You're right, I am a a disappointed user as well but not for the reasons you mentioned although you did bring up great points. My ddilemmas were q I th the ramdom reboots and lack of apps that were already available on my 9900. Then as you pointed out I started noticing that certain options from my 9900 were missing. One of the abilities which ended up pissing me off was the selection/copy/paste which was a pain in the *** to do. The other was the ability to delete multiple emails at the same time. On my 9900 I simply pressed and held and touched the last email I wanted to delete and boom, completw. On the Z10, you have to long press then choose on the side to select multiple messages then FINALLY start chooaing ONE BY ONE. Sooo, annoying! These are just 2 examples; anyways, I ended up returning it and couldn't be happier with my S4. It is alot more stable and faster than my Z10. I even tried sideloading apps and they just felt so sluggish and with the S4 they are so fast and Smooth! Anyways, this were just my 2 cents, I kmow it'll **** some hardcore bb fans like I was but I don't care, it's the truth.
    05-08-13 09:23 PM
    If you get HTML emails there is no Auto resize - blame whoever send you html.
    If the default typeset is too small just I create it (which will increase it everywhere).

Quick dial: I suppose they think it is easier to search for a cobtact, BUT I understand where you are coming from. Query BlackBerry about it?

Auto response to text mesaages? Why does one need that? What's next, auto respond to voice calls, emails? A text message can wait just as well as an email.
    I agree for personal texting but in business use when some one texts they are usually looking for a quick reply. What I use it for is when I am in the car the auto repsonse lets the texter know I am driving and they need to call me. It is highly useful and I know alot of others who do the same thing

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:24 PM
    To answer all your questions this would be a big reply. The Z10 has a speed dial that is tile based. You can use associated picture tiles of your contacts photos. Touching the tile will dial the phone. I have a fair number of speed dials set up and they work well.

The text size displayed can be changed. I left mine at default.

For the re-starts, maybe you installed a third party software that is the cause? I have seen this before. It is also possible a legitimate software became defective. I would make a backup of the phone with the Link software, and then re-install the OS. Then do a restore of only the contacts and notes. I would not reinstall the preferences at this point.

Run the phone for a number of days and see if it does any re-starts on its own. If not, now try to re-store the preferences. If the phone is okay you have no problem. If it starts the problem, this proves the preferences data has a problem.

I suggest you read the instruction manual to learn how to modify the setups of this phone. Go on YouTube and look for video tutorials. There are also some interesting tutorials on the Blackberry site. There are some options missing that are on the Bold series. I was told these are coming with the newer OS-10 updates. As the options are tested they will be released.

If your phone cannot be fixed with a re-install of the OS, I would suggest calling BB support. Let them try to help you out. If the problem persists maybe your phone will have to be serviced under warranty.

Blackberry OS-10 is very new. It was built from the ground up. It is very stable and it performs well. The Z10 functions very close to the Playbook for navigation.

We have a number of Z10's. They are used mostly for business work and some personal. I respond to many emails and phone calls throughout the day.

I have not used the voice command option with my Z10, but I read it is very good and it is supposed to work well.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-08-13 09:26 PM
    You're right, I am a a disappointed user as well but not for the reasons you mentioned although you did bring up great points. My ddilemmas were q I th the ramdom reboots and lack of apps that were already available on my 9900. Then as you pointed out I started noticing that certain options from my 9900 were missing. One of the abilities which ended up pissing me off was the selection/copy/paste which was a pain in the *** to do. The other was the ability to delete multiple emails at the same time. On my 9900 I simply pressed and held and touched the last email I wanted to delete and boom, completw. On the Z10, you have to long press then choose on the side to select multiple messages then FINALLY start chooaing ONE BY ONE. Sooo, annoying! These are just 2 examples; anyways, I ended up returning it and couldn't be happier with my S4. It is alot more stable and faster than my Z10. I even tried sideloading apps and they just felt so sluggish and with the S4 they are so fast and Smooth! Anyways, this were just my 2 cents, I kmow it'll **** some hardcore bb fans like I was but I don't care, it's the truth.
    I have those same issues too. I am a long time BB user and was hopeful that the Z10 was going to be the next generation of what we love but instead It is a poor clone of IPhone and Droid.
    05-08-13 09:30 PM
    This is hilareous. You were writing this as I was writing THIS... read my post.... lol.....
    Great Minds Think Alike!
    05-08-13 09:31 PM
    I have speed dial natively on my Z10 so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    What I am talking about is only having 9 speed dial buttons. On my Bold every key on the keyboard was a speed dial button. For Business users we have a need for more than 9 speed dial numbers.
    05-08-13 09:35 PM
    As a matter of fact... top gear already spoiled this myth!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JmxUs...%3DJmxUsGiGp3w

Go straight to 4:15.. even if it's off topic, it's always fun watching top gear anyways. Has been the best show on tv for 10 years

Posted via CB10
    Yes but if I remember correctly that sports car was doing un-sports car like things, I believe they had it doing a constant speed of 45 mph or something like that. If you want your 2013 smartphone to do un-2013 smartphone like things, then yes, you can get awesome battery life lol

Posted via CB10

Edit: just watched the video, was kinda right lol they had to stay behind the Primus
    05-08-13 09:36 PM
    It's been out for a couple of months. You've waited this long for the device. Not even the iPhone or Samsung series were perfect when initially launched.
    05-08-13 09:41 PM
    Everyone talks about apps as Android's selling point, and if people keep saying that, then people will tend to believe it. But the reality is more likely that 99% of people don't download 99% of the available apps, and those who do probably use them just a few times. And then let's not forget that most of the apps are useless: games that people will start, never finish, and either delete or only fire up when they're waiting in line at the airport; hackware meant to gain access to your phone; or just plain junk.

At the end of the day, phones are about communication, not apps or even customization.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-08-13 09:42 PM
    I find it amazing when folks who actually bring up VERY ligitimate issues and post them here, that flippant answers come back. Now, it is possible that SOME folks, like me and the op apparently, actually buy devices to boost their productivity, rather than watch movies and play games --- also important to many--- I get that.

Let's not forget, BB got its stripes pushing and excelling with the business productivity benefits. The other stuff is good and wanted as well, but IMHO NOT at the cost of the legacy functionality that many of us came to love and depend on.

SO for the OP: Do I like the Z10, yes? AM I dissappointed in several aspects of it? YES. Basically the detriment of what I thought was core, legacy, functionality.
    Thanks Grumpy! I didnt say I dont like my Z10 I said I was very disapointed. I think you are the only one who got that. I was expecting the next gen BB to be an improvement on what we had come to expect BB to be. But I guess they thought it was more important to be more like droid and IOS. They improved the camera and music funtionality but dropped alot of the functionality Business users increased productivity with. I am loyal to the brand and went with the Z10 for that reason just questioning at this point if BB is still loyal to its BB(Bread and Butter) Business users
    05-08-13 09:43 PM
    What I am talking about is only having 9 speed dial buttons. On my Bold every key on the keyboard was a speed dial button. For Business users we have a need for more than 9 speed dial numbers.
    How can you compare a keyboard phone with a keyboardless phone?

Maybe you need a Q10 to accurately do a comparison.

I have my 10 favorites at the top of my contacts and that is enough for me. Works much better for me as I don't have to remember that my wife's cell phone is #4 like I did on my 9810, now I just click on her picture.

Small price to pay is that I have to hit contacts icon first to see her picture.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-08-13 09:44 PM
    To answer all your questions this would be a big reply. The Z10 has a speed dial that is tile based. You can use associated picture tiles of your contacts photos. Touching the tile will dial the phone. I have a fair number of speed dials set up and they work well...
    This has to be one of the best replies I've seen to a query of an issue.
    05-08-13 09:47 PM
    Can you list what you want to make it more businessy? This is the problem with most complaints, people don't give details.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:56 PM
    Check out this thread of ALL the features people are asking for. Most are from OS7, BlackBerry def took a step back on this one although the OS is pretty.

Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    05-08-13 09:58 PM
    Loads of legacy functions are missing. Camera settings (trimmed right down. This sucks), the ability to make your own notification profile, themes (that's a MAJOR one for me), memo pad (hate this remember app) & the ability to set your device to conserve battery when it gets down to a certain percentage. Those are what I miss. But there's so much more, I assure.

Posted via CB10 / Z10
    05-08-13 10:02 PM
    Everyone talks about apps as Android's selling point, and if people keep saying that, then people will tend to believe it. But the reality is more likely that 99% of people don't download 99% of the available apps, and those who do probably use them just a few times. And then let's not forget that most of the apps are useless: games that people will start, never finish, and either delete or only fire up when they're waiting in line at the airport; hackware meant to gain access to your phone; or just plain junk.

At the end of the day, phones are about communication, not apps or even customization.

Posted via CB10
    With all due respect, this red herring argument (which has been debunked numerous times, by the way) makes little sense in the big picture. Kind of like comparing hospitals, with one hospital having a vast collection of drugs, with most hardly used for exotic treatments never seen in modern days. Would you not prefer that hospital, with the cache of hardly used drug to the one down the street that stocks only old aspirin?

Exaggerations aside, apps extend functionality. It's a simple concept, and the biggest reason BBRY is trailing in marketshare IMHO. When you have BB veterans saying that BB doesn't even lead with regards to communication anymore, it's time to re-examine beliefs. Give me a well-stocked app environment. Also, have you checked out BBW recently?

I'm not saying that YOU are not satisfied with the communication that BB10 represents; only that the definition of communication has changed greatly in the last half decade for a lot of people.
    05-08-13 10:14 PM
    Triple NO

Z10 + PB 64GB = Keep Moving. Posted using CB10 App
    05-08-13 10:44 PM
    To answer all your questions this would be a big reply. The Z10 has a speed dial that is tile based. You can use associated picture tiles of your contacts photos. Touching the tile will dial the phone. I have a fair number of speed dials set up and they work well.

The text size displayed can be changed. I left mine at default.

For the re-starts, maybe you installed a third party software that is the cause? I have seen this before. It is also possible a legitimate software became defective. I would make a backup of the phone with the Link software, and then re-install the OS. Then do a restore of only the contacts and notes. I would not reinstall the preferences at this point.

Run the phone for a number of days and see if it does any re-starts on its own. If not, now try to re-store the preferences. If the phone is okay you have no problem. If it starts the problem, this proves the preferences data has a problem.

I suggest you read the instruction manual to learn how to modify the setups of this phone. Go on YouTube and look for video tutorials. There are also some interesting tutorials on the Blackberry site. There are some options missing that are on the Bold series. I was told these are coming with the newer OS-10 updates. As the options are tested they will be released.

If your phone cannot be fixed with a re-install of the OS, I would suggest calling BB support. Let them try to help you out. If the problem persists maybe your phone will have to be serviced under warranty.

Blackberry OS-10 is very new. It was built from the ground up. It is very stable and it performs well. The Z10 functions very close to the Playbook for navigation.

We have a number of Z10's. They are used mostly for business work and some personal. I respond to many emails and phone calls throughout the day.

I have not used the voice command option with my Z10, but I read it is very good and it is supposed to work well.
    Jerry, I am not a novice BB user, I have burned through Curves and Bolds. I have read forums manuals and watched You Tube vidoes till my eyes bled. You are wrong changing the font size does not change the size of incoming emails fonts. In many they remain very small. I admit my eye sight is not that good but even the younger bucks in my office who have good eyesight can't read them. The bold and curve had a way to change the size. As for the speed dials if you re read my original post I know there are speed dials but there are only a maximum of nine. In business that is not enough. On the bold every key was a speed dial. As far as the rebooting it is a very common problem I havent sideloaded anything. I have called BB and they claim they are unaware of the problem I have reloaded the OS twice. I would suggest you give the voice dialing a try yourself. I would wonder where you read it is very good? Here on Crackberry? On Blackberry's site? Its not that it is bad but it has limitations my point is it isnt a substitute for speed dials. My overall point was that BB10 is not a step forward it has gone backward for Business users.
    05-08-13 10:57 PM
    How can you compare a keyboard phone with a keyboardless phone?

Maybe you need a Q10 to accurately do a comparison.

I have my 10 favorites at the top of my contacts and that is enough for me. Works much better for me as I don't have to remember that my wife's cell phone is #4 like I did on my 9810, now I just click on her picture.

Small price to pay is that I have to hit contacts icon first to see her picture.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    John I wasnt comparing a keyboard to touch screen my point was previous version phones had more features important to business users. Whether is a a touch screen or keyboard why would they limit the speed dials to 9. That is great for you that you only need 10 favorites but there are some of us(a lot more than you might want to believe.) that have more than 10 people we contact on a regular basis. BTW I never had a problem remembering my wife was #2 on my bold(#1 was by default voice mail and could not be changed) You are a very brave man to put in writing your wife was only #4 on your speed dial.
    05-08-13 11:06 PM
    Voice dial is definitely not a substitute for speed dial, lol.. who would even think that?

Example 1... contact named Joe has two work numbers. Now we're into extra steps

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:14 PM
    his is so true!
    It is all the little things they took away, the little things that made blackberry so efficient and functional, for a hard core business user.

Try handling 100+ emails a day , then throw in 75+ text and 50+ phone calls a day. Oh, and don't forget that if you delete an email message on your z10 that it is also deleted off of your inbox/ server so when you log into your email on your pc it is GONE! Oops, no way to change that on bb10! And switching to a q10 will not change that either! I will not even get into the speed dial issues, even though I used to have 50+ on my last berry. We should probably leave the calendar issues alone also! It s not the big items causing the complaints, it so many of the little things they took away.
    I can only hope future updates will make it better! If not who knows!!
    05-08-13 11:16 PM
    I have enjoyed reading all the responses. I am sorry to those I offended that was not my intention. It is interesting one common thread is most of us are loyal to BB but it seems that most (not all) fall into two camps. On one side there are those who love BB because it is not Iphone. They see the Z10 as the great alternative to the Iphone. On the other side are those that view their BB as a productivity tool more than just a phone. Admittedly I stand with a foot in both camps as many do. My point was not that I did not like the Z10, I do but I am disappointed in their dropping some important productivity feature from the new platform. The truth is all of the "new and improved" features int he Z10 are aimed directly at IOS. If that is the case why not just buy the other phone? For Me I want Blackberry to succeed. I dont want a toy phone. The camera and music and display are all great but I dont want that at the expense of what BB has been for most of us, a serious productivity tool I want my serious productivity tool to have a great display and a camera and the ability to play all of my music on an OS that has a great interface. It is not sacrilegious to say this. We say these things because we believe in BB. Otherwise we would just sell our Z10's and go buy one of those toy phones.
    ihys and 2cats1dog like this.
    05-08-13 11:21 PM
    iPhone vs Z10 is probably the trues battle of trade-offs....

iPhone, while the OS is a little stale, as the most support out of any mobile phone in existence today. Accessories, Car integration, App support, Carrier support, supply chain support. iPhone has a storefront and great ground level customer support. iPhone has cross device compatibility (OSX, iPad, iPhone, iPod all can share data seamlessly) I do feel, that BB10 is more advanced than iOS, if you leave out apps that extend the functionality of the OS. I own 2 iPads and like them for the simplicity and amazing tablet level apps.

I own a Nexus 7, and if it wasn't so cheap and if Apple decides to release a retina Mini, I would own an iPad Mini instead. I personally think the hardware innards are complete crap and hope for an Snapdragon 600 or 800 upgrade in a few weeks.
    I still think the iphone is the best built phone out there (havent seen the htc one in person yet), but I agree the iPhone has alot going for it with 3rd party accessories, apps, etc. but I also own a 4th gen iPad, mbp, iMac, and Apple TV, I like apple, but when it comes down to the iPhone itself vs the Z10, the z10 out features it hands down, and you can forget it does include DNLA support, hdmi, and purchased videos/music can be played on any device(android tablet, computer, TV, etc). if you do include everything you mentioned its a bigger challenge for the z10 or a user switching from iOS. I feel in time 3rd party accessories for bb10 products may surpass most android phones, due to bb owning the OS and not releasing 20-40 different phones, keeping it down to a few, guess only time will tell.

Z10 vs android(high end models) is another story though due to android themes/launchers, os functionality, and widgets(though bbos did have themes), but when comparing these things one must take into consideration bb kept these out as a choice to make the os more secure. It comes down to personal preference between the 2 OS, and of course devices.
    ihys likes this.
    05-08-13 11:22 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    I'm using an iphone 4S as a daily driver, it come off the charger at around 8oam.....
    ...And by 6pm I'm usually at around 12 to 16% left in the gas tank.
    ...That's with around 3 hours of calls ( I'm in I.T. ) so the Bluetooth is always on.
    ...Scores of emails and a few texts thrown in.
    ...I don't use Apps so that isn't a factor.

What do you mean by "very poor for power users"?
    ..I'm very interested in your take on this question.
    05-08-13 11:29 PM
    Perfectly satisfied with my Z10. Only issue is with my carrier (tmobile). Can't pick up signal while at work while other phones are getting signals. Other than that I won't trade my Z10 for nothing!!! BE BOLD!!!
    05-08-13 11:33 PM
352 ... 678910 ...