My advice to you is get rid of your Z10 while you can and get a Samsung Galaxy, or even an iPhone. iPhone is out of date with its IOS but is still 10x better then Z10.Its only a matter of time till Blackberry dies. Heins made the idiotic decision not to make the new BB Android and for that Blackberry will eventually die. I tried the Z10 and its a joke compared to my Samsung Galaxy. iPhone is running a 2007 outdated IOS and even they are better then BB. Every BB review Ive read says BB is not there and probably never will be. Do like I did. Get a Samsung, it is so customizable , has a million apps and the coolest pre loaded software ever.I am so happy I woke up and got rid of my Playbook and will never waste a dime again a BB product. Heins lied one to many times to we Playbook users saying we'd get BB10...but in retrospect BB10 is a horrible OS and would have only prolonged Playbooks inevidible death.
    Your a goof, and couldn't be so far from the truth, nobody wants android on BlackBerry not even BlackBerry. Every android oem is failing to profit off android why would BlackBerry use a dying horse that only Samsung makes money off.

Also the iPhone is not even close be the z10, I should know I dropped my iPhone 5 for it after 3+ years with ios.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque, HedoBum and R Field like this.
    05-08-13 06:08 PM
    Happy with my Z10. Like a few others, why didn't you wait and get the Q10?
    05-08-13 06:19 PM
    I absolutely love my Z10. It's the best phone on the market.
    05-08-13 06:19 PM
    I was disappointed with the Z10, It just isn't better, at this date, than Android. If Android didn't exist, I would probably still own my Z10... Maybe after a few OS updates and some better hardware will come back. We shall see...

SO I was disappointed with the Z10, but I do not think the Z10 is a disappointment.
    blackberrykeeper likes this.
    05-08-13 06:30 PM
    Your a goof, and couldn't be so far from the truth, nobody wants android on BlackBerry not even BlackBerry. Every android oem is failing to profit off android why would BlackBerry use a dying horse that only Samsung makes money off.

Also the iPhone is not even close be the z10, I should know I dropped my iPhone 5 for it after 3+ years with ios.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone vs Z10 is probably the trues battle of trade-offs....

iPhone, while the OS is a little stale, as the most support out of any mobile phone in existence today. Accessories, Car integration, App support, Carrier support, supply chain support. iPhone has a storefront and great ground level customer support. iPhone has cross device compatibility (OSX, iPad, iPhone, iPod all can share data seamlessly) I do feel, that BB10 is more advanced than iOS, if you leave out apps that extend the functionality of the OS. I own 2 iPads and like them for the simplicity and amazing tablet level apps.

I own a Nexus 7, and if it wasn't so cheap and if Apple decides to release a retina Mini, I would own an iPad Mini instead. I personally think the hardware innards are complete crap and hope for an Snapdragon 600 or 800 upgrade in a few weeks.
    05-08-13 06:38 PM
    I was disappointed with the Z10, It just isn't better, at this date, than Android. If Android didn't exist, I would probably still own my Z10... Maybe after a few OS updates and some better hardware will come back. We shall see...

SO I was disappointed with the Z10, but I do not think the Z10 is a disappointment.
    You'll get slammed for your opinion, but I understand to a degree. I really love the BB10 UI, but I need a true workhorse, and currently, BB10 is not "businessy" enough for me. Not enough functionality for my admittedly unique needs.

I hope to see that change in a few generations.
    05-08-13 06:40 PM
    You'll get slammed for your opinion, but I understand to a degree. I really love the BB10 UI, but I need a true workhorse, and currently, BB10 is not "businessy" enough for me. Not enough functionality for my admittedly unique needs.

I hope to see that change in a few generations.
    Can you list what you want to make it more businessy? This is the problem with most complaints, people don't give details.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-08-13 06:51 PM
    My advice to you is get rid of your Z10 while you can and get a Samsung Galaxy, or even an iPhone. iPhone is out of date with its IOS but is still 10x better then Z10.Its only a matter of time till Blackberry dies. Heins made the idiotic decision not to make the new BB Android and for that Blackberry will eventually die. I tried the Z10 and its a joke compared to my Samsung Galaxy. iPhone is running a 2007 outdated IOS and even they are better then BB. Every BB review Ive read says BB is not there and probably never will be. Do like I did. Get a Samsung, it is so customizable , has a million apps and the coolest pre loaded software ever.I am so happy I woke up and got rid of my Playbook and will never waste a dime again a BB product. Heins lied one to many times to we Playbook users saying we'd get BB10...but in retrospect BB10 is a horrible OS and would have only prolonged Playbooks inevidible death.
    There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Go read z10 reviews on Rogers, Bell, Telus, At&t, Tmobile and tell me that they aren't overwhelmingly positive.

PlayBook is getting BB10 but why would that be a huge priority for a device they no longer sell?

IPhone better than the z10? Sure maybe in the camera and app numbers but everything else. Hell no. Are Samsung phones good? Sure they have good quality screens large batteries and good apps selection but you also fail to mention malware apps, adware and the fact that your device isn't as secure as a Blackberry. A lot of people like myself don't want phablet phones either. Users like you spouting misinformed opinions don't help. Have you really even used a z10 more than 5 minutes? This is how I felt after reading your post....

Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-facepalm-1-.jpg

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-08-13 07:17 PM
    05-08-13 07:21 PM

@dgree03
    Well said. Blackberry have done the best they can but its just not enough right now.
    05-08-13 07:22 PM
    Someone paid this person!! seriously its hard to believe this when its for first post ever!
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-08-13 07:27 PM
    Can you list what you want to make it more businessy? This is the problem with most complaints, people don't give details.

Posted via CB10
    I have unique needs, so I didn't want to list a bunch of stuff that wouldn't matter to most people. A good deal are app-related.

In a thread a while ago, I mentioned a scenario that I come across with frequently. A document request sent to my my email (or three business ones). PDF/ MS Doc, needs to be filled out, signed and uploaded to webpage AND disseminated to 20-some people via email. Quickly on the go. I need a device that handles this.

Sometimes, because of what I do, I need an email from NINE years ago. I keep all work related email for accountability.

I need a full-featured GTD solution that syncs with Toodledo. Also need apps that help with writing, scheduled simultaneous social networking posts and synced web browsing. I need a complete Wordpress solution (I get paid to write for three blogs).

I could go on and on, but two apps that really make me productive on the go are Tasker and HanDBase. Tasker is probably the most functional mobile app on any platform currently, IMHO.

I do presentations and paid software reviews, so being able to stream wirelessly is golden. There are specific apps that are used in my job that are available for every major platform (including legacy BB) except BB10.

And I also heavily invested in Gapps (Google Now, for example) to get stuff done as quickly possible. Again, I concede I do more on my phone that most people do, but hey, I paid a decent amount for it, so I expect a lot in return. I also expect it to bend to my needs, versus bending over backwards to have to use it.
    05-08-13 07:28 PM
    There is so much wrong with this I don't know where to start. Go read z10 reviews on Rogers, Bell, Telus, At&t, Tmobile and tell me that they aren't overwhelmingly positive.

PlayBook is getting BB10 but why would that be a huge priority for a device they no longer sell?

IPhone better than the z10? Sure maybe in the camera and app numbers but everything else. Hell no. Are Samsung phones good? Sure they have good quality screens large batteries and good apps selection but you also fail to mention malware apps, adware and the fact that your device isn't as secure as a Blackberry. A lot of people like myself don't want phablet phones either. Users like you spouting misinformed opinions don't help. Have you really even used a z10 more than 5 minutes? This is how I felt after reading your post....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm(1).jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	159661

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    What makes a non bes blackberry more secure than an android or iPhone?

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    05-08-13 07:28 PM
    And yet there are several users on this forum who's opinion mean something to me and were mostly liking android and iOS who have said they love the Z and use it as a daily and if it had the apps they wouldn't use their other phones.
    05-08-13 07:32 PM
    app numbers
    ... is where it is.

Folks always say that: the ONLY thing they have is better apps. Well, yes. that's where they are winning. You have build quality, UI and other variables, but when it boils down to it, it's all about the ecosystem. Apps, accessories, peripherals and more. Even BBRY concedes this.

My opinion? The only reason BBRY is getting its **** handed to it is the lack of apps. People want that all-round functionality. Some don't, which is all good.

The Z10 is a great device, just not strong enough to be a daily driver for a good number of people because of the lack of apps.
    05-08-13 07:39 PM
    And yet there are several users on this forum who's opinion mean something to me and were mostly liking android and iOS who have said they love the Z and use it as a daily and if it had the apps they wouldn't use their other phones.
    If it had the apps, it wouldn't be a question to me. Heck, if it had half the apps I need, I'd do it. No doubt. I like it that much.
    05-08-13 07:40 PM
    I like my Z10 very much. I'm not in business any longer. But I wish it would stop re-booting all the time.
    05-08-13 07:46 PM
    What makes a non bes blackberry more secure than an android or iPhone?

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    Device hasn't been rooted or jailbroken. No reported malware apps not in the app store unlike android. Even Android apps on BB10OS are sandboxed and given limited access to the OS. BlackBerry Protect as well allows me to remotely locate and wipe the device if needed. I can also encrypt my data cards and internal memory.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Dave Bourque and SDTRMG like this.
    05-08-13 07:57 PM
    @Jacckil If you start off the discussion with a heading like "Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?" Well don't be surprised if you get negative comments at you! If you had said something like " I bought a Z10, but I'm having some issues Can anyone offer suggestions" I think you would of received a lot of helpful hints. BTW did you notice that 99% of the people answered no to your question!
    Dave Bourque and SDTRMG like this.
    05-08-13 08:06 PM
    As a hard core business user, yes, I am very disappointed. I have only had a blackberry since about 1999
    First was an email pager. I have never used any other smart phone, so I have nothing To compare it too. Before the blackberry I had the typical flip phone, once I outgrew the bag phone!

To say I have been loyal to blackberry would be a huge understatement.

The z10 is just frustrating as a daily hard core business device. I could list all my issues but they have already been covered in many threads. I know not everyone is a hard core business user, apps and games might be a dream on the z10, just not for my general use.

Not to worry though, I am still here, standing by my BlackBerry. I was super excited about 10.1, but was disappointed again. Not many changes in 10.1 for my use.
    2cats1dog likes this.
    05-08-13 08:39 PM
    That�s true blackberry has a lot bugs , a lot issues , no apps and no proper OS . but there is few facts we can�t ignore ,

1. Best Email function , none of android or iPhone can match that system
    2. BBM hub one of the best notifying system
    3. App switching system
    4. Predictive typing is awesome
    5. Fewer apps means they�re easier to find

I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-08-13 08:42 PM
    Um.... no.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:00 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    05-08-13 09:10 PM
    Device hasn't been rooted or jailbroken. No reported malware apps not in the app store unlike android. Even Android apps on BB10OS are sandboxed and given limited access to the OS. BlackBerry Protect as well allows me to remotely locate and wipe the device if needed. I can also encrypt my data cards and internal memory.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    You can encrypt your device as well as memory cards on the galaxy. BB Appworld has faulty apps (c) the thread by reenebob.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-uploadfromtaptalk1368065541535.jpg  
    05-08-13 09:12 PM
    I guess great minds think alike
    05-08-13 09:14 PM
352 ... 56789 ...