It's literally gone from a phone I loved, to one I have to restrain myself from throwing across the room.

Since the update to 10.2.0.429, problems with my phone have increased to the point where it is barely useable. The phone creates anywhere from 3-7 multiples of most contacts no matter how many times I delete them.

Then there's the issue of the text conversations. Yes I am having the problem I've heard of where the conversation gets stuck, taking 3 and 4 minutes to come up or not at all when you click too fast and start typing before the text box comes up. But it's gone from only doing it once in a while, to doing it every two minutes. Every time it does it I have to go into application manager and end text messages, then go back into it and wait another 3-4 minutes.

Is anybody else at their whit's end? Anybody found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:11 AM
    In-terms of mobile life cycle the Z10 is outdated, it was nothing special when it was released.

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
    12-29-13 07:15 AM
    put contacts in outlook.com. Then sync contacts. I keep no local contacts on my phone and sync ONLY from Outlook. Google kept ******* up my contact list so I ditched it and went outlook.

have you done a wipe and not restored the phone? I have had no issues with my Z10 or Z30. I am on 10.2.1.1925 now. Best OS hands down. I recommend grabbing that one and giving it a try.

You can also try deleting your text message for whatever contact is giving you problems.

Posted via CB10
    imadorkx likes this.
    12-29-13 07:22 AM
    In-terms of mobile life cycle the Z10 is outdated, it was nothing special when it was released.

Really nothing special, then why are you here?
    kieran, install a leak man, problems fixed when ya do.
    12-29-13 07:28 AM
    What is the best way to sync with outlook?

Jeff Cox
    12-29-13 07:32 AM
    I agree with funcktasticlucky. Keep no local data on phone and sync via outlook.com only. Works flawlessly to sync calendar and contacts. Plus, it's always backed up and always available to view on other devices.

Posted via CB10
    miker476 likes this.
    12-29-13 07:33 AM
    I'm just waiting for an accident to happen to my Z10 so I can throw it out because of the loose power button. That'll just give me the right excuse to buy a new Z10.
    12-29-13 07:35 AM
    Do you have Skype installed? that's the app that creates multiple contacts... every time you run it, it creates a contact.

For the texting problem, it's a bug. The longer the conversation, the bigger the risk of running into a long loading time. Two workaround : erase the history from time to time.

Or if you are like me and like to keep very long conversation history, open a text message with a very short conversation history first, then open the conversation you'll want to see.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-13 07:36 AM
    Couldn't agree more complete rubbish - contacts keep disappearing of my phone and keep getting software updates then says to big to download aaahhhhhhhhh.....
    12-29-13 07:49 AM
    I agree with funcktasticlucky. Keep no local data on phone and sync via outlook.com only. Works flawlessly to sync calendar and contacts. Plus, it's always backed up and always available to view on other devices.

Posted via CB10
    how 'bout maybe the guy doesn't want his data in some cloud,,, maybe he just wants his phone to work the way it's supposed to,,, he wants a fix, not a workaround...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-29-13 08:01 AM
    I took the battery out for 30 seconds and I think texts are working again. But all my photos are all jumbled up and contacts are all over the place. Very not happy!
    12-29-13 08:05 AM
    It's literally gone from a phone I loved, to one I have to restrain myself from throwing across the room.

Since the update to 10.2.0.429, problems with my phone have increased to the point where it is barely useable. The phone creates anywhere from 3-7 multiples of most contacts no matter how many times I delete them.

Then there's the issue of the text conversations. Yes I am having the problem I've heard of where the conversation gets stuck, taking 3 and 4 minutes to come up or not at all when you click too fast and start typing before the text box comes up. But it's gone from only doing it once in a while, to doing it every two minutes. Every time it does it I have to go into application manager and end text messages, then go back into it and wait another 3-4 minutes.

Is anybody else at their whit's end? Anybody found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    lsn ..i used to have a z10 , and now i sold it to get a z30 .... and i have used every phone except WP ...the z10 didn't make any problems for me , it was fine , Samsung phones has a tone of problems , and ios was not so friendly to the changes i make either . anyways just try to get around the problems and you will love your phone again
    12-29-13 08:16 AM

In terms of mobile life it's outdated?! Please tell us all, how you came up with that assumption/hypothesis?

It might have not been top in the specs race at launch but this is a common argument within the smartphone world Does a smartphone need top hardware specs, if what it has is efficient enough to run its OS fluidly? IMO the Z10 is a fantastic phone with more then enough specs. Would I specifically like a better camera? Sure, but coming from a 9800 I'm more then satisfied with what my Z10 can do.

Would we all appreciate some more physical memory on the phone? Sure we would but 16GB seems to be sufficient for the majority of smartphone users. If it wasn't, all manufacturers wouldn't make any models at 16GB.

My point being, posting that any BlackBerry 10 device is obsolete less then a year into the field is purly subjective and extremely opinionated. There are a ton of smartphones that have their pros and cons in the market and I believe BB10 devices have their place.

Posted via CB10
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    12-29-13 08:17 AM
    Install one of the 10.2.1 leaks, OP, or get a new phone. I'm definitely still in love with my Z10, personally.
    12-29-13 08:30 AM
    Couldn't agree more complete rubbish - contacts keep disappearing of my phone and keep getting software updates then says to big to download aaahhhhhhhhh.....
    Connect to wifi
    12-29-13 08:38 AM
    I also had multiple contacts appearing and I finally discovered that it was the Skype app creating them whenever it opened. Rather than deleting the Skype app, just go into the settings for Skype and turn off syncing to to your contacts.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    12-29-13 08:45 AM
    I was starting to have the same feeling, until I loaded up the 10.2.1 leak. I fell in love with my Z10 all over again.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-29-13 08:46 AM
    I'm at the end of my tether with my Z30. Agree with you 100%, buggy to the point of being unusable. Strangely though, I've not had any of your issues, had a whole other bag load. Had it under 2 months, it will be meeting up with a hammer or eBay very soon!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:47 AM
    [QUOTE=Jeffreyfcox;9775842]What is the best way to sync with outlook?

Are you talking about syncing to your computer. If so the best way is to create a outlook.com account. It will sync your contacts and calendar flawlessly. I actually have my wife set up on one pc, two laptops and a tablet. She can enter a contact or an appointment into any of these or her phone and they are all synced together. Doesn't get any easier then that.

It is time consuming to set up but well worth it. Syncing between 5 devices is well worth it.
    12-29-13 08:47 AM
    Does 10.2.1 have loads of funky new features, or does it just work??
    12-29-13 08:48 AM
    10.2.1 introduced apk installation
    Whether that's funky or not, you tell me :P
    12-29-13 08:52 AM
    OP, before you launch the Z10 across the room, download the 10.2.1.1925 autoloader, double click the autoloader, stick the Z10 into your laptop USB and wait for it to load up. Can't be more simple and there you have it: a brand new user experience.

Z10 goodness
    12-29-13 09:11 AM

So in short, any time there is a glitch or a problem with anything we own, we can just use that an excuse and tell ourselves it was outdated and that it was nothing special from the get go? Wow, if life could be so simple
    12-29-13 10:11 AM
    To discuss the Z10, quite obviously. Does one need to believe it's special to discuss it?

No leaks. No betas. Ever.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-29-13 10:14 AM

It's my opinion after all I do own a Zten, have been using this phone from February 2013.

12-29-13 11:09 AM
61 123