I am very happy with my z10. I hated my bold for the fact that in a pinch at kids activities it allow me to remember the fact it had horrible camera when I tried to capture a moment with it. Sorry yours reboots but mine hasn't rebooted once.

Speed dial, has to be a limit somewhere, but i see you point. Font wise, I would have thought the larger screen would offset the larger font and smaller screen on the bold.
    Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:56 AM
    Wow! FREE birdseed! And so conveniently placed under a huge boulder, too!

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 06:59 AM
    I liked the device a lot, however it was hard for me to get over certain things such as the bad battery, and lack of push notifications for my favorite applications (also a few other things). I like the keyboard,browser, and hub. But in all honesty I feel like the z10 is inferior to my iphone. I understand that os10 is a new platform and that it needs time to mature. I found it extremely hard to commit full time to it especially with my iPhone and now my Galaxy s4 sitting in front of me. I'll probably check for blackberry later this year or spring of next year.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    Besides being on contract for a little while longer, I too find these "issues" something that has held me back from immediately diving into the BB10 platform as a primary device. I am patient enough to wait for the updates and quirks to be resolved through updates. I have yet to decide whether I will return to the Q or the Z model as I have always preferred the QWERTY keyboards on my Bolds and Curve. In NO way am I saying that the platform isn't unique, yet the lack of (almost) instantaneous email and a couple other items must be resolved in the near future in order for me to return to the company I have relied upon for over a decade to keep me instantly updated on my day to day business operations. Am I impressed with my Android device and its inability to keep my information secure, NOT even a little bit. Did my iPhone4 perform as I demand from a business tool (NOWHERE near close ... Canceled contract and gave it to a teenager who appreciated it). I look forward to returning to Blackberry when I feel that the platform has returned to its former status of a few years ago.
    05-09-13 07:04 AM
    The only complaint I have, is not being able to assign custom ringtone profiles for individual contacts....unless I'm missing something and somebody can help me out....
    I never tried it but if you go to the contact application, choose the contact you want to have a different ring tone, yo to edit and school down to ringtone. You can assign the default one or a different one

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:08 AM
    The option to do so is there, it just doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 07:47 AM
    One persistent troll just made a permanent departure. The weekend is approaching and a few high profile weekend bans always encourages good forum etiquette and a more friendly discussion.
    [warn]Debate the topic and products, not the other members.[/warn]
    SDTRMG and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-09-13 09:20 AM
    iPhone vs Z10 is probably the trues battle of trade-offs....

iPhone, while the OS is a little stale, as the most support out of any mobile phone in existence today. Accessories, Car integration, App support, Carrier support, supply chain support. iPhone has a storefront and great ground level customer support. iPhone has cross device compatibility (OSX, iPad, iPhone, iPod all can share data seamlessly) I do feel, that BB10 is more advanced than iOS, if you leave out apps that extend the functionality of the OS. I own 2 iPads and like them for the simplicity and amazing tablet level apps.

I own a Nexus 7, and if it wasn't so cheap and if Apple decides to release a retina Mini, I would own an iPad Mini instead. I personally think the hardware innards are complete crap and hope for an Snapdragon 600 or 800 upgrade in a few weeks.
    as much as i dislike anything ipple, you bring up a good point,,, just about EVERYTHING is ipple compatible,,, you can't walk by a devices in ANY catagory, (tv, sound, video), that doesn't a few that have a dock or some type of integration for them,(ipple),,, now THAT'S how you command the market, having manufacturers doing the work for you,, BB needs to take a lesson from them in this & their marketing dept....
    05-09-13 09:24 AM
    I never tried it but if you go to the contact application, choose the contact you want to have a different ring tone, yo to edit and school down to ringtone. You can assign the default one or a different one
    The option to do so is there, it just doesn't work
    Works for me, so this may be one of the items fixed in 10.1.0.1627
    05-09-13 09:29 AM
    Another "disappointment" would be BBM's Video and Voice features which are still unavailable here in the UAE, but it can wait. ;-P

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:31 AM
    I have had several BB's over the past few years, last one being the 9900, fantastic device. I should point out I'm not a business user. Now have the Z10. Iv'e been fortunate never to have had any problems reported for all my devices. Saying that, I don't think I used half of the features, didn't think I needed them, but they were there if I did. I do miss some features from the 9900, delete on handheld being one of them. The Z10 does what I want it to do, and does it well. One of the downside for me are ported apps! Yes it gives you more choice, but also more potential problems. I understand why BB did this, and hope developers don't become lazy and rely on porting rather than developing native apps.
    05-09-13 09:40 AM
    Triple NO

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keep Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    What he said!

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-09-13 09:46 AM
    Seriously? Before you complain about the Z10 not having the ability to do certain things...read the "Help" section loaded on your phone! Go to Settings>scroll to the bottom>click on Accessibility>turn on "magnify mode". It is a little button that slides to turn on. You can now pinch and zoom your email font size as large as you want along with just about every other page on your phone in existence.
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    05-09-13 09:58 AM
    I think you should post to "Returning my Z10 " thread...

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Z10
    05-09-13 10:04 AM
    So BB10 can't be hacked?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    As of right now I wouldn't think so, but you never know what the future holds. someone dingleberry'd (jail broke) the PlayBook on the part and BlackBerry patched it in days.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:24 AM
    Where r the apps!?!?!????!?

!?!?
    05-09-13 10:31 AM
    People are in denial about BB. Its not what everyone said it would be..
    Do you write everything in bold for your work and personal emails just to make it seem more important?

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-09-13 10:37 AM
    Anyone expecting a 100% perfect experience out of the box is delusional. Even Kevin on his speed dial rant for the q10 the issue is already resolved. I sent a laundry list of improvements to make in an email to Michael Chewley here is a brief list.

UPDATES - updates to the facebook app- share edit features, news feed issues/twitter- improved search functionality

OS improvements -

1. profile customization like bbos7 devices
    2. standard built in full LED customization(blinks colours) for profiles/contacts/hub notifications
    3. holster profile customization leds/sounds etc
    4. more built in ringtones/notification sounds
    5. battery percentage/data transfer indicator/date options top of status bar
    6. background api
    7. 3rd party hub integration
    8. multiple alarms can be set within alarm clock
    9. fix random reboots
    10. more battery improvements
    11. Better Blackberry world searching options/improved layout
    12. flash zoom for timeshift/panorama
    13. ability to pin active frames/playbook swipe to close
    14. group sorting for contacts
    15. Ability to lockscreen wallpaper instead of one for both lockscreen / home screen
    16. select all options in hub
    17. more drop down settings options - brightness, switching connections airplane mode etc
    18. customization for lock screen options
    19. ability to custom modify shortcut keys at bottom
    20. list or group view options for browser bookmarks
    21. extra voice command controls
    22. improve blackberry bridge function
    23. better photo sorting and viewing options
    24. standard music app equalizer - more tabs (songs/artists at bottom)
    25. File management - ability to hide files/folders, password protect them
    26. Two way outlook sync with blackberry link
    27. Japanese/Korean language support
    28. larger notification on charging
    29. more 3rd party app support
    30. ability to go to next message in hub
    31. better update notifications for software updates/app update notifications without checking for updates
    32. jellybean runtime
    33. landscape mode for apps

apps -

blackberry traffic
    RSS reader
    podcast app
    standard stock app

This was his reply:

Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-img_00000282.png

BlackBerry knows of the issues and they will be resolved. The z10 has the most room for growth of any of the platforms and after 10.1 onwards you will be laughing.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-09-13 10:55 AM
    I think i may have finally solved the 2 way sync issues with outlook but if not that will be the end of my Z10. I am also struggling without the Auto BCC that my Bold had. I don't understand how they left off features that were in use with their older devices.
    05-09-13 11:09 AM
    The problem is Blackberrys backlog list probably looks like the USA military disability claims backlog. Fewer employees means fewer people to look after this stuff.

I personally think they shouldn't be releasing any new phones until BB10 is up to speed and upgraded to the playbook. But who am I to talk common sense

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:23 AM
    Wow! FREE birdseed! And so conveniently placed under a huge boulder, too!

Posted via CB10
    Meep Meep!
    05-09-13 11:24 AM
    Nope. My phone works just fine.
    05-09-13 11:52 AM
    One thing i think Blackberry have always failed on is that their operating systems, including BB10, they all just look boring. Yes, Blackberry is primarily aimed at business users who go to work in a shirt and tie, but they simply cannot ignore the non-business users who want a cool looking smartphone mainly for app use. This is why Blackberry sales have dropped because their handsets are no longer appealing.

I started with a Blackberry Curve, then went onto a Bold 9780 and loved both handsets because they did exactly what i wanted them to do. The whole reason i wanted a Blackberry in the first place was for BBM and Email. Now, all smartphones can handle email perfectly and as for BBM it's so damn annoying after a while. Endless, pointless broadcasts about nothing interesting and random adds from people in Indonesia or Dubai. No one i know uses BBM anymore and i personally deleted it. Whatsapp on the other hand is much better as it uses your mobile number so only people who have it can message you and it just feels more grown up.

The novelty of Blackberry soon wears off after you get fed up with constant reboots, downloading certain apps that end up crashing your handset then you have to do a security wipe ( happened twice), and as for the Desktop Software for PC don't even get me started on that useless piece of software. I only use it for data backups and nothing else!

The above is why tomorrow I am leaving Blackberry and ordering the new HTC One and the fact it is an Android smartphone is a breath of fresh air for me. I will still be keeping my 9780 as a spare handset though.
    ihys likes this.
    05-09-13 12:02 PM
    Another "disappointment" would be BBM's Video and Voice features which are still unavailable here in the UAE, but it can wait. ;-P

Could that have more to do with UAE, and less with BB?
    Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:04 PM
    The problem is Blackberrys backlog list probably looks like the USA military disability claims backlog. Fewer employees means fewer people to look after this stuff.

I personally think they shouldn't be releasing any new phones until BB10 is up to speed and upgraded to the playbook. But who am I to talk common sense

Are you in the US? The carriers control the updates so as to control the update as related to their restrictions.
    Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 12:06 PM
    How many speeddials do you need? I barely even have 9 people I talk to regularly...
    05-09-13 12:25 PM
352 ... 89101112 ...