At Best Buy, the retail is $699, but at AT&T store is $440. I bought mine 2 months ago at $550 + tax...

I wonder if rest of world Z10 full retail price is going down as well. If yes, at $440, it's an attractive price as that's the same price as the Q5. If I am to buy a BB now, at $440, I would pick Z10 over Q5 anytime.
    Last edited by gameson; 07-12-13 at 04:17 PM.
    07-12-13 04:01 PM
    Just checked it out and feel crappy as i bought mine from eBay for $405 two months ago, used good condition. Now i'm seeing my condition type as low as $300 :-(
    07-12-13 04:26 PM
    Paid $600 plus for mine back in March, lol.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    07-12-13 04:28 PM
    I expect any phone to drop price as technology wears out, but I didn't expect to be this soon. I would expect at least a price drop when the A10 comes out, but this is at least 3-5 months before A10 comes out, it does say a lot about BBRY, that in order to gain market share, they just have to drop their price. Selling the Z10 inline with the S4 and HTC One is not going to make people turn their head as people would prefer those two. However selling it at least $100 below these two phones would make people re consider their phone.

I am foreseeing a drop in Q10 when A10 comes out.
    07-12-13 07:29 PM
    Note to Blackberry. I'm pretty sure you have just lost my trust in you. I have a new Z10 that is going to be worthless before it's 3 months old
    edh2860 likes this.
    07-12-13 07:36 PM
    Verizon has had it priced at $499 for about a month now, no big deal.

Devices drop in price. It is good, let more people snag it for a good price!
    07-12-13 07:37 PM
    Note to Blackberry. I'm pretty sure you have just lost my trust in you. I have a new Z10 that is going to be worthless before it's 3 months old
    Have you ever checked into Android devices? This happens on every platform, except for Apple. They release once a year. Every other platform has multiple releases.

The device isn't going to stop working, it will still work. Keep in mind, people out there are buying BlackBerry 7 devices to date, still. Life will go on.
    twstd.reality likes this.
    07-12-13 07:39 PM
    Reminds me of the full priced PlayBook I bought at launch...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:41 PM
    uhhhh.. I wish i had money now! I'd get this in a heart beat.. Realllly want to try out the new BB10, yet, not willing to drop a new 2 year contract. I'd also like to actually KEEP the phone if I dont like it..

I actually have a Palm Pixi, never used, vzw (thought it was att).. yet keep it just because it says PALM and is actually a WebOS device lol. (Im weird w.e)

Thanks for posting this!
    07-12-13 07:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I feel you, hook line and sinker.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:23 PM
    I expect any phone to drop price as technology wears out, but I didn't expect to be this soon. I would expect at least a price drop when the A10 comes out, but this is at least 3-5 months before A10 comes out, it does say a lot about BBRY, that in order to gain market share, they just have to drop their price. Selling the Z10 inline with the S4 and HTC One is not going to make people turn their head as people would prefer those two. However selling it at least $100 below these two phones would make people re consider their phone.

I am foreseeing a drop in Q10 when A10 comes out.
    Using HTC One as an example is not good. That's a phone that is not selling! I agree with pricing below top tier

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:32 PM
    Have you ever checked into Android devices? This happens on every platform, except for Apple. They release once a year. Every other platform has multiple releases.

The device isn't going to stop working, it will still work. Keep in mind, people out there are buying BlackBerry 7 devices to date, still. Life will go on.
    thank gawd. a voice of reason.
    07-12-13 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I can beat that!

I bought 2 Playbooks, a Z10 and a Q10 full price. D'oh!
    singh60 likes this.
    07-12-13 08:36 PM
    Then there's the glass half full: Lower the price, more they sell, more people experience the full fantastic wonder-mondo-ness of this phone. And... the more people buy.
    07-12-13 08:42 PM
    Honestly that's a significant reason why I sold my Z10.

Sent from CB forums app
    07-12-13 08:46 PM
    Well, I can beat that!

I bought 2 Playbooks, a Z10 and a Q10 full price. D'oh!
    The price of being an early adopter. I bought a 9810 at least 2 months after they came out. Within 30 days AT&T dropped the price by a hundred bucks. I went back to my carrier store and got $50 back.

This happens all the time. Phones go on sale. I got my Z10 for $100 off the 2 year contract price by trading in my old 9800. Still got the 9810 as a back up, but I am a happy camper.

BlackBerry needs to sell or devices. If a sale price is given and people start to look at it, and some buy who wouldn't have before, that is good for BlackBerry. This is a positive marketing move by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-12-13 08:50 PM
    They should have done this from the start, pricing it at below $500 (contract $150), NOT $550 (contract $200). $500 ($150) would make people look vs at $550 ($200). at least it's $50 cheaper than competitors. If I am a potential buyer coming into the store without knowing what to buy, I would never buy BBRY at the same price. Most people I talked with at the store are confused with the gesture based OS. First question they ask is always, WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN HOME BUTTON? just this one reason alone, they shy away. Imagine if BBRY sets it at $150 contract, people could probably live with it as it's $50 cheaper, a compromise in their head.

anyway, it's a little too late, BBRY should do this when they launch, not after their stock took a beating
    agp101 likes this.
    07-12-13 09:03 PM
    They should have done this from the start, pricing it at below $500 (contract $150), NOT $550 (contract $200). $500 ($150) would make people look vs at $550 ($200). at least it's $50 cheaper than competitors. If I am a potential buyer coming into the store without knowing what to buy, I would never buy BBRY at the same price. Most people I talked with at the store are confused with the gesture based OS. First question they ask is always, WHERE IS THE GOD DAMN HOME BUTTON? just this one reason alone, they shy away. Imagine if BBRY sets it at $150 contract, people could probably live with it as it's $50 cheaper, a compromise in their head.

anyway, it's a little too late, BBRY should do this when they launch, not after their stock took a beating
    At the same time I could understand why they went with that pricing. They wanted to go for the high end and portray their devices as high end. In the end though, the platform is young and while it has lots of potential and is still a joy to use in its own respects, it just doesn't stack up or compete against android or iOS "all around". And so, the same prices charged for those don't make sense. Theoretically there should be less demand for bb compared to S4 if they are the same exact price (which they are). At the same price, consumers are more likely to buy the S4 or IP5. But... Throw in Samsung and Apple's economies of scale into the mix and bb can never really compete on price anyway.. Not with high end hardware anyway.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-12-13 09:49 PM
    Nexus phones are now $300 no contract. Phone pricing us really getting pushed down.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:59 PM
    but nexus has been out at least 4 months earlier vs z10, so it makes sense.

again, i expect all phones pricing gone down but i never expect z10 to go down this quickly.

Nexus phones are now $300 no contract. Phone pricing us really getting pushed down.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:10 PM
    but nexus has been out at least 4 months earlier vs z10, so it makes sense.

again, i expect all phones pricing gone down but i never expect z10 to go down this quickly.
    You're right. And a $50 reduction in price is nothing crazy either, but it's been out 6 months.

Maybe what he meant is that the Nexus is cheap and offers a lot of bells and whistles. In that sense, you can get more for cheaper, thus phone prices being driven down generally. But that's not really what we're seeing. This is unique to the Nexus and all other flagships fro Samsung and Apple are still selling $650 MSRP.

Sent from CB forums app with... (you can't handle this, it's not a bb)
    07-12-13 11:50 PM