I have the Z10 on Virgin wireless in Canada (Toronto) which I am pretty sure has full access to the Bell network.

I do have an LTE sim card, and my phone is activated on the network.

at least 15 times a day (that I notice) I have lost my cell signal and have a red "x" where my signal bars should be. Within a minute it comes back and everything is back to normal.

my battery is also draining rather quickly, I cant help but think it has to do with this issue.

also, when I have a full signal it says "H" should it not say "LTE" .. I have never seen "LTE"

my network settings is set at LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM

any info to enlighten me is appreciated.

not sure if its a phone call to tech support or a new sim card or swap the z10 .. but something is out of whack.

LOVE THE Z10 THOUGH! its a total sexy beast and my friends love it too! Everyone that touches it and plays with it wants one and has total phone envy! No lie!
    02-17-13 04:15 AM
    Hi westend0r,

I'm on the o2 network in the UK, on the first day I got this phone I had this problem with the signal dropping (after contacting o2, they determined the masts within the area were at fault) . After that my signal has been super strong on this phone. Getting H+ almost everywhere I go (which hasn't been the case with previous phones)

Have you contacted VM about this? "VM here have awful customer Service"

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:18 AM
    thanks for your response sgt_snacks-64

I do find at home it happens less than when I am at work which is in different area of city.So one would thing it would be a tower issue but I have dug to the bottom of the internet with no success of finding a similar issue. I did see an iphone issue where there was a glitch when the phone switched from LTE to 3G which kinda seems plausible.

I really don't want to swap my bb, and do hope its a network issue. I am hoping to find someone that had same issue on same network that has an absolute answer for me. dealing with customer service Im sure, will have me bouncing around with their trouble shooting team for weeks.

id love to go to them with my problem and the answer to expedite this quickly.
    02-17-13 04:35 AM
    Might very well be worth just walking into a store and asking if you don't want to deal with them over the phone. They should be able to help you from there

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:42 AM

LOVE THE Z10 THOUGH! its a total sexy beast and my friends love it too! Everyone that touches it and plays with it wants one and has total phone envy! No lie!

Couldn't agree with you more here! everyone I'm showing my Z10 to is really impressed with this thing. From the time shift camera up to hijacking the X box with my own tunes

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:44 AM
    I had this problem.

I got my unlocked Z10 and I lost signal 15-20 times a day. I called up my carrier and they said it could be one of two reasons:
    1. It is because I cut my sim card by myself (not the official carrier microsim)
    2. My device needed an update

I exchanged my DIY sim card for an official microsim AND updated my software.

Since then, I only lose signal about 2-3 times a day.
    02-17-13 04:44 AM
    1. It is because I cut my sim card by myself (not the official carrier microsim)
    Can't vouch for this myself as I used an official carrier micro sim from day one. But I'm sure so long as you didn't cut through the contacts or got the contacts damaged during the cutting process you should be golden

I've had old sim cards in the past that have got manky cause signal issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 04:52 AM
    Hi, I have solved my issue as below:

1- I have changed my (old Cuted sim card) to an original micro sim from my network provider) recommended but still did not solved my problem
    2- the network provider asked me to go to their application (For us it is named {SIM} No idea if you have that in your country or not) where you will find the options and settings and more features from your service provider, one of the options available is (Roaming) which my network provider asked me to disable the auto roaming. (this solved my problem).
    02-17-13 05:12 AM
    thanks axiombh, just did that now. Will let you know!
    02-17-13 05:35 AM
    I had the same problem with my z10 and i am with virgin as well. Just got off the phone with tech support and they told me to turn it off, remove the battery, remove the sim, then put them back in and start it up again. It seems to have fixed it so far. It was constantly finding and then losing signal. It's been on steady for a bit now. And they told me to reboot it weekly
    02-18-13 06:07 PM
    I have the Z10 on Virgin wireless in Canada (Toronto) which I am pretty sure has full access to the Bell network.

I do have an LTE sim card, and my phone is activated on the network.

at least 15 times a day (that I notice) I have lost my cell signal and have a red "x" where my signal bars should be. Within a minute it comes back and everything is back to normal.

my battery is also draining rather quickly, I cant help but think it has to do with this issue.

also, when I have a full signal it says "H" should it not say "LTE" .. I have never seen "LTE"

my network settings is set at LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM

any info to enlighten me is appreciated.

not sure if its a phone call to tech support or a new sim card or swap the z10 .. but something is out of whack.

Im with rogers in toronto area and mine does it too periodically - it goes right back up as quickly as it went down - some times it says no cellular conection when there are 3 clrearly visible bars still.
    @ this point in time it doesnt seem to be a major problem for me. It is a little weird though I might say.
    Last edited by TheCLEANSER; 02-18-13 at 07:08 PM. Reason: left out some thing
    02-18-13 07:07 PM
    Mine is locked to Rogers & honestly i have never lost LTE unless i am not in a LTE zone or where signal gets lost to the max.

I get LTE in places where my iPhone 5 & S3 never got LTE.
    02-18-13 07:24 PM
    Yes I am with Virgin and I find I have the same issue ( i am in Alberta). It drives me crazy and found i never had this problem with my BB Bold. I thought I must have something set wrong on the phone
    02-18-13 08:02 PM
    I'm on Rogers and i've never had this problem.
    02-18-13 08:04 PM
    Yes I am with Virgin and I find I have the same issue ( i am in Alberta). It drives me crazy and found i never had this problem with my BB Bold. I thought I must have something set wrong on the phone
    None of the Bold's have LTE on them.. They have EDGE, 3G & H+ ( Bold 9900 does). It could be the area & the LTE signal which may not be as far as it can be.
    02-18-13 08:15 PM
    I did two things and it fixed the issue completely. First of all, since my phone is unlocked, I switched carriers. I also now use am official micro sim from the carrier.

Works flawlessly now. I used to have the network loss problem 10-15 times a day (emergency calls only or no data connection).

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 04:07 AM
    sounds like a defective unit
    02-21-13 04:10 AM
    I'm still using the same phone. Just switched carriers.

I have not had this problem since switching networks and using an official micro sim.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 07:18 AM
    Hooray!
    I had the same issue and found a solution which is very simple. Switch off "Data Services" and wait(!) until it is locking in with "4g".
    Then switch on "Data Services" again. You should see "4G" and no more carrier errors. Voil�

Worked with me with Vodafone D2 Germany, BBZ10 (OS 10.0.10.99)

Hope that helps.
    Cheers
    Fr�d�ric
    03-27-13 03:33 AM
    No issues here... get 4G throughout. Try to get an actual micro sim
    03-27-13 03:36 AM
    No issues here... get 4G throughout. Try to get an actual micro sim
    Hi, not sure if you meant me. The card is about 1y old. It worked when I started with my BBZ10, now it works again after the little "trick". Not sure why it should be the sim card then.
    Looks more like switching carrier solved the issue for those but probably switching data services off/on should have been enough.
    The only point I do not understand is why a battery reset did not help.
    Frederic
    03-27-13 03:44 AM
    Hi, not sure if you meant me. The card is about 1y old. It worked when I started with my BBZ10, now it works again after the little "trick". Not sure why it should be the sim card then.
    Looks more like switching carrier solved the issue for those but probably switching data services off/on should have been enough.
    The only point I do not understand is why a battery reset did not help.
    Frederic
    Well seeing that not many are having this issue on 10.99 it would be:
    - carrier related issue (how service in your area is, spotty or not)
    - sim card (actual micro sim would be ideal, then you have one less variable)

one thing you can try, seeing as the sim is a year old, you can ensure the sim is updated for 4G/LTE (carrier will do this) or you may get a new sim altogether! Hope this helps. I don't see the need to have to turn the data services off then on again...shouldn't need to go through all that to get proper service.
    03-27-13 04:00 AM
    Hi

I lose signal straight after making a call. Prior to making a call the signal if full but as soon as I end the coverage bar changes through stages to eventually display the red exclamation mark for no signal. It then finds signal again and I can make another call. This whole process can take 20-30 seconds from ending a call before i am able to make another.

Can anyone help. I am on Vodafone UK.

Peter
    01-31-14 07:50 AM
    I'm having the same issue with Verizon here in the states

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:12 AM
    Having similar problem in Eastern Ontario. Am with Virgin Mobile, possible cause is that although LTE is advertised only one cell tower of many is equipped and signal strength varies according to location. Mostly low 1-2 bars, if I leave network selection on HSPA+/UMTS I always am showing full strength, however in messing around since the up date notice that instead of just low signal strength I now get "no signal" or "sim not valid". This never happened before 10.2.1 It's is my understanding that LTE uses more power and really just affects browsing speed which isn't really a concern for me. Also setting the network selection to anything with GSM in my case accomplishes nothing as Virgin doesn't use this mode.
    01-31-14 08:44 AM
30 12