Hey folks I need help with my Viber app. I can't send a voice message it says low storage on my device. I can't receive a voice either just shows up as a 0:00 second message.

The thing is I have ample space over 2 gig left on my phone and I have a SD card that has barely been used. I can send and receive photos no problem.

What should I do?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 08:30 AM
    depends which version you have some work perfectly fine
    02-25-16 08:44 AM
    Mine is most likely an older version. Just find it difficult to upgrade android apps and scared to be honest that with a newer version might not work anymore with my z10. The joys of updating android apps I tell you!

Edit: I just checked and it's a BlackBerry 10 Viber app and it's up to date that I have installed.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 08:54 AM
    just find a site that has the apk's you can get whichever one you want to see which one works for you
    02-25-16 08:59 AM
    Apk's? Easier said than done for some people I guess. Thx though!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Although I don't use Viber I have downloaded different versions just to prove to people that it can run on BlackBerry 10. I usually get my APK's from ApkMirror. Be sure to check the info tab on the app to make sure it's compatible with the ART - 4.2 and lower. If that's fine then you should be good to go.

From my Tower of Power Q5
    02-25-16 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    You may already have this figured out but Android Version 5.6.5.1885 is the final one compatible with BB10.
    03-04-16 09:02 PM
    You may already have this figured out but Android Version 5.6.5.1885 is the final one compatible with BB10.
    No I haven't for figured it out yet. So what you are saying is delete my Blackberry 10 version and install the android version? It's a hit or miss for me when it comes to downloading or updating android apps on my Blackberry. So I'm hesitant I guess on losing a 80% working viber.

Thx
    03-07-16 09:04 AM
    No I haven't for figured it out yet. So what you are saying is delete my Blackberry 10 version and install the android version? It's a hit or miss for me when it comes to downloading or updating android apps on my Blackberry. So I'm hesitant I guess on losing a 80% working viber.

Thx
    I guess the Android Runtime has been wreaking havoc on many android apps of late. What OS build are you on? There is an issue with OS 10.3.2.2876 to be aware of but if you're not on it then don't worry about it. If you are then the fix is available.

I understand your hesitation. Backup to BlackBerry Link before proceeding and you can always revert to your present state as is. After backup then yes, I'd suggest to delete the Blackberry 10 version and install the Viber version 5.6.5.1885 apk.
    03-07-16 09:44 AM
    This is the Viber apk you need: http://download2226.mediafire.com/db...en-android.apk

Or search online.
    03-07-16 10:13 AM
    thank you very much! this worked as a char for my bb classic and i am a new user so this kinda saved me as i use viber with my friends only))
    03-08-16 09:23 AM
    I'm glad it worked out for you. Enjoy!
    03-08-16 10:01 AM
    Hey man thx so much for your info and help! Can anyone confirm if the Viber Voice works on this your discussing. Everything else seems to be working fine on my Viber except voice.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 10:26 AM
    yes, full usage. Really cool aps!
    03-08-16 10:36 AM
    Hey man thx so much for your info and help! Can anyone confirm if the Viber Voice works on this your discussing. Everything else seems to be working fine on my Viber except voice.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    voice call is perfect, as for me
    03-08-16 10:37 AM
    Can anyone point me in the proper direction to properly do this with the new apk file? I've never done this before. I just downloaded it and now what? Thx so much.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 01:37 PM
    Can anyone point me in the proper direction to properly do this with the new apk file? I've never done this before. I just downloaded it and now what? Thx so much.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Take note of the aforementioned warnings regarding your OS build.

First, backup your device with BlackBerry Link and you'll have a way to restore your device to its present state should something unforseen occur (and it's just good habit).

After that, delete the old app. Click the downloaded file on your device and follow the prompts.
    03-08-16 01:51 PM