04-23-13 06:39 PM
55 123
tools
    Google acknowledged the service disruption. All platforms using the normal method of login were probably impacted (fewer on droid). well Google states 0.007% of it's user base (hard to believe) were impacted.
    04-17-13 11:03 AM
    same issue,
    problem started 17apr13 morning, then worked afternoon then stopped again at night.
    04-18-13 07:51 AM
    I've had this same issue where it is sporadic as well. If I delete then re-add the account everything works great for a few days.

I have checked the Google App Status Dashboard but does not show any degradation at this time.

This is annoying. Been thinking that I should change to Outlook.com and drop gmail since we now can't use the exchange active sync unless youre a business user who already pays for the GMail service
    04-23-13 05:08 PM
    I just got off the phone with BlackBerry Support about this.

It turns out that my corporate wifi must be blocking the google servers. After turning off the wifi I can connect just fine (after deleting my account).
    BlackBerry support said that if it occurs again, to get a copy of the self generated report from the handset within 10 minutes of it happening again (Help > Support > Create Report) but you need an Incident Number from BlackBerry to put into the device in order for the report to be generated.

If it happens again, and you can't reconnect, try turning off your wifi, then try again.
    Also, make sure you report it to Blackberry via your service provider.

Regards,
    Dave
    04-23-13 06:32 PM
    I just got off the phone with BlackBerry Support about this.

It turns out that my corporate wifi must be blocking the google servers. After turning off the wifi I can connect just fine (after deleting my account).
    BlackBerry support said that if it occurs again, to get a copy of the self generated report from the handset within 10 minutes of it happening again (Help > Support > Create Report) but you need an Incident Number from BlackBerry to put into the device in order for the report to be generated.

If it happens again, and you can't reconnect, try turning off your wifi, then try again.
    Also, make sure you report it to Blackberry via your service provider.

Regards,
    Dave
    This is nothing new for me. My corporate WiFi used to block any external email servers, but had to change the rules when senior executives started using non - BlackBerry phones. Just tell your senior executives how much they should try the Z10 and how productive you are with it. ;-)

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-23-13 06:39 PM
55 123