Hello all,

Since my Z10 is capable of running apk applications a new world has been opened for us
    I have just installed the latest leak (1925) and I have been testing a few apks, which I cannot find on BB world.

The thing is, for example Barclays mobile app is built with a restriction where it cannot be installed on rooted devices. Surfing internet I found different workarounds in order to hide root on Android devices, so these apps can be installed.

Is there a way to bypass it on BB? I suppose it catalogs our BlackBerrys as "rooted devices", therefore we will not be able to install them unless we have a real android device... :s

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, J
    12-25-13 05:37 PM
    Could you provide a link to an example of an app in the play store or elsewhere that supposedly is root proof? I would like to test this...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 07:12 PM
    Hello all,

Since my Z10 is capable of running apk applications a new world has been opened for us
    I have just installed the latest leak (1925) and I have been testing a few apks, which I cannot find on BB world.

The thing is, for example Barclays mobile app is built with a restriction where it cannot be installed on rooted devices. Surfing internet I found different workarounds in order to hide root on Android devices, so these apps can be installed.

Is there a way to bypass it on BB? I suppose it catalogs our BlackBerrys as "rooted devices", therefore we will not be able to install them unless we have a real android device... :s

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards, J
    Might help if your Barclays question was more specific - what/which Barclays is in question here? Or any other of the apps you're curious about?
    12-25-13 08:19 PM
    Hi again, the application is barclays mobile banking:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smobilebanking
    12-26-13 02:52 AM

I'll post back later on; just started backing up my Z10 and will get around to installing .1925 after a cup of coffee or two.
    12-26-13 09:27 AM
    Has anyone else checked it?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 01:02 PM
    I have the opposite problem. I'm trying to run logcat, but after installing the apk it opens but instead of displaying logs it says I need root access. I'm also on the 1925 leak.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 01:06 PM

That app installs and runs fine. I wasn't able to get past the login screen obviously, but I was able to get that far without any kind of permissions message or error.
    12-26-13 02:05 PM
    I have the opposite problem. I'm trying to run logcat, but after installing the apk it opens but instead of displaying logs it says I need root access. I'm also on the 1925 leak.

Posted via CB10
    Which logcat app are you referring to? I see several with that name in google play....
    12-26-13 02:06 PM
    ummm, that is really weird... in fact there are lot of complains regarding this on the android and barclays world.
    For instance: http://ask.barclays.co.uk/help/pingit/jailbroken_phone

The version of barclays mobile banking I have checked is 1.0.0.19, is that the same one you have it? can you please upload the one you have tested it? i'd like to see if there is any difference.

Regards, J

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:36 PM
    I have just checked "Barclays Pingit app" with the same result...
    Xavier85 I don't know how did you test it, but I am still receiving the same app message.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 12:06 PM
    Which logcat app are you referring to? I see several with that name in google play....
    I've tried a few. Catlog, alogcat, and live logcat lite. They all tell me I need superuser permission. I don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 01:09 PM
    I have just checked "Barclays Pingit app" with the same result...
    Xavier85 I don't know how did you test it, but I am still receiving the same app message.

Posted via CB10
    I just downloaded the current one from Google play via the snap app. Barclays UAE 2.0.0 looks like.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:02 PM
    I've tried a few. Catlog, alogcat, and live logcat lite. They all tell me I need superuser permission. I don't know what to do.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, tried Catlog, did pop up a message saying unable to gain root access. My guess is that this app is designed to be run on a rootable or jail broken android device, so it's looking for a file structure that just doesn't exist in the android emulator on bb10. Remember, our android is NOT a full android os, lots of key core files, including those for "root" access are just not there.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:08 PM
    I just downloaded the current one from Google play via the snap app. Barclays UAE 2.0.0 looks like.

Posted via CB10
    UAE stands for United Arab Emirates, therefore is not an app valid for UK. I have been referring to the other two official apps that you can find on google play, which show the message for rooted device.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 03:34 PM
    UAE stands for United Arab Emirates, therefore is not an app valid for UK. I have been referring to the other two official apps that you can find on google play, which show the message for rooted device.

Posted via CB10
    Those don't show up in snap, so the only way to test would be a sideload. Out of town for Christmas, I can test but not until next week when I return to work.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:35 PM
    Hi all and happy new year!

By any chance is there any update on this thread?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:30 PM