Hey, just a note out to other BB users who use TeamViewer about requesting a BB10 (or Android port) version. I find it is the best for giving remote support to my friends and family. Anyway, emailed them requesting they make a BB10 version and heard back from one of the support team. Not there yet, from the looks of it, but they have been getting requests. So just a call out to anyone else who would use the app to send in a quick request.

The email address is [email protected]

Here's a snippet of the reply I received:

Dear PJ,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We do see a good amount of request for such an app.
    The more people that show interests the better it is in getting these new features realized with TeamViewer.

Thanks for listening!

PS For anyone in the GTA, I used to use an iPhone app called RocketMan for TTC Bus Predictions for when I was out and pubbing. I took a shot in the dark and asked if he'd consider making a BB10 version as I loved the app. Turns out, he was already working on it, it's due in March.
    MXBerry likes this.
    02-20-13 03:42 PM
    Great, I'll drop an email right away.
    02-20-13 04:09 PM
    I use teamviewer all the time.

Mail sent
    02-20-13 04:12 PM
    So will I... it's a great tool, and will be good on BB10.
    02-20-13 04:15 PM
    I'm sure in the meantime there's an android port of this...check the Android side loading forum

Love BB10, Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 04:19 PM
    Tried that already! No dice! AND, I have an account with TeamViewer and tried using the browser option (works on desktop). No dice. Partially I think it has to do with not recognizing the phone browser properly, and will fix. And the website for the live browser option is at beta.teamviewer.com...

Thanks guys and gals for emailing! Good to know I'm not the only one. So are you like me, and you're stuck with being de facto IT Support for your family?

Maybe I shouldn't have emailed TeamViewer... =)
    02-20-13 04:29 PM
    emailed, I also love Teamviewer...
    02-20-13 04:35 PM
    This is great, let's show the TeamViewer dev team some BB love! Let them know we love their program and would love it on Blackberry 10!
    02-20-13 04:54 PM
    Emailed them, now to wait....
    02-20-13 04:58 PM
    Tried that already! No dice! AND, I have an account with TeamViewer and tried using the browser option (works on desktop). No dice. Partially I think it has to do with not recognizing the phone browser properly, and will fix. And the website for the live browser option is at beta.teamviewer.com...

Thanks guys and gals for emailing! Good to know I'm not the only one. So are you like me, and you're stuck with being de facto IT Support for your family?

Maybe I shouldn't have emailed TeamViewer... =)
    I too am the the IT support for my family and friends I use team viewer a lot for fixing things for friends who aren't local. It's a superb program!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:08 PM
    Great app..will send them an email as well, hope it comes soon!
    02-20-13 05:29 PM
    I too am the the IT support for my family and friends I use team viewer a lot for fixing things for friends who aren't local. It's a superb program!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what I do and use. They would be lost without my help over the air waves. I know there are other programs but teamviewer has been what I've been using for years now.
    02-20-13 05:33 PM
    just sent them an email...
    02-20-13 05:37 PM
    Including myself that's ten people...

My grandmother always used to say to me that ten people marching together in step were worth a thousand people marching off in all directions...

Wise woman. =)
    02-20-13 05:48 PM
    Great Application. Just sent my email. Never tried on mobile but willing to buy it if they have it.
    02-20-13 05:56 PM
    Free on Android and iPhone so hopefully free on BB... Bit of a learning curve on a mobile device as opposed to the desktop. But came in very handy for me on several occasions.
    02-20-13 06:09 PM
    I hear ya! I come from an Irish family, I have an ungodly number of cousins that pester me with computer problems... TeamViewer is very handy. I have it set on their computers to autoload and I put in a preset password so that way I can get in and out quickly and deal with their issue without having to worry about input on their end!
    02-20-13 06:17 PM
    I imagine you all got the same reply I did

They found a forum.....
    02-20-13 06:35 PM

They found a forum.....
    Oh no, are you getting a form letter reply? I got a personal response when I emailed.
    02-20-13 06:44 PM
    On the other hand, that might not be a bad thing. Maybe enough people are emailing that instead of the personal touch they are sending out form letters due to volume...

One can hope!
    02-20-13 06:46 PM
    Well they told me they found the forum post responsible, which indicates that they see that the public wants the app.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:51 PM

They found a forum.....
    Got the same LOL.
    02-20-13 07:00 PM
    Can anyone cut and paste the form response they're getting from TeamViewer? I got a personal reply, I'd like to see what you're receiving.

I am going to follow up. I want this app on BB10, and I'm gonna be a bulldog about it, so please let me know what response you've received.

Cheers
    Peej
    02-20-13 07:14 PM
    Thank you very much for your email.

After a sudden influx of requests for TeamViewer on Blackberry 10 I found a forum post that is responsible.

I will definitely forward each and every one of your suggestion to our product management. Such ideas are always welcome, although I cannot promise when or if this feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand. Your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user?s needs and demands.

If you have any further questions on our product, please feel free to contact us.

P.S. Please excuse me for using the same reply on each of you.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 07:21 PM
    Ah. I guess after posting a public call they got inundated with requests.

GOOD. Hopefully, they'll be kicking the arses of their dev team to make a BB10 TeamViewer App!

Thanks for posting mtbdave!
    02-20-13 07:37 PM
42 12