Having similar problem in Eastern Ontario. Am with Virgin Mobile, possible cause is that although LTE is advertised only one cell tower of many is equipped and signal strength varies according to location. Mostly low 1-2 bars, if I leave network selection on HSPA+/UMTS I always am showing full strength, however in messing around since the up date notice that instead of just low signal strength I now get "no signal" or "sim not valid". This never happened before 10.2.1 It's is my understanding that LTE uses more power and really just affects browsing speed which isn't really a concern for me. Also setting the network selection to anything with GSM in my case accomplishes nothing as Virgin doesn't use this mode.
    02-06-14 07:13 AM
    Is it cold when u lose signal ? I noticed when it's -20c to +10 degrees outside and the battery temp is under 18celsius 64F when I open the screen light the phone loses 4G with BlackBerry logo says 4g loses bars get red X and then restores it's bar I think the antenna in the back freezes or the battery doesn't like running that low in temperature my solution is keep it warm or keep NFC activated which heats up the back cover when it's cold to avoid signal loss ! Plz tell me if u notice this issue more when ur phone is cold
    02-06-14 07:17 AM
    Over the last few months in the UK various networks have been either working on masts or dtopping masts altogether while the work on them to get them 4G ready. This has resulted in previouly reliable networks going between just patchy and downright unreliable.

My network gave me a good signal till I changed to the Z10....and I thought my signal issues were related to the phone. However, out yesterday and I had full signal bars where there had been none before. The Tesco signal....O2 masts....is now strong.

A spare Orange sim in an ordinary little 2g phone is on permanent sos.

If your phone is hunting for signal all the time it eill waer your battery down quite quickly.
    02-06-14 07:23 AM
    Over the last few months in the UK various networks have been either working on masts or dtopping masts altogether while the work on them to get them 4G ready. This has resulted in previouly reliable networks going between just patchy and downright unreliable.

My network gave me a good signal till I changed to the Z10....and I thought my signal issues were related to the phone. However, out yesterday and I had full signal bars where there had been none before. The Tesco signal....O2 masts....is now strong.

A spare Orange sim in an ordinary little 2g phone is on permanent sos.

If your phone is hunting for signal all the time it eill waer your battery down quite quickly.

Put ur phone in the freezer a few minutes and check if it happens right after you open the display ?
    02-21-14 09:20 AM
    I had the same problem with my z10 and i am with virgin as well. Just got off the phone with tech support and they told me to turn it off, remove the battery, remove the sim, then put them back in and start it up again. It seems to have fixed it so far. It was constantly finding and then losing signal. It's been on steady for a bit now. And they told me to reboot it weekly
    This is absolute garbage advice, what would they have said had you had a Q5 or z30...
    Glad your phone is working now.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 09:39 AM
30 12