I don't understand why I'm being attacked?

This is still an awesome phone and a far better OS than Android or even Windows Phone 8 (in my opinion). I simply wanted to post my experience because I could see the same thing happening to someone else attempting to migrate from iPhone to the Z10.

Truth be told, I'm excited to see this platform mature and I will almost undoubtedly buy a Q10 at launch as well.
    Now you're making yourself the victim. You shot this post off basically saying "If you've already got an iphone, don't make the switch." Look at the title of this thread for crying out loud. I honestly don't know if you're trolling, but the title alone seems like a sales pitch for iphone to me.
    03-26-13 11:30 PM
    Don't worry, you're not the first person to make a considered and honest post outlining why the phone is not working for you, only to be flamed by the Kook-Aid drinkers. My only gripe with your post is the bit about lack of apps. If anyone doesn't know there's a lack of apps for BB10 before buying this phone... well, what can I say. I can't believe you didn't do at least a little research before buying the phone.

Also, I'm not 100% clear on this but if it turns out you were just mistaken about the phone lock/music player issue, that will tend to generate a few flames, because, my first statement notwithstanding, there have been a ton of trollish posts by newbs who either don't understand the phone or haven't actually used one.

My objection is always to the flamers who flame people who clearly aren't trolls.
    I resent that, I haven't seen people 'flaming' for the sole reason that he didn't like the phone. I and others dislike how he's spent 2 days with his phone and is writing it off. He gripes about the lack of apps but not only the lack of apps, the lack of a particular app, and not only the lack of this particular app, but the lack of an app that is just as good as that app. We get it, he enjoyed that app. But he should realize BB users have to be patient with the new OS. Seems that he wrote more about this particular problem than the good things about it, but that doesn't bug me, what bugs me is that it looks like a post to deter iphone users from making the switch because he, being an iphone user, knows what's best for them. Guess what, I came from an iphone; never owned a BB before the z10

Also you have to understand he is not saying the music app stops playing when he locks his device, his app that he tried to use to substitute his iphone app is doing this.
    03-26-13 11:44 PM
    Also you have to understand he is not saying the music app stops playing when he locks his device, his app that he tried to use to substitute his iphone app is doing this.
    That's fine but not making that explicit is a huge problem. You have readers that come to seek others' experience and that's awesome. Legitimate issues with the phone and things you dislike about it even though they are just opinion are fine.. users with similar needs may find it helpful. But tone is a big deal as well and you can tell when someone isn't being genuine. It's not quantitative but we know, even though it's not explicit.
    And for readers to come in and read that it doesn't play music when locked (explicitly stated) and then say to themselves "Oh what the.. I ain't buying this device now " is totally unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:56 PM
    Yeah.. Im starting to hate my z10 too to be honest... Im such a sucker for getting this phone on the launch day. If i try to sell it on craigslist today... Im gonna lose $250 from how much i paid for it initially
    03-26-13 11:58 PM
    Yes I'm sure BBRY would have released a phone with 5 hours of battery life.
    03-27-13 12:07 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:17 AM
    I resent that....what bugs me is that it looks like a post to deter iphone users from making the switch because he, being an iphone user, knows what's best for them. Guess what, I came from an iphone; never owned a BB before the z10
    Welcome to CB!

Fair enough. But if you really 'resent' my post, you need to try to take a step back because I'm an anonymous internet personna and for all you know, I might be incapable of forming an intelligent response to any post. Seriously.

I was forced to iPhone after 7 years with a Blackberry. I know that the iPhone sucks. I just switched to a Nexus 4 while I wait for the things to settle down with the Z10. I can assure you that I'll own a Z10 one day.

I've just seen too many people posting with legit issues only to be flamed by the Kool-Aid drinkers around here. To be honest, troll posts amuse me. What's bizarre to me is when someone posts with a known issue and the first 3 posts are 'Mine`s not doing that!!'. 'There are no problems!!'. You're right that this isn't the best example. This one was a bit weak.

This is a tiny little world and has little or no bearing on the Z10`s future.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-27-13 12:24 AM
    There's a solution to OP's videos-won't-play-sound-while-sleeping problem I've already replied with, but too busy defending posting the "legitimate problems" to care.

For another solution try converting the videos to mp3 sound files, then the built in music player will play them while sleeping too! No need for another app even!

So many solutions...but not what OP wants, solutions.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    03-27-13 12:47 AM
    The media you were playing and stopped after locking your phone, was it a video? Because that would make total sense to me. Playback of .mp3 should not stop after locking the phone, at least I wouldn't expect it to. Don't have my phone to test with yet.
    I play music all the time with it locked.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:03 AM
    Let me just say THANK YOU for having a LEGITIMATE opinion. As for that battery life, man I'm not sure that this is platform wide problem, because I'm hearing conflicting opinions on it with mine being AWESOME. Been using it hardcore 8 hours and barely below 50%. Just a suggestion: I would try exchanging it for a different handset & see what happens before giving up. Once again, great post.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-27-13 02:23 AM
    He's talking about Stereotube I believe.
    03-27-13 02:23 AM
    The comment about media not continuing to play while locked was in regards to the native video player on the z10 playing an mp4 file. I apologize if I didn't make that clear enough in my first post.

Obviously music files play while locked, I didn't mean to mislead anyone to think that they don't.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 06:24 AM
    I've had the iphone 5 and had to charge twice a day

My z10 lasts easily twice as much as the iphone.

Honestly iphones are toys...the reason they see so popular is because they see very simple to use and the general public is simple minded....

But seriously OP why would you come to a blackberry site and talk about another phone being better? If I went to macrumors and said the iphone sucked get a blackberry I would get banned. If I went to android central and said the same about the galaxy then I would get bashed and banned...idk what you expected when you came here. I had the iphone (5 generations) its a child's toy. It's not meant for business use or heavy communication but rather for media use

Posted via CB10
    Z10 battery does not last twice as long as the Iphone 5 - And as far as the Iphone being a toy - what makes you come to that conclusion?
    03-27-13 06:45 AM
    I don't understand the propensity of some people here to get so defensive when someone mentions shortfalls of an electronic device that they own.

Being an iPhone owner, I understand that there is a long list of negatives about this phone and it doesn't offend me to mention them. Here are a few:

-Battery life isn't great
    -iOS is stale and unintuitive
    -Hardware scratches easily
    -No flash
    -Irreplaceable battery
    -No true multitasking

I just don't understand the concept of being a "fanboy" to one device or company. For me, I'm just looking for the best all-around device for the way I use my phone, no matter who produces it or what it's called. In my case, the iPhone 5 happens to strike that balance right now but I will continue to buy new devices when they are released in anticipation of something being better in the very near future.

With my luck I will return the Z10 on Saturday and a software update fixing battery life + a Spotify app will be released on Sunday.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-27-13 07:15 AM
    I don't understand the propensity of some people here to get so defensive when someone mentions shortfalls of an electronic device that they own.

Being an iPhone owner, I understand that there is a long list of negatives about this phone and it doesn't offend me to mention them. Here are a few:

-Battery life isn't great
    -iOS is stale and unintuitive
    -Hardware scratches easily
    -No flash
    -Irreplaceable battery
    -No true multitasking

I just don't understand the concept of being a "fanboy" to one device or company. For me, I'm just looking for the best all-around device for the way I use my phone, no matter who produces it or what it's called. In my case, the iPhone 5 happens to strike that balance right now but I will continue to buy new devices when they are released in anticipation of something being better in the very near future.

With my luck I will return the Z10 on Saturday and a software update fixing battery life + a Spotify app will be released on Sunday.
    I agree 100% - I tried the Z10 - you tried the Z10.....we both AT THIS MOMENT prefer the Iphone5.....life goes on.........
    03-27-13 07:20 AM
    The comment about media not continuing to play while locked was in regards to the native video player on the z10 playing an mp4 file. I apologize if I didn't make that clear enough in my first post.

Obviously music files play while locked, I didn't mean to mislead anyone to think that they don't.

Posted via CB10
    then I suggest you edit your OP. What's so difficult? Cmon man....

Posted via CB10
    tlegend2012 likes this.
    03-27-13 12:10 PM
    I just find it surprising to compare an IPhone to a Blackberry.....actually I've never owned an apple product in my life... why? simple... Apple loves to cookie cut everyone. Their products are nice,but the company is heading towards a dead end street... (People get bored!!) Can you tell me what is the difference between an Ipad and an Iphone? Blackberry has a new platform... You can't just compare a brand new os vs an old os... it's too new ,and it will take time to get out there...
    03-27-13 12:25 PM
    I just find it surprising to compare an IPhone to a Blackberry.....actually I've never owned an apple product in my life... why? simple... Apple loves to cookie cut everyone. Their products are nice,but the company is heading towards a dead end street... (People get bored!!) Can you tell me what is the difference between an Ipad and an Iphone? Blackberry has a new platform... You can't just compare a brand new os vs an old os... it's too new ,and it will take time to get out there...
    How is it difficult to compare an iPhone to a Blackberry when Blackberry made this device specifically to compete with other full touchscreen phones like the iPhone?

Also the OS itself isn't the problem, I like it a lot and I think the issues that I mentioned will only get better over time.
    03-27-13 12:36 PM
    How is it difficult to compare an iPhone to a Blackberry when Blackberry made this device specifically to compete with other full touchscreen phones like the iPhone?

Also the OS itself isn't the problem, I like it a lot and I think the issues that I mentioned will only get better over time.
    it's even less difficult to simply edit your OP, but I guess you have no interest in doing that, thus revealing your true intentions?
    Still waiting...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 12:56 PM
    it's even less difficult to simply edit your OP, but I guess you have no interest in doing that, thus revealing your true intentions?
    Still waiting...

Posted via CB10
    Edited the OP just for you.
    agp101 likes this.
    03-27-13 01:17 PM
    I forgot to mention this in the OP - but for anyone switching from iPhone to the Z10, be sure to take all of the necessary steps to unlink your mobile number from iMessage.

Even though I was on the Z10 and my iPhone was no longer active on the AT&T network, I had a bunch of people sending me iMessages that I assumed would revert to SMS but this never happened and they were stuck in iMessage for good.

Just something to keep in mind so that you don't miss out on any messages.
    03-27-13 01:40 PM
    I forgot to mention this in the OP - but for anyone switching from iPhone to the Z10, be sure to take all of the necessary steps to unlink your mobile number from iMessage.

Even though I was on the Z10 and my iPhone was no longer active on the AT&T network, I had a bunch of people sending me iMessages that I assumed would revert to SMS but this never happened and they were stuck in iMessage for good.

Just something to keep in mind so that you don't miss out on any messages.
    thanks for editing, I'm sure it helped users. You should also post this in the OP as most don't go this far into a thread for this kind of information. The issue has been mentioned before but this kind of info is very helpful for users.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm curious as to why you would want a video to keep playing when the phone is locked and you can't see it?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 02:35 PM
    I'm curious as to why you would want a video to keep playing when the phone is locked and you can't see it?

Posted via CB10
    Because there is no spotify app, I was using a download manager to download songs from YouTube and .mp4 was the only format available to save as. Hopefully this clears things up.
    03-27-13 02:50 PM
    Well here's a new one.

My Z10 is now hopping back and forth between full bars of 3G and "Emergency Calls Only".

your phone is defective. could be a software issue, judging from what your saying. battery pull, then see what happens. if it dont clear up go into the store and see what is up.. reload the os is another option.
    I had this problem in some areas and I found out that it was due to my network. Your phone will choose the best available type of network (GSM/ 3G/ 4G) if you configure it that way. In case the 3G network is not optimal it will refresh and try another network and maybe shifting between? What setting do you have under Settings--> Mobile Network --->Network technology? Since I had it set on HSPA+/UMTS/GSM it seems to have resolved my problem.

I do not know where you are located or if this could be your issue. The same symptoms can result from different causes so maybe not helpful what I wrote but if it happens for the same reason it happened to me, the change above should resolve it.

Hope it works out.
    03-27-13 03:29 PM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD