Yes, but only on stl1001, and not on unlocked stl1002 or stl1003

Posted via CB10
    In my case, it isn't "Available for my Device" despite the 100-1 model. Sigh. Downloaded, installed but "Not Available" when I try to launch it.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:32 PM
    I have mapmyindia working fine on my STL100-1. Downloaded it a couple of days after I got my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:01 PM
    In my case, it isn't "Available for my Device" despite the 100-1 model. Sigh. Downloaded, installed but "Not Available" when I try to launch it.

Posted via CB10
    What's your OS version

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:36 AM
    What's your OS version

Posted via CB10
    Updated to. 85. seems that's the latest version available. No luck with the Map my India app though.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 04:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ankit did you get your phone from India?
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    03-16-13 06:44 AM
    Updated to. 85. seems that's the latest version available. No luck with the Map my India app though.

Posted via CB10
    I checked with Mireo and they replied they will have mapmyindia maps on their store soon enough like ios. The official mapmyindia app is also using the Mireo application.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:22 AM
    Ankit did you get your phone from India?
    Yes. MapMyIndia doesn't seem to think so, though :/

Not really a map-app guy though, so not a big deal for me, but yeah - not working is a strange thing.

Here:
    Anyone in India got their Z10?-img_00000069.png

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:45 PM
    Yes. MapMyIndia doesn't seem to think so, though :/

Not really a map-app guy though, so not a big deal for me, but yeah - not working is a strange thing.

Here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000069.png 
Views:	488 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	141710

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't work on mine either, I got mine from Dubai. MapmyIndia will work on phones destined for India only (they check IMEI and PINs) so no luck for the rest of us.. unless they let the rest of us have a paid version.
    03-18-13 05:24 AM
    Doesn't work on mine either, I got mine from Dubai. MapmyIndia will work on phones destined for India only (they check IMEI and PINs) so no luck for the rest of us.. unless they let the rest of us have a paid version.
    Hmm. I contacted the developer. He tried looking into it, but said could not look into it further as my pin does not show up in Blackberry's list of pins, to allow fixing the issue on my handset; consequently, he said I need to contact BlackBerry first.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 05:29 AM
    Soooo I was supposed to get my Z10 on 20th but looking at the sales, I ended up getting it yesterday!
    Epic phone, this! Love everything about it.
    Did anyone on Vodafone get 2gb free data? I did and I didn't even recharge my account.

Posted via CB10
    ESCON likes this.
    03-18-13 08:43 PM
    Congrats and welcome to the z10 user club. Though u already know so much about the phone, being active on Cb for so long. :-)
    My brother also got his phone yesterday and is in the process of setting it up. Tried BlackBerry video with him, works good.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:49 PM
    Congrats and welcome to the z10 user club. Though u already know so much about the phone, being active on Cb for so long. :-)
    My brother also got his phone yesterday and is in the process of setting it up. Tried BlackBerry video with him, works good.

Posted via CB10
    Yes haha I was using it like I've been a native user since a long time.
    If you guys are on Vodafone try and see of you get the additional data for free.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Amit, does the BBM video work only over wifi, or was anyone of you not on the wifi as well?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:26 AM
    Amit, does the BBM video work only over wifi, or was anyone of you not on the wifi as well?

Posted via CB10
    It works both over wifi as well as on data plan. Normal data plan, that is. You don't need the blackberry plans .

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:32 AM
    Would anyone from India have an idea on how many z10's were sold so far in your country?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 12:37 AM
    It works both over wifi as well as on data plan. Normal data plan, that is. You don't need the blackberry plans .

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I know we don't need BIS. However, did you try video and voice yourself or that's just an assumption? Mine doesn't seems to work over Vodafone network

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 03:17 AM
    Thanks. I know we don't need BIS. However, did you try video and voice yourself or that's just an assumption? Mine doesn't seems to work over Vodafone network

Posted via CB10
    Personally I've not gotten a chance to use it, none of my friends have the Z10. However I've seen some videos where it works on the data plans as well .

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 03:25 AM
    Got my Z10 day before. Amazing experience !

Only issue is the BB maps don't show anything and neither does mapmyindia work - gives the not authorized error and developer says PIN is not in the list of PINs provided by BB to them.

Will try google maps BAR and see if that's usable.
    03-19-13 05:10 AM

Only issue is the BB maps don't show anything and neither does mapmyindia work - gives the not authorized error and developer says PIN is not in the list of PINs provided by BB to them.

Congratulations and welcome to Z10 club!!

Where did you buy the phone from?

Google maps BAR is working fine, except few glitches. But, it does the work.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 05:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Anubhav Vodafone is the problem. They block BBM video and BBM voice. They even block Skype on their network. I have a vodafone prepaid card which is use in my Lumia 900 and Skype etc don't work. To upgrade by Z10 I popped in the vodafone sim into my BB and I couldn't make BBM voice or video calls. Airtel allows this on their network.
    Basically they need to enable a port at the backend. I suggest calling vodafone and raise a stink about it.
    03-19-13 05:17 AM

Ami1 did you buy from an authorized store? Because some people sell Grey market stuff claiming its with Indian warranty. If your pin is not showing up in the Indian devices list, I suggest you contact Redington or Ingram Micro and check if this is from their sales channel or not.
    03-19-13 05:20 AM
    Ami1 did you buy from an authorized store? Because some people sell Grey market stuff claiming its with Indian warranty. If your pin is not showing up in the Indian devices list, I suggest you contact Redington or Ingram Micro and check if this is from their sales channel or not.
    I have the same problem. Contacted a developer for an issue and he said the same thing: that my pin isn't on the list. I do see a Redington seal on my Z10 box. Not sure if it implies that my phone is from that channel.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:26 AM
    Would anyone from India have an idea on how many z10's were sold so far in your country?

Posted via CB10
    No clue to the number of phones sold, but my easy guess would be about 100,000...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:03 AM
    I told my friends I got the Z10. A few of them, without even having used it, became all judgemental and were like "It's not worth the cash, shouldn't have gotten It", blah blah blahh.
    I felt like punching em! Anyone else had such instances??

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:49 AM
    @Anubhav @sam_b77 A friend of mine got his Z10 a couple of days back and I have had a couple of video calls with him while I was on wifi and he was on Vodafone Mumbai 3g...it was a little choppy but it worked...haven't used it with wifi on both ends...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:53 AM
258 ... 7891011