It's quite annoying but no biggie.

Not sure if you knew this but you don't have to do a bunch of swipes just to get to a certain inbox (hub, text, email). Lets say you are in a text message convo. Just swipe the back button to the right, and any of the inboxes you are trying to get to can be selected. This saves you a couple swipes This works for some other apps too, like the CB10 app.
    04-16-13 09:51 PM
    APN is controlled by carrier.
    However, you may wish to read this. No promises.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-16-13 10:30 PM
49 12