Wondering if anyone has a previous version of link they could share. Seems as though the restore feature of 1.0.1.33 is inop (apparently a known issue) and I'm wanting to downgrade from 10.1 back to stock. Its been suggested to "softbrick" my phone and then run the restore option in Link as a way to trick it into loading on the latest carrier version for me (Tmo USA) but I'm confused as to how this process would actually work if the Restore feature is borked in the latest version. Also if my phone is "soft bricked" how would link know what carrier and version of software it would need to load? and would it not alos need to download that version? or are all versions self contained within the link application? Sorry for so many questions just kind of new to the BB world and how the process works! Lots of experience with Android but this is my first foray with the new blackberry!

Thanks,

Andrew
    05-05-13 09:28 PM
    i literally just reloaded my OS.
    what you have to do is like you said "soft brick" your phone either doing a battery pull while wiping your phone, (although that didnt work for me for some reason), or downloading a leaked OS and disconnecting it form your pc during the writing process. I plugged it into the link clicked reload and the whole process went very smooth, if the bb link doesnt work theres a work around as well which was posted on CB by bla1ze.
    th3h0ff likes this.
    05-05-13 09:36 PM
    everything is automatic, i too have tmobile, you dont have to worry about any of that.
    05-05-13 09:37 PM