02-05-14 12:16 PM
352 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Battery life stinks and lack of apps are the only real complaints I have. The voice dictation could be better, but it's a 1st build. Updates will improve that. App availability is still an issue and battery life.....well.....this is very disappointing.

Solid device otherwise
    05-09-13 10:12 PM
    BassSoLow, I think you summerized what a lot of other people said very well. I do not mean this as argumenative but more in the spirit of discussion. I do understand what you are saying but I disagree. Missing features and glitches? What you are essentially saying is we all bought a beta version. What other product would you pay top dollar for a beta version. Would we accept if of software? Would you accept it from a car? When they rolled out the Z10 at the same price point at other "smart phones" I think we had the right to expect they would be "glitch free" for the most part but everyone keeps making excuses for the phone short comings. "Its New".."They are working on it"..."it will be taken care of in the update that no one knows exactly when it is coming but it is right around the corner" Blackberry by their own statements held the phone back for almost a year because they wanted it "right" when they unveiled it.
    To your point about what the average joe smartphone user wants. I get that, I totally understand it but my point is this why not give the masses what they want and keep what you built your reputation on. I want the music and the camera and the other stuff but not at the expense of what blackberry has always given me and that is a productivity tool that no other can match. What the Z10 is right now essentially a poor clone of the Android or IOS. Everyone will shout at me that the Z10 is superior to those devices in this way and that way but look at the long list of current issues the Z10 has that the others dont have. Right now the Z10 is flawed. I never said I didnt like it, All I have ever said is I am disapointed in what they left out. I think they missed the mark
    I can't help but agree. I love the hardware and the keyboard is dreamy but I find myself asking one question over and over again. " if blackberry announced that the phone is as now as it will always be, ( bugs fixed, but core features and functionality unchanged) would you be happy with it? And when I ask that my answer is no. And every day that I use it I get more confident with it and then the next minute I find an oversight. Today I realized that you can't even hit the call button to redial the last number. Even my two soup cans on s string do that! And why not be able to set your contact list to display favorites only, or just contacts with phone numbers when you access it from the phone app. I am holding on to this phone with the confidence that BlackBerry will make things better because the things that do work well such as the keyboard work ridiculously well.
    But then it changes and I ask myself why I just paid full pop for a phone that they admit still has things coming.....soon. and to make it worse, we as early adopters paid more than people with less confidence who decided to wait to see how it pans out before buying. I mean they couldn't even include a credit for app world or anything to at least say thank you for your confidence and faith? BlackBerry handed out phones left right and center to their " VIPs". That attended their conferences who then basically turned around and sold them on ebay to make money, while the true customer doesn't even get a thank you. The only thing I hear is " yup, that's coming soon, that too, and that. "
    I love BlackBerry. Currently I own a 9700, 9780, 9800, 9900, playbook and my z10. But I also have a nexus 7, galaxy nexus and a nexus 4 ( yes it's a problem and one day I'll get help) but Il be damned if sometimes I didnt just think that they are just making it so hard to love them and the harder I push, the harder they push back.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

EDIT: I can't even fathom attempting to type all that out on my Nexus 4. I've never had such an easy time typing a long letter/story/post as I have with this phone. Did I mention I love the keyboard?
    Last edited by Sporatic; 05-09-13 at 11:06 PM.
    05-09-13 10:33 PM
    Seriously? Before you complain about the Z10 not having the ability to do certain things...read the "Help" section loaded on your phone! Go to Settings>scroll to the bottom>click on Accessibility>turn on "magnify mode". It is a little button that slides to turn on. You can now pinch and zoom your email font size as large as you want along with just about every other page on your phone in existence.
    Seriously? Before you comment maybe you should read the post you are commenting on. I am very well aware of the pinch and magnify feature. But as I said in my post which if you had actually read it and not just reacted to it you would have seen I said, that is not an option for longer emails. Have you ever tried to scroll side to side in long emails? That makes no sense at all when previous devices gave the option to choose the print size.
    05-09-13 10:40 PM
    Thanks Grumpy! I didnt say I dont like my Z10 I said I was very disapointed. I think you are the only one who got that. I was expecting the next gen BB to be an improvement on what we had come to expect BB to be. But I guess they thought it was more important to be more like droid and IOS. They improved the camera and music funtionality but dropped alot of the functionality Business users increased productivity with. I am loyal to the brand and went with the Z10 for that reason just questioning at this point if BB is still loyal to its BB(Bread and Butter) Business users
    Don't mention it, sir. You're not alone. I'm 1000% with you. Like the z. Just wish they had Stuck with some of the legacy stuff.

Heck, couldn't be too hard to make it so you could enable or disable it/them in settings....

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:51 PM
    Where r the apps!?!?!????!?

!?!?
    I think the real question is how many apps does any one person actually use? What's the point of having 500K apps if a person consistently uses 6, 8, 10, 12? And, how do developers deal with having their app floating in a vast ocean of apps? I think the practicability of the offered apps should be the real debate, not the total number.
    05-09-13 11:01 PM
    I think the real question is how many apps does any one person actually use? What's the point of having 500K apps if a person consistently uses 6, 8, 10, 12? And, how do developers deal with having their app floating in a vast ocean of apps? I think the practicability of the offered apps should be the real debate, not the total number.
    Well when you have millions of users, not all of them are looking for the same thing so while each person doesn't need 500K apps, there is a greater chance of finding what you are looking for. Would you rather walk into a bar with 20 of your closest friends to only find one girl in there, or would you rather find 100 in there waiting for you?
    05-09-13 11:04 PM
    I agree. But I'd rather have too many apps (if there is such a thing) than too few.

Outside of Google Apps, I have maybe 10 apps I use daily/weekly. These are apps that are serious business enhancers for me.

None are on BBRY currently, and I haven't found functional alternatives.

Just 10.
    05-09-13 11:08 PM
    Outside of the crappy battery life I am quite pleased with my Z10. While the battery life hasn't been a problem because I bought the charger pack, I would have liked the phone to last longer on a single charge.

I love the hub, the keyboard, the browser, the gestures and much more.
    05-09-13 11:10 PM
    I find it amazing when folks who actually bring up VERY ligitimate issues and post them here, that flippant answers come back. Now, it is possible that SOME folks, like me and the op apparently, actually buy devices to boost their productivity, rather than watch movies and play games --- also important to many--- I get that.

Let's not forget, BB got its stripes pushing and excelling with the business productivity benefits. The other stuff is good and wanted as well, but IMHO NOT at the cost of the legacy functionality that many of us came to love and depend on.

SO for the OP: Do I like the Z10, yes? AM I dissappointed in several aspects of it? YES. Basically the detriment of what I thought was core, legacy, functionality.
    I have said this numerous times that the Q10 should be the go-to BBRY device for BB10. Better battery, short cut keys, smaller form factor... it's classic BBRY. It's business BBRY.

I feel like there are so many better options than the Z10 for a full touch device. I love pinning contacts (or groups) to the Start Screen of my WP8 and 'speed dialing' with only a press or two of the screen. And I love the solid build of the 920, no issues rebooting - FULL STOP. Then there's the GS4 and HTC One for Android lovers... etc. etc.

Personally, I want more options like the Q10. More legacy functionality and less Instagram fluff, because BBRY is about efficiency, productivity, stability, and longevity... at least it used to be. I DON'T want another iOS wanna-be, in fact, I want the opposite.

Am I disappointed? A little and a little hopeful. Right now, I think WP8 is the best 3rd option going especially with Nokia doing hardware, and dev's pumping the top apps into WP8 to run natively under the Metro UI with Live Tile support (a very powerful, but simple feature). But, I think BBRY has a shot, lots of potential, and a reputation to uphold. Right now, they need to really hear the community and do their best to add those features and apps.
    05-09-13 11:32 PM
    I am new to this forum and there's so much to see here. I don't use phones and am more a tablet guy. My primary 2 tablets are the Playbook (of course) and a Samsung Galaxy tab2. Both are amazing and have very special features which are unique to them. I haven't had the good fortune to use a Z10 as they are rather costy but heard they were pretty amazing with a lot of very unique features such as peek and hide and the time lapse camera. I can't really see anyone being disapointed in a Z10, but that's just my humble opinion. I think its a really special time in Blackberry's history in which they are re-inventing themselves.
    05-09-13 11:51 PM
    That's an interesting point.I have about 90 apps on each of my tablets and my girlfriend tells me I have way to many, but these are apps in many categories such as games, office, media and of course Angry Birds. I just enjpy having many apps so I can cycle through them and not be bored..
    05-09-13 11:58 PM
    I agree that it was disappointing the they left out things that I was accustomed to, furious actually in the beginning. It's a good phone with a good BUT very infant OS. I get that it has to develop. But I don't agree that it should have to develop after release just to catch up to where it was before the release of the new handset. we're vested now so we're waiting impatiently to see if nothing gets fixed hut had we known that what we were used to was getting butchered, we'd not have does this in the first place.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 12:27 AM
    I agree that I miss some things from my 9900, but they do not come close to outweighing the awesomeness of the Z10. Not disappointed at all.

Posted via CB10
    sbx9900 likes this.
    05-10-13 12:30 AM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    05-10-13 12:54 AM
    First the z10 has up to 9 people you can speed dial. Just hold down on name contacts or people who have already phoned you and press the star.
    Love my z10.
    05-10-13 01:02 AM
    If I am assuming the right thing, BlackBerry's target market for the Z10 are the present full touchscreen smartphone users from other platforms who love the screen real estate more than the keyboard. However, to increase productivity, BlackBerry innovated with the virtual keyboard which makes typing a breeze.

My wife, who is a proud Z10 owner, loves her phone. It serves her purposes - facebook, youtube, etc. She also loves the virtual keyboard, I tell you.

However, the OP seems to have forgotten that for those who have productivity and messaging/communication foremost in mind, BlackBerry is offering the Q10. So maybe, the OP should wait for the Q10 first before making some noise. If the Q10 does not meet his expectations, then we will gladly read his legitimate concerns.
    05-10-13 01:27 AM
    Is this supposed to be the roll call forum for all the apple employee trolls on CB?

Apple sux. BlackBerry is better and Z10 is the best phone on the market.
    It all boils down to the PC vs Mac debate. Mac is for the tech illiterate and I'm convinced BlackBerry users have higher IQs on average.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-10-13 02:18 AM
    I have yet to have any issues w my Z10, almost 2 months now and no problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:25 AM
    I LOVE my Z10. No issues, everything is smooth and fine. No, I'm not a BB fanboy.

I'm just a proud owner of this great device.
    05-10-13 02:31 AM
    Not at all disappointed with my Z10 nor my Q10. BlackBerry Link is a POS though lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 02:38 AM
    No, no and more no.
    05-10-13 06:50 AM
    Totally in the same boat. The Z10 has been a real disappointment.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:04 AM
    Hey Thunder, Thanks for that tip, it is a good solution! You are a Crackberry Genius! This is exactly why I started this post. I am willing to accept that I may have to learn how to do things differently with new technology as long as I can accomplish what I have in the past on "legacy" devices. Any other suggestions for my other issues?
    Thank You
    This is a very good tip that I didn't know about either. Almost like swiping down on the virtual keyboard to switch between alpha to symbols mode and back, and swiping left on the keyboard to delete a word at a time.

So there are favorite/pinned numbers where you can pin up to 9 in the phone app itself, and in the contacts app you can have as many favorited contacts as you like and it puts them as tiles at the top of the list. Good to know!
    05-10-13 08:22 AM
    I would definitely say there are a lot more people who don't care..

Now when BlackBerry launches a phablet with a large battery that docks directly into a dumb screen for a tablet experience people will take notice of something new.

Why would anyone notice "another new phone" unless your on the lookout for blackberry. Iphone and android users are happy at the moment

Posted via CB10
    If I was happy with iphone I would of never purchased a Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:30 AM
    Select the contact you want the custom ring tone for and select edit and scroll down to the bottom you can change it

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 08:43 AM
352 ... 1011121314 ...