Man I'm sick of seeing apologists for the "new" BB because of new software. That is an odd way to defend a product. That's like comparing a newly designed car to its competition that was designed 5 years ago to keep things equal. New software or not, consumers will compare (rightly so) the new BB to current software on ios and android...anything else would be silly. BB had years to develop this new system, and the gaps that they still have compared to the competition is ridiculous.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    There are no gaps in this case, the phone does what the OP claims it doesn't. But that never stopped a fandriod piling on, did it?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:29 AM
    Tbleegxmoytinnmtnbty.y bn jueexvykennyvyttyngbx. Tony b

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:34 AM
    Man I'm sick of seeing apologists for the "new" BB because of new software. That is an odd way to defend a product. That's like comparing a newly designed car to its competition that was designed 5 years ago to keep things equal. New software or not, consumers will compare (rightly so) the new BB to current software on ios and android...anything else would be silly. BB had years to develop this new system, and the gaps that they still have compared to the competition is ridiculous.

LOL OK
    hey bud lets take a little trip down memory lane....
    a while back, quite a while actually, i had a phone called the iphone...it was the original iphone (damn thing only got edge, slow as hell)...that thing didnt have video recording, copy paste, mms, or even landscape mode for sms, and no app store....

A little while later i had a phone called the htc g1...man was that thing slow, laggy, terrible battery, non-existant app store, very basic functions...

now look at the latest iphone and latest androids and how much they have PROGRESSED...however, look at the last two updates for iOS and Android and tell me whats so innovated? battery percent in the status bar? imessage? if you think anything on the last two things is "innovative" then you need to go outside...
    the reason blackberry is even in the mess that they are is because they were ran by people who do not embrace change, people who see their high marketshare and decide theres no need to innovate because we already own the market! look at whats happening to ios and android!
    Let me ask you this...the Lexus LFA does not have ($350,000 btw) does not have cup holders...OH MY GODDD well since it doesnt have cup holders CLEARLY my 1996 toyota camry is a better car because it has cup holders, right?
    BB10 (even wp8) are different but most importantly they are NEW! You cant compare something new to something very old...thats like telling me someone who just graduated law school should have the expertise of a lawyer thats been practicing for 40 years...

btw, just so yall know, im not even using a blackberry right now, im using a 3 year old htc my touch 3g slide (sold my iphone 5, note 2, nexus 4, gave z10 away as gift), so im not a BB "fanboy" i just use whatever i really like (i really like physical keyboard phones hence the old phone) and i know my next phone will be the q10 because, well, its new, different, great keyboard, and hopefully the start of a great OS!
    jay_men, SDTRMG, trynacu2 and 3 others like this.
    05-19-13 11:41 AM
    Sold my iPhone 5 a few days ago, and love my Z10. Patiently waiting for the Q10 on Verizon.
    05-19-13 11:59 AM
    First post, so please be gentle. For me, some glitches and the lack of certain functionality is forgivable at this point because it is a new OS. That's what updates are for, and it sounds like 10.1 has brought positive fixes and features. I don't expect perfection from any platform, let alone a brand new one, plus I'm patient. Lets just hope BB continues to improve BB10 because (for example) the ability to dial direct by clicking on any phone number in pretty much any application (as my 9930 behaves in most situations) is a very simple, time saving convenience (that's the point of a smartphone, isn't it?) that's on most or all platforms. I eagerly awaited bb 10, but as much as I wanted to run out and get one of the new phones, I'm using the next 6 months (when my contract is up) to see how these things are handled before I make another commitment to a platform or (mostly) my carrier. I really want these phones to succeed and I like the look and feel of the new OS, but for me, updates and customer support are going to make the difference in my decision.
    SDTRMG and lynxs_claw like this.
    05-19-13 12:00 PM
    ]to be honest what bb10 I'd [sic] after 2 years (ios and android took 4-5 years) building it from the ground up, it's actually an amazing os.
    Posted via CB10
    The virtual (and physical) keyboards are the best out there...period. And, that's not just functionality, it is also elegance while also maintaining a minimalistic, realistic design. Droid and Windows stock keyboards look wacked and feel wrong with keys all over the place. IOS looks realistic but isn't near the level of BB10 accuracy and functionality. And several alternate virtual keyboards I've seen look so gimmicky and unprofessional. BlackBerry has such a good keyboard that I'd let Mr. Heins kick me in groin ten times just for that. He gets ten more kicks when OS7 functionality is restored.

~STV
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-19-13 12:06 PM
    First post, so please be gentle. For me, some glitches and the lack of certain functionality is forgivable at this point because it is a new OS. That's what updates are for, and it sounds like 10.1 has brought positive fixes and features. I don't expect perfection from any platform, let alone a brand new one, plus I'm patient. Lets just hope BB continues to improve BB10 because (for example) the ability to dial direct by clicking on any phone number in pretty much any application (as my 9930 behaves in most situations) is a very simple, time saving convenience (that's the point of a smartphone, isn't it?) that's on most or all platforms. I eagerly awaited bb 10, but as much as I wanted to run out and get one of the new phones, I'm using the next 6 months (when my contract is up) to see how these things are handled before I make another commitment to a platform or (mostly) my carrier. I really want these phones to succeed and I like the look and feel of the new OS, but for me, updates and customer support are going to make the difference in my decision.

You CAN dial from the browser and other apps, the OP got it wrong. 10.1 brought browser dial and paste into the dialler, so you're covered.

I look at it this way, I've had the Z10 for three months and I'm on the THIRD official OS release. That is EPIC support, yet the complainers are raging like BlackBerry are sitting at home counting the cash and laughing at them. I just don't get the rage.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-19-13 12:10 PM
    You CAN dial from the browser and other apps, the OP got it wrong. 10.1 brought browser dial and paste into the dialler, so you're covered.

I look at it this way, I've had the Z10 for three months and I'm on the THIRD official OS release. That is EPIC support, yet the complainers are raging like BlackBerry are sitting at home counting the cash and laughing at them. I just don't get the rage.
    I'm an uber happy customer but I'm still guilty of complaining about things like Device Analyzer missing, lack of universal orientation support, and praying the random reboots stop even though I've only had one or two.

~STV
    05-19-13 12:12 PM
    ... but for me, updates and customer support are going to make the difference in my decision.
    Diplomatic. Mediator.

Best first post ever.
    nyfinch likes this.
    05-19-13 12:18 PM
    LOL OK
    hey bud lets take a little trip down memory lane....
    a while back, quite a while actually, i had a phone called the iphone...it was the original iphone (damn thing only got edge, slow as hell)...that thing didnt have video recording, copy paste, mms, or even landscape mode for sms, and no app store....

A little while later i had a phone called the htc g1...man was that thing slow, laggy, terrible battery, non-existant app store, very basic functions...

now look at the latest iphone and latest androids and how much they have PROGRESSED...however, look at the last two updates for iOS and Android and tell me whats so innovated? battery percent in the status bar? imessage? if you think anything on the last two things is "innovative" then you need to go outside...
    the reason blackberry is even in the mess that they are is because they were ran by people who do not embrace change, people who see their high marketshare and decide theres no need to innovate because we already own the market! look at whats happening to ios and android!
    Let me ask you this...the Lexus LFA does not have ($350,000 btw) does not have cup holders...OH MY GODDD well since it doesnt have cup holders CLEARLY my 1996 toyota camry is a better car because it has cup holders, right?
    BB10 (even wp8) are different but most importantly they are NEW! You cant compare something new to something very old...thats like telling me someone who just graduated law school should have the expertise of a lawyer thats been practicing for 40 years...

btw, just so yall know, im not even using a blackberry right now, im using a 3 year old htc my touch 3g slide (sold my iphone 5, note 2, nexus 4, gave z10 away as gift), so im not a BB "fanboy" i just use whatever i really like (i really like physical keyboard phones hence the old phone) and i know my next phone will be the q10 because, well, its new, different, great keyboard, and hopefully the start of a great OS!
    That is the most mixed up, convoluted reply I think I've ever read.

I'll keep it simple for you...when iPhone came out, it had no real competition, so the lack of features was not a huge deal. Android came along and was the first real alternative to the iPhone, so once again, lack of features and lag was tolerated. BB's problem is that now there are real, solid alternatives to the crap they put out. I understand wanting to try the phone because it's new (heck, I did), but it is no serious alternative to Androids latest and greatest. I do however believe it is an alternative to the iPhone in its current state...at least the hardware is...the app situation is horrid.

Berry_Pink and richardat like this.
    05-19-13 12:18 PM
    You are the minority, I'm very happy with my Z10 after leaving apple after 4 years.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:28 PM
    I'm missing the "Paste in phone App" part.
    05-19-13 12:36 PM
    I see that. So feel free to substitute some actual glitch or lack of functionality because it sounds like they do exist. I'm not raging or complaining. In fact, I said that's forgivable for now. I'm just saying that I hope BB stays up on reported shortcomings with good customer service and future (and frequent) updates like 10.1.
    05-19-13 12:37 PM
    The thing is this is supposed to be a smart phone, so yes we expect it to have features such as been able to dial directly from the browser. With that said 10.1 did fix a lot of problems. It cam only get better.

Posted via CB10
    Rome wasn't built in a day buddy matter fact in wasn't built in 2 either, being that BlackBerry ate writing thousands of line of code to get things to work with qnx, thongs will take time. There not just reusing a free os like android oems. Also in android and ios 1.0 they were things lime a background or cut and paste, so having to copy your number and past it in the dialer it's that big of a deal, what does it add 5 seconds to your life.

Some people are ungrateful it's actually sad.

This ain't burger King, you can't have it your way.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:38 PM
    The virtual (and physical) keyboards are the best out there...period. And, that's not just functionality, it is also elegance while also maintaining a minimalistic, realistic design. Droid and Windows stock keyboards look wacked and feel wrong with keys all over the place. IOS looks realistic but isn't near the level of BB10 accuracy and functionality. And several alternate virtual keyboards I've seen look so gimmicky and unprofessional. BlackBerry has such a good keyboard that I'd let Mr. Heins kick me in groin ten times just for that. He gets ten more kicks when OS7 functionality is restored.

~STV
    Exactally they have put a lot of work in to bb10, and it's not like it's gonna stop after the first release, every update will bring new features.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:39 PM
    I'm missing the "Paste in phone App" part.
    It has it.
    05-19-13 12:41 PM
    The op did make one point that was valid and serious but everyone overlooked it to bash apple. I can not understand why BlackBerry would launch a brand new os and phones but not establish a support center? Redirecting most of the current keep it rolling campaign would be money well spent. I love this phone but I had a bunch of issues in the first three months. Had I not been so stubborn I would have just gave up and joined the I sheep crowd. Clearly relying on retailers who quit selling BlackBerry phones two years ago in us may be the biggest mistake made. Maybe a great phone but why not make sure buyers get to enjoy all it features.
    And yes story maker us incredible.

Posted via CB10
    Tell me, besides apple? What other companies have retail stores/support centers. If you actually knew the state BlackBerry is in right now, you'd understand they can't afford to open up retail stores/support centers, which is why like most OEMS, the carrier will deal with this.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:49 PM
    With respect, I have to disagree. Would you accept the same conditions had you spent your money on a new BMW, or maybe a new home? Would you simply say "It's a new car, it will fix itself in time." Or, "It's a new house, a leaking roof and faulty plumbing is brand new and I should expect problems." When a high end product is sold, having problems or "issues" takes from ones reputation and causes the individual to question their initial decision to purchase the product. While NOTHING is perfect, I personally expect a bit more quality and reliability from a premium device. No hard feelings.
    Difference between BlackBerry and BMW, is BMW is doing very well. BlackBerry isn't and rebuilt a os from the ground up. Look at the telsa s model, it's new, it's selling well, by a company that like BlackBerry doesn't have a large bank account (compared to competitors) or the man power of other companies. Sure there may be a few things missing, but they can be added in a update, that's then great thing about software.

Ios and android 1.0, were missing things like cut and paste or backgrounds etc. So the little things in bb10 aren't much.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:55 PM
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 05-19-13 at 01:18 PM.
    05-19-13 12:58 PM
    It's one thing to complain about legit issues. Totally different calling BlackBerry out for a feature it already has.

Press and hold on a number in the browser is too complicated. OK then.

You can copy and paste into the dialer as well.

Is anyone else who migrated to BB10 from iOS disapointed?-img_00000358.png
    Attachment 163289

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-19-13 01:04 PM
    People problem is they expect bb10 to be exactly like ios and android. I left that mind set with the iPhone 5 I dropped. I was ready for the new experience , and knew there may be some features missing being a new os.

But complaining about having to copy n paste the number (which we.dont) makes me think people must have ***** about the iPhone not having nfc, file manager access, a led etc. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 05-19-13 at 03:05 PM.
    05-19-13 01:05 PM
    That is the most mixed up, convoluted reply I think I've ever read.

I'll keep it simple for you...when iPhone came out, it had no real competition, so the lack of features was not a huge deal. Android came along and was the first real alternative to the iPhone, so once again, lack of features and lag was tolerated. BB's problem is that now there are real, solid alternatives to the crap they put out. I understand wanting to try the phone because it's new (heck, I did), but it is no serious alternative to Androids latest and greatest. I do however believe it is an alternative to the iPhone in its current state...at least the hardware is...the app situation is horrid.

That's a bulls **** statement, because when ios came out, windows mobile, bbos, even Nokia phones had copy and paste, mms, etc. So to base his excuse and cone up with a worse one in none sense. Just because there was no multi-touch phone doesn't mean they leave those features out. They did because they were new at what they were doing, it was a new os, and they had to code things, and test em to make sure the work properly, as BlackBerry is doing i
    With bb10/qnx it's not like they worked with it before they bought the company, no they had to make things work.

Posted via CB10
    DivideBYZero and thecurryman like this.
    05-19-13 01:13 PM
    Love the whole concept of BB10... But really can't speak cause I did'n owe a BB10 device yet... But I have to admit that BB Link really sucks
    I agree. BB Link does suck...and so did BB Desktop Manager (or whatever they called it). I really only use it to back up my device before installing a new OS. Otherwise, I find it quite useless.
    05-19-13 01:18 PM
    Never had an iPhone, never will. We have 4 I pods in the house. Never get used or updates I hate iTunes that is complete garbage. Restricting me to how many pcs I can use. It's too busy and messy and not user friendly. Our 2 year old plays with one of our I touch devices it plays him lullabies at night and naps. Because of iTunes and how I don't like it is the reason I never got an iphone.
    Link does stink! But I don't use it to load my music or pics or docs.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:21 PM
    I'm sorry, but I am just so very disappointed with BB10. I find the OS very glitchy. I don't have sever reboot issues, but it does reboot from time to time. BlackBerry Link is just an atrocious PC interface that lacks features and functionality... much like BB10 itself.
    Speaking of features and functionality, i am still floored that the developers have still not included the ability to dial a number directly from the browser. Seriously??? How the heck did you overlook that one. That's like leaving the windshield wipers off of a new car. That alone has completely disapated any faith I had in BB and the future of the company. If such a basic feature can be overlooked, then I don't have any faith in their ability to innovate any 'bleeding edge' features to set themselves apart.
    The last part of my post will deal with support from BB themselves. Well, essentially, it's non-esistent. Getting any direct support from BlackBerry aside from using Twitter is essentially impossible. I found that Apple had an incredible support model for any device that was still under manufacturer warranty.

Posted via CB10
    The latest OS (10.1) does allow calling from the browser, as did previous BB OS versions. BB10 is brand new and will take a few iterations to be complete, which is no different than other OS's. Android is on version 4.something. iPhone comes out w/a new phone every 6-8 months (give or take). All are constantly evolving.

What I like about BB is that they will release frequent incremental updates which our off of the major release cycles. I'm using 10.1 now & here's how the calling via Browser looks:

Is anyone else who migrated to BB10 from iOS disapointed?-call.jpg

Regarding BB's support, my experiences with them have been great! I've had to contact them twice about my PlayBook, and I was very impressed w/the level of service that I received.
    05-19-13 01:26 PM
204 ... 23456 ...