Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-img_00000051.png
    Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-img_00000050.png

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-09-13 12:27 PM
    How many speeddials do you need? I barely even have 9 people I talk to regularly...
    Just because you don't use all nine doesn't mean other ppl don't need it?
    Some ppl have businesses or work in environments where they deal with many ppl.

Where do you guys keep thinking because I don't have a problem with it no one else should mentality?

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-09-13 12:31 PM
    Where do you guys keep thinking because I don't have a problem with it no one else should mentality?

Posted via CB10
    Lol i was thinking exactly the same.. lots of people had NO problem using a pay phone 10 years ago

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:44 PM
    To the OP...and maybe this has been said...if so I apologize...

The Z10 is a new phone...this is uncharted territory for BlackBerry. Therefore, they are going to have missing features and glitches that need to be worked out. I know we all waited for years and years for BlackBerry to catch up and I see a lot of people asking, why are they so far behind if it took them this long to put out the Z10? That, I do not have an answer for. I think the OS should have been more refined and should have included more of the classic features that BlackBerry users have become acustomed to. However, here is the bottom line...and some out there may not want to hear this, but smart phones are not directed at business owners anymore. That's not the key market. It's everday users. BlackBerry wanted to give the average joe smartphone user with an iPhone, Android, or Windows 8 phone another option and that is what they have done.
    05-09-13 12:56 PM
    People who said "No", please tell me how to erase picture in BBM Group.
    Ty
    05-09-13 01:22 PM
    I love my Z10 I think your just crazy

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-09-13 01:24 PM
    ....and can you tell me how to erase picture in BBM Group ???
    05-09-13 01:30 PM
    Voice dialing definitely a frustrating feature of Z10...

Speed dials would be nice...

but my phone doesn't reboot randomly...hasn't done it once...but I know a lot of people have experienced it....
    What was frustrating about voice dialing? That was one positive to the Z10 in my opinion.
    05-09-13 01:32 PM
    People who said "No", please tell me how to erase picture in BBM Group.
    Ty
    People who say "No" AND uses BBM, please answer the question.

Remember, just because you use it doesn't mean other folks do. So for the way THEY use their phone, it's not a disappointment to them. I, for one, have never even turned on the BBM app since I've owned phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 01:57 PM
    No! I f**king love my Z10, it's seriously an amazing piece of kit and I love watching Android and iPhone users drool over it and go "oooh that's cool" when using it. Hashtag massive smiley face.
    That's never happened to me once yet so that says something. I totally love my Z10 and BlackBerry but if you want to talk up BlackBerry, be prepared to back yourself up. For some people, their friends and people who see their Z10 "drool" over it and some couldn't care less. There's just as many people who don't care, maybe more, than people who do and go "oo whats that!!"
    05-09-13 02:39 PM
    I would definitely say there are a lot more people who don't care..

Now when BlackBerry launches a phablet with a large battery that docks directly into a dumb screen for a tablet experience people will take notice of something new.

Why would anyone notice "another new phone" unless your on the lookout for blackberry. Iphone and android users are happy at the moment

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 03:02 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am?
    Not I. Am very happy.
    05-09-13 03:28 PM
    ....and can you tell me how to erase picture in BBM Group ???
    I just uploaded a picture to a BBM group on my STL 100-3 Z10 with BB10.0.1.116 (latest official AT&T release)

I then closed BBM

After opening BBM, I selected Groups, then Pictures. Here I can see the picture I just uploaded.

I select the picture and it opens on the top half of the screen with the comments section below it. From there, I press the overflow (3 vertical dots) button on the bottom right, and in the overflow menu, the bottom option is "Delete Picture"

If you are not able to do this, I am wondering if you are trying to delete another group member's picture (that you didn't upload). I haven't tested that, and would wonder if you might need group level permissions to delete other people's pictures, in which case the option might not be there. I am sure others can verify this.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    05-09-13 04:15 PM
    I'm just returning a Q10 I've had for 2 days. Keyboard is marvellous, but texting window is too small to read large conversations, email function is clumsy, there's no possibility of any stand working to set the unit to charge on overnight in beside mode, and the much vaunted "hub" is a retrograde step on the excellent favourite options on my old 9700. Im returning to that and waiting for BB to rethink things for people who want a business phone first and have a touch screen/game playing consiole far down their list of priorities.
    05-09-13 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helfy View Post
    I agree with the speed dial part. Additionally I am doubly upset about the lack of a decent FaceBook application AND where is InstaGram??? BB surely must have known the importance of Social media and Smartphones? They had plenty of time to get these apps ready. I think they have terrible strategy and this will end up costing them in the long run. I am considering the Samsung S4.
    Wtf... so you are telling me BlackBerry developped the original instagram??? that's news to me...

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Believe it or not, there are STILL some people that think EVERY app on BlackBerry World was developed by BlackBerry themsleves!! Its totally crazy, but its true. It blows my mind!

I mean, if one of these people go to a website they don't like, are they like "C'mon Microsoft!! Build a better website!!!" because they assume everything they see on their MS WIndows computer (even the Internet) was developed by Microsoft?!?!?!?
    05-09-13 05:51 PM
    That�s true blackberry has a lot bugs , a lot issues , no apps and no proper OS . but there is few facts we can�t ignore ,

1.Best Email function , none of android or iPhone can match that system
    2.BBM hub one of the best notifying system
    3.App switching system
    4.Predictive typing is awesome
    5.Fewer apps means they�re easier to find
    These are facts?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    21stNow likes this.
    05-09-13 05:54 PM
    What I am talking about is only having 9 speed dial buttons. On my Bold every key on the keyboard was a speed dial button. For Business users we have a need for more than 9 speed dial numbers.
    You can set as many speed dials as you want. Just set favorite contacts. You can do it for as many as you want. Now, they show up as tiles, and aren't associated to key pad buttons, but that seems like a fairly small distinction, no?
    05-09-13 05:56 PM
    As of right now I wouldn't think so, but you never know what the future holds. someone dingleberry'd (jail broke) the PlayBook on the part and BlackBerry patched it in days.

Posted via CB10
    that was also fixed pre-2.0,,, can't be done anymore unless you find a virgin playbook,,, i was surprised to find the one i bought in Nov. '12 still had 1.xxx on it...
    05-09-13 06:30 PM
    No happy with mine. I don't care about speed dial. You should just sell it and buy something else.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:35 PM
    That is...If you're so disappointed in it.....

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:37 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    It sounds like the Q10 would be a better fit for you. Its more of a business phone than the Z10 and you will love the extra battery life the Q10 gives you
    05-09-13 06:40 PM
    Good post. By showing your honest discontent we all learn if its isolated or not. I've read from more than one person that Blackberry monitors this forum so posting, again, honest concerns should give them heads up what they need to get to work on.
    05-09-13 08:58 PM
    To the OP...and maybe this has been said...if so I apologize...

The Z10 is a new phone...this is uncharted territory for BlackBerry. Therefore, they are going to have missing features and glitches that need to be worked out. I know we all waited for years and years for BlackBerry to catch up and I see a lot of people asking, why are they so far behind if it took them this long to put out the Z10? That, I do not have an answer for. I think the OS should have been more refined and should have included more of the classic features that BlackBerry users have become acustomed to. However, here is the bottom line...and some out there may not want to hear this, but smart phones are not directed at business owners anymore. That's not the key market. It's everday users. BlackBerry wanted to give the average joe smartphone user with an iPhone, Android, or Windows 8 phone another option and that is what they have done.
    BassSoLow, I think you summerized what a lot of other people said very well. I do not mean this as argumenative but more in the spirit of discussion. I do understand what you are saying but I disagree. Missing features and glitches? What you are essentially saying is we all bought a beta version. What other product would you pay top dollar for a beta version. Would we accept if of software? Would you accept it from a car? When they rolled out the Z10 at the same price point at other "smart phones" I think we had the right to expect they would be "glitch free" for the most part but everyone keeps making excuses for the phone short comings. "Its New".."They are working on it"..."it will be taken care of in the update that no one knows exactly when it is coming but it is right around the corner" Blackberry by their own statements held the phone back for almost a year because they wanted it "right" when they unveiled it.
    To your point about what the average joe smartphone user wants. I get that, I totally understand it but my point is this why not give the masses what they want and keep what you built your reputation on. I want the music and the camera and the other stuff but not at the expense of what blackberry has always given me and that is a productivity tool that no other can match. What the Z10 is right now essentially a poor clone of the Android or IOS. Everyone will shout at me that the Z10 is superior to those devices in this way and that way but look at the long list of current issues the Z10 has that the others dont have. Right now the Z10 is flawed. I never said I didnt like it, All I have ever said is I am disapointed in what they left out. I think they missed the mark
    05-09-13 09:44 PM
    Good post. By showing your honest discontent we all learn if its isolated or not. I've read from more than one person that Blackberry monitors this forum so posting, again, honest concerns should give them heads up what they need to get to work on.
    Thank You Java that was my intent. Apparently some didnt get that they took offense none was meant as I am a loyal BB user.
    05-09-13 09:47 PM
    You can set as many speed dials as you want. Just set favorite contacts. You can do it for as many as you want. Now, they show up as tiles, and aren't associated to key pad buttons, but that seems like a fairly small distinction, no?
    Hey Thunder, Thanks for that tip, it is a good solution! You are a Crackberry Genius! This is exactly why I started this post. I am willing to accept that I may have to learn how to do things differently with new technology as long as I can accomplish what I have in the past on "legacy" devices. Any other suggestions for my other issues?
    Thank You
    05-09-13 10:11 PM
352 ... 910111213 ...