Hi, I just replaced my bold 9900 with a z10 and after installing bridge on the phone and pairing it with the playbook I have now lost bridge BBM, text and email on the playbook.
    Anyone know why and if it will be coming back?

Cheers
    Alan
    02-01-13 03:43 PM
    Don't have a Z10, the only things I can think of are reboot both devices, and try redoing the bridge connection. Other then that IDK.
    02-01-13 03:54 PM
    I can't remember seeing this discussed elsewhere on CB, so here's a rundown from BerryReview: How The PlayBook BlackBerry Bridge Works on BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview

Short answer: Bridge doesn't do that anymore. All the more reason I hope BB10 update for PB comes soon.
    02-01-13 05:47 PM
    z10 has bbm now so that doesn't need to be bridged, but as others here have discovered bridged text, memo, and tasks are gone at this time with a z10 and a pb. My hope is everything gets worked out by march when I am planning the Q10 to be available.

Sorry you didn't know before you purchased. I hope you still love your z10 the way it is. Don't worry, everything will get better and better!
    02-01-13 08:28 PM
    z10 has bbm now so that doesn't need to be bridged, but as others here have discovered bridged text, memo, and tasks are gone at this time with a z10 and a pb. My hope is everything gets worked out by march when I am planning the Q10 to be available.

Sorry you didn't know before you purchased. I hope you still love your z10 the way it is. Don't worry, everything will get better and better!
    Well OS7.1 phones have BBM also but I still love having it viewed on the PB. I hope they keep it or that the PB only needs to be updated to BB10 which sounds like will be some time yet which is a bummer.
    02-01-13 08:46 PM
    We really should start building a list of things of which we already have on the supposedly obsolete OS yet are not available on the new super duper OS. While I'm sure it's coming soon - rolling my eyes - its disappointing to see features such as this not available at launch.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:56 PM
    Well OS7.1 phones have BBM also but I still love having it viewed on the PB. I hope they keep it or that the PB only needs to be updated to BB10 which sounds like will be some time yet which is a bummer.
    you're right. I don't know what I was thinking about my bbm comment. lol. I love bridging bbm to my playbook as well. must be those paint chips I had for lunch. sorry
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-01-13 09:03 PM
    I have the same issue. All that is left in my bridge folder on my pb is a readme file. There is no BBM, text, emails, notes, calendar, browser. Absolutely nothing. I haven't yet got my z10 on bes as my work needs to upgrade its exchange server. Could that be the reason?
    02-08-13 02:15 AM
    I can't remember seeing this discussed elsewhere on CB, so here's a rundown from BerryReview: How The PlayBook BlackBerry Bridge Works on BlackBerry 10 - BerryReview

Short answer: Bridge doesn't do that anymore. All the more reason I hope BB10 update for PB comes soon.
    I too hope it is brought back. I liked using BBM on my pa and also creating tasks and notes without having to have the phone handy. I was intrigued by the ability to access a corporate intranet however. Would that mean it would be like a vpn access to the network?
    02-08-13 02:21 AM
    This has been discussed elsewhere. There was even an article on the CB blogs by Blaize, I believe. Please research....
    02-08-13 02:22 AM