I'm sorry, but I am just so very disappointed with BB10. I find the OS very glitchy.
    I don't have sever reboot issues, but it does reboot from time to time. BlackBerry Link is just an atrocious PC interface that lacks features and functionality... much like BB10 itself.
    BB Link is glitchy but I disagree on lack of features. Can you explore your computer file system from your phone?
    Speaking of features and functionality, i am still floored that the developers have still not included the ability to dial a number directly from the browser.
    Seriously??? How the heck did you overlook that one. That's like leaving the windshield wipers off of a new car. That alone has completely disapated any faith I had in BB and the future of the company.
    Do you want to know something worse actually related to hardware? When an iPhone bends or even the smallest bump causes dings. If we want to go to analogies, it's like making your car out of pewter.
    If such a basic feature can be overlooked, then I don't have any faith in their ability to innovate any 'bleeding edge' features to set themselves apart.
    What innovated feature has Apple brought to the table? We have a file system, we have multitasking, we can explore our computers with our phones, we have an area where all essential communication is put so we don't have to go in and out of apps, we have BBM and BB Travel which Apple copied
    The last part of my post will deal with support from BB themselves. Well, essentially, it's non-esistent. Getting any direct support from BlackBerry aside from using Twitter is essentially impossible.
    I agree with this. Having an only twitter option is annoying
    I found that Apple had an incredible support model for any device that was still under manufacturer warranty.
    I do wish BB had stores but they are too small.
    Posted via CB10
    If you don't want the phone anymore, exchange it for an iPhone. Simple. Calling BB uninnovative and Apple innovated, is ridiculous. You sir, have been drinking too much cool-aid. There was a time where Apple was innovative but that is not the case now. The iPhone 5 had the same software but its hardware was a step back from the 4S. In my opinion it is a pewter POS and my apple fanboy of a roommate surprisingly agreed when he talked about how easy it was to ding, how crappy the build quality was when talking about his first phone which had a defected headphone jack and how he was generally bored with the same ol', same ol'.
    SDTRMG and lynxs_claw like this.
    05-19-13 01:31 PM
    That's a bulls **** statement, because when ios came out, windows mobile, bbos, even Nokia phones had copy and paste, mms, etc. So to base his excuse and cone up with a worse one in none sense. Just because there was no multi-touch phone doesn't mean they leave those features out. They did because they were new at what they were doing, it was a new os, and they had to code things, and test em to make sure the work properly, as BlackBerry is doing i
    With bb10/qnx it's not like they worked with it before they bought the company, no they had to make things work.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you but back in 2007 people in here crushed Apple for leaving those features out. No one cared that it was a first generation device. They also crushed the fact that it was a touchscreen and that keyboards were the only way to go. Also, Apple had never been in the phone business so it was also a completely new market for them. People expect BB to get it right first because they've been in the mobile business for so long, new OS or not. It just seems hypocritical that people in here want to use the first generation OS as an excuse for Blackberry for whatever bugs the phone has when it wasn't an acceptable excuse for Apple.
    Davidro1, Berry_Pink and wehttam like this.
    05-19-13 01:33 PM

What I like about BB is that they will release frequent incremental updates which our off of the major release cycles.
    Yeah they've really done a Bang up job with updates with the Playbook.
    05-19-13 01:37 PM
    Last edited by mjasondavis; 08-08-13 at 11:39 AM.
    SDTRMG, Davidro1 and gritsinct like this.
    05-19-13 01:37 PM
    Is anyone else who migrated to BB10 from iOS disapointed?-img_00000263.png

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:39 PM
    4 pages of replies, and not one followup post from d3r3k79... He picked an issue, and complained and now it's trending on the forum... Well played, sir.

Former iPhone 4S user, happy with switching, find it far more pleasurable to use the Z10, particularly the keyboard. I still have my iPhone 4S, I'm holding onto it as a backup in case I somehow drop the Z10 and break it. Also, I'm curious about iOS 7 (WHENEVER it arrives, lol) which I'll download and try out for comparison purposes as it will be the first post BB10 iOS update... I'm expecting a 'prettier' OS from Apple, but not much more.

I'll never go back to Apple, and if Blackberry continues on the same path they've started with BB10, I'll never switch. Apple does rule the pack when it comes to customer service, but it's worth noting that they are a much larger company than Blackberry. As to why Samsung or Microsoft, don't follow that example, I'm a bit mystified (although Microsoft has begun opening stores, so maybe they'll catch up). But it comes down to money, and right now Blackberry is a David amongst Goliaths in that regard. They have to be much more selective about where they invest resources, time and money. Knowing that, it's not really a fair comparison.

Anyway, love to hear your reply to users who have pointed out you can dial from the browser, etc. But I'm not holding my breath.
    SDTRMG and trynacu2 like this.
    05-19-13 01:39 PM
    It's one thing to complain about legit issues. Totally different calling BlackBerry out for a feature it already has.

Press and hold on a number in the browser is too complicated. OK then.

You can copy and paste into the dialer as well.
    CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    That's my bellwether on whether or not the complaints/issues are legit or if they're just a malcontent. IF they point out a problem and you point out how to fix it (or how they are incorrect) they will thank you if they're legit. If they move on to something else to carp on about, that's a pretty good indicator they're not here for solutions. Not 100% accurate, but a good way of judging imho.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    05-19-13 01:45 PM
    I'm not disappointed at all. I came from having the iPhone all the way back to the 3gs. I know how not works in and out, used the iPhone for very long.

The way BlackBerry just works and "flows" is a lot better for me. It was annoying having to go from app to app with the iPhone. Granted it's about the same with the BlackBerry but yet different, and the way BlackBerry handles it all I much prefer.

Plus the keyboard from what everyone says on the BlackBerry is amazing, to me it's not bad I still prefer the iPhone keyboard, and I know I'm in the minority on that one but for some reason the BlackBerry keyboard doesn't have that great of a auto correct feature compared to the iPhone. I make a heck of a lot more mistakes with the BlackBerry keyboard then I ever have with the iPhone. It's weird and sucks but whatever. I seem to keep on hitting the period key, and the phone won't auto correct it like I want to with a space but anyways.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-19-13 01:57 PM
    I keep hearing about how BBRY is a young OS, and I'm saying it better grow up fast because companies like AAPL and GOOG are so far ahead... Yes BBOS is new and different, but that's only going to be interesting and acceptable for so long.

I use WP8 and I can say that they too need some tweaks if the masses are going to adapt this platform. However, Nokia is putting out great hardware and WP8 has been rock solid.

Honestly after the initial release, if people aren't immediately impressed its hard to regain their attention.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    05-19-13 01:57 PM
    Yeah they've really done a Bang up job with updates with the Playbook.
    They added native email, calendar and contacts with integration on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter after they knew the PB was a commercial failure as well as Android gingerbread support.

Just snowballing here, what do you think (or guess) Apple/Microsoft/Samsung would have done under the same circumstances? Particularly if any of the aforementioned companies were being written off in the mainstream media? And, while they were in the middle of launching a brand new OS under that dark cloud?

I have a Playbook, and would love BB10 on it. But I'm willing to give them some leeway, seeing as BB10 is below the 5 month anniversary mark, and it's pretty obvious to me that their first priority is growing the new platform and pushing new hardware sales of the mobile phones which will generate revenue...

It's a given that they screwed the pooch on the Playbook. I'm frankly surprised they're committed to continuing to support it at all.
    SDTRMG and eddy_berry like this.
    05-19-13 02:04 PM
    You're nuts if you think BB Link is better than iTunes. BB Link is the worst piece of junk ever released to the public. At least be honest.
    There's no way BB Link is worse than iTunes. Try using iTunes, it's awful. iTunes is what made me leave iphone. BB Link is perfect for me. It's simple. Drag and drop my music, close the program and it leaves me alone. No requests to download bonjour and safari all the time.
    05-19-13 02:11 PM
    I keep hearing about how BBRY is a young OS, and I'm saying it better grow up fast because companies like AAPL and GOOG are so far ahead... Yes BBOS is new and different, but that's only going to be interesting and acceptable for so long.

I use WP8 and I can say that they too need some tweaks if the masses are going to adapt this platform. However, Nokia is putting out great hardware and WP8 has been rock solid.

Honestly after the initial release, if people aren't immediately impressed its hard to regain their attention.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    You're absolutely right. However, WP8 is following on WP7 and still not hitting great traction. BB10 is five months old; WP has been around since February, 2010. 39 months. So maybe give Blackberry 12 months and see what they can accomplish?
    05-19-13 02:12 PM
    There's no way BB Link is worse than iTunes. Try using iTunes, it's awful.
    You've got to be kidding. I use iTunes daily and if you have an iPhone it works perfectly. BB Link doesn't work well with their own phones. To compare the two is insane because iTunes is leaps and bounds better than BB Link.

BB Link shouldn't have even been released in its current state. It awful and completely worthless. To say anything other than that is blind fanboyism.
    05-19-13 02:13 PM
    solution: use the specific phone for the specific task on which you prefer on each device.
    05-19-13 02:16 PM
    You've got to be kidding. I use iTunes daily and if you have an iPhone it works perfectly. BB Link doesn't work well with their own phones. To compare the two is insane because iTunes is leaps and bounds better than BB Link.

BB Link shouldn't have even been released in its current state. It awful and completely worthless. To say anything other than that is blind fanboyism.
    iTunes definitely works better than Blackberry Link, particularly if you're using an iPhone, as you noted. BB Link needs a LOT of work, and it's the soft underbelly of Blackberry at the moment. Hopefully they understand this and are committing more resources to addressing that issue.
    05-19-13 02:17 PM
    Tell me, besides apple? What other companies have retail stores/support centers. If you actually knew the state BlackBerry is in right now, you'd understand they can't afford to open up retail stores/support centers, which is why like most OEMS, the carrier will deal with this.

Posted via CB10
    Regardless of the state BlackBerry is in you can't take your customers for granted. Spending millions on advertisements for new products without support is foolish. Storefronts are not required but a contact for customer service would be helpful. BlackBerry is taking a very bold step relying on carriers to support their products. This I think will do far more harm then they have anticipated.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-19-13 02:32 PM
    I don't use iTunes but I was not aware you could move music from any computer to your iPhone remotely as I can do with BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:36 PM
    That is the most mixed up, convoluted reply I think I've ever read.

I'll keep it simple for you...when iPhone came out, it had no real competition, so the lack of features was not a huge deal. Android came along and was the first real alternative to the iPhone, so once again, lack of features and lag was tolerated. BB's problem is that now there are real, solid alternatives to the crap they put out. I understand wanting to try the phone because it's new (heck, I did), but it is no serious alternative to Androids latest and greatest. I do however believe it is an alternative to the iPhone in its current state...at least the hardware is...the app situation is horrid.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Um no real competition? what continent were you living on? Nokia's symbian and bb's bbOS pretty much controlled the worlds smartphone market and that was the iphones competition, and "lack of features and lag were tolerated"? you gotta be kidding me right? they were NOT tolerated at all! i remember post on XDA that were thousands of pages long where people just complained about the "lack of features and lag" did you even use the first iphone? or first android? or did you just jump on the bandwagon a few years after they evolved to what they are today? Android was the geeks dream untill a few years ago when ICS came out...thats why the iphone sold so well...it was lag free, easy to use, and overall a better experience than other android alternatives ( and other smartphone alternatives as well)

history LOVES to repeat itself. look at apple...are they doing amazing? nope, they have received a lot of criticism as of late and unless iOS brings something very new to the table (not just a set of new icons) they will shed a lot of users! its the same thing that happened to bb and nokia a few years back...

also if you think android is lag free and iphone is perfect, go check out xda, androidcentral, and macrumors...i think youll realize how EVERY smartphone has its issues
    05-19-13 02:36 PM
    history LOVES to repeat itself. look at apple...are they doing amazing? nope, they have received a lot of criticism as of late and unless iOS brings something very new to the table (not just a set of new icons) they will shed a lot of users! its the same thing that happened to bb and nokia a few years back...

also if you think android is lag free and iphone is perfect, go check out xda, androidcentral, and macrumors...i think youll realize how EVERY smartphone has its issues
    Not to mention that back in the late nineties the 'smart money' was on the END of Apple. They were finished... I still remember the humiliating moment when Microsoft bailed them out with a $500 million dollar loan...
    05-19-13 02:40 PM
    Yeah. I guess I'm having some sort of mental block. What are the steps to copy a text phone number in a web page and paste to the phone app/dialer? Appears I'm not seeing this. I would post a picture as example but the cb10 app doesn't upload a photo when I try to attach one. I do see the ability, say in a Google result set, to hold the number and a call option appears (seen in the previous screen shots).
    05-19-13 02:45 PM
    Yeah. I guess I'm having some sort of mental block. What are the steps to copy a text phone number in a web page and paste to the phone app/dialer? Appears I'm not seeing this. I would post a picture as example but the cb10 app doesn't upload a photo when I try to attach one. I do see the ability, say in a Google result set, to hold the number and a call option appears (seen in the previous screen shots).
    If you highlight the number (select it), then press and hold the side menu will come up with an option to call.
    05-19-13 02:48 PM
    I applaud you for a brave post and I certainly am able to share your perspective on this issue. Take it from me. I've been on iOS for almost 6 whole years. Now, I'm just using my 4S as my secondary device. I was also one of the first to unlock the iPhone 2G in 2007 when it was still buggy and command line based.

The Z10 is a breath of fresh air and I gave BlackBerry a chance because I still have respect for the brand as I've owned the 8700 prior to iPhone.

You have made a very fair and honest statement, but let me put things into a better perspective. I bought the Z10 based on BlackBerry's design ethics or principles, it's innovation, and integrity to originality. You may be asking at this point as to what the hell do I mean I know. Allow me to detail...

BlackBerry knows that they were bleeding cash and they had to push out the Z10 before the Q10 because sales were all going in the direction of touch screens. Thorsten said this himself. As you may know, overhauling a platform with a new OS is no easy task--take a look at Mac OS X since 2001 and you will know what I mean. They've come a long way.

The reason why I was disappointed, like you said, common to many iOS users, was because yes, iOS to BlackBerry 10 is such a culture shock--BlackBerry 10 is in its infancy stage. Mac OS X of 2001 was so slow it was almost impractical to use, BlackBerry 10 is so full of quirks and glitches it's crawling with bugs. You have to give it time and appreciate what BlackBerry has brought forth with the Z10. Over time, I am sure many here will experience a mature OS.

Now going back to ethics and principles, BlackBerry has not bashed anyone including Samsung even. BlackBerry has not "slavishly copied" iOS. Forget Android. Nothing can be copied from Android because there's nothing innovative there anyway. It is obvious that android has "borrowed" much from iOS which is why one would refuse to buy an Android device.

Imagine a company who doesn't innovate and keeps "borrowing", it will eventually find itself hard to break away from the habit. Samsung is one known for it's lack of originality, and worse, it's business tactics. For instance, you may have noticed how horrible the experience is when one tries to copy and paste a url in the browser on the Z10, but be sure that that is an original idea and that it will be fixed. Once fixed, you have something that's original and Respected.

At this time, I can sense that BlackBerry's engineering team may be stretched thin. Look at the build numbers of the leaks. Yes. They are hard at working out the kinks and that's what I admire in a company. Though they may not have the same level of resources as Apple, they are doing what they can and that is to be respected. Repay them with patience.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:53 PM
    I agree with you but back in 2007 people in here crushed Apple for leaving those features out. No one cared that it was a first generation device. They also crushed the fact that it was a touchscreen and that keyboards were the only way to go. Also, Apple had never been in the phone business so it was also a completely new market for them. People expect BB to get it right first because they've been in the mobile business for so long, new OS or not. It just seems hypocritical that people in here want to use the first generation OS as an excuse for Blackberry for whatever bugs the phone has when it wasn't an acceptable excuse for Apple.
    Very true, I would expect that on the BlackBerry Fan forum, and even on the imore forum to be honest, but there are always people with common sense who realize it takes work and sometimes time to get everything done. No os, weather it be for phone, computer, tablet, car, etc can be 100% complete on release.

And it's more then them building a new os, there working with a whole new backend platform, that they have to get the noc servers etc, to work with properly among other things. People don't consider that BlackBerry is pushing along on limited resources and staff, unlike apple, google and even Microsoft. I agree the os could have been more complete on release, but I'm on no way disappointed, especially at the pace they are releasing feature rich updates.

Rome wasn't built in a day, 5 months, or 2 years, and to be honest bb10 will never be complete and that's the great thing about a os, it matures over time as ios, bbos, and android have. They weren't all released with those features.

Posted via CB10
    russworman likes this.
    05-19-13 03:03 PM
    I am so disappointed with BB10 i had all my life iphone and for my business i got to change to blackberry.9900 was the best phone. since z10 came to the market with this new update for this device my phone been stock in the same update since i bought this phone.i bought a z10 ulocked stl100-1 and they promise that this device will run skype. so here we are in argentina trying my best to update the f$$$$ phone but i cant. not in link not in the phone not in the web.pathetic .
    Fnen90 likes this.
    05-19-13 03:21 PM
    Regardless of the state BlackBerry is in you can't take your customers for granted. Spending millions on advertisements for new products without support is foolish. Storefronts are not required but a contact for customer service would be helpful. BlackBerry is taking a very bold step relying on carriers to support their products. This I think will do far more harm then they have anticipated.

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? As far back as I can remember BlackBerry has used carriers for support of there products, THIS IS NOT NEW!. The only other company taking that approach right now is Microsoft because they can afford to throw many at a phone they don't profit from, if BlackBerry wants to remain in business they don't have that luxury.

Don't like it? By an iPhone and get the best support in the biz.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:23 PM
204 ... 34567 ...