in the old BB OS, I can set the notification to be silent for group ONLY while BBM PM will get notification, so any group pictures, chat, etc will be silent, i only hear ping from BBM PM.

now I can not find setting to silent the group chat. If I disable the group chat on hub, it will not show on the hub (which I want), but i want the group chat not to notify me or ping me for updates.

any tips how to achieve this like the old BBM?

Thanks.
    05-23-13 02:10 AM
    No option for this yet but I know everyone's waiting for this as thats what made BlackBerry so great before. Customizable alerts.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 02:15 AM
    WhatsApp will allow you to mute a group for as long as a week. As for bbm i don't know.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:44 AM
    WhatsApp will allow you to mute a group for as long as a week. As for bbm i don't know.

Posted via CB10
    Can it? Where can we find the option for that one?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 06:41 AM
    Just go in the group and tap options, it's somewhere near the bottom.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 09:59 AM
    I think he just wants to turn off the notification sound for group chat but keep in on for direct message
    05-23-13 11:41 AM
    yes, VR6, you are right. sometime I am amazed that people do not read and just comment. sometimes I wonder if maybe I convey my message wrong, but then I realize some few people can actually get what I wrote, so it's not me ...

to repeat again, I just want to turn off the NOTIFICATION sound but still have the group chat showing in the hub. in the old BB, you can turn off the group notification, but you are still able to view group chat, pictures, etc in the message folder

it seems like there may not be a way. I am confused to see why the new 10 that is supposed to be superior compare to old OS, but they disable some of the features from BB 10.
    05-23-13 12:16 PM
    Actually, the whatsapp trick i shared earlier does exactly what you need: it mutes the notifications but shows the messages in the hub.

But i agree that the custumization options from OS7 are dearly missed.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:29 PM