I find it amazing when folks who actually bring up VERY ligitimate issues and post them here, that flippant answers come back. Now, it is possible that SOME folks, like me and the op apparently, actually buy devices to boost their productivity, rather than watch movies and play games --- also important to many--- I get that.

Let's not forget, BB got its stripes pushing and excelling with the business productivity benefits. The other stuff is good and wanted as well, but IMHO NOT at the cost of the legacy functionality that many of us came to love and depend on.

SO for the OP: Do I like the Z10, yes? AM I dissappointed in several aspects of it? YES. Basically the detriment of what I thought was core, legacy, functionality.
    this is exactly the kind if cr@p i was talking about in another thread,,, we're encouraged to "be vocal",,,, yet, when someone is, & puts legit issues on here in a tactful way, you get the usual, "all is well, it must be you",,, some of these people need to grow up & let a person speak their piece as they see fit...
    05-08-13 04:43 PM
    Not me. I love my z.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:44 PM
    I love my z10. Way better than the competition.

As someone else has said, if the z10 had an apple logo on it, it would be flying off the shelves.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:45 PM
    Nope all good here. Knew what I wanted in a phone and got it. Research research research! Buy the grass may not be as green on the other side...m just sayin!

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-08-13 04:48 PM
    I can honestly say YES I am as disappointed as you are, BUT only because I don't have one

Waiting on the Q10!
    05-08-13 05:04 PM
    I liked the first BBs, I was struggling with them the past two years and I love this one. Great balance of private and business demands.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-08-13 05:05 PM
    Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-grumpy-cat-.jpg

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Dave Bourque, SDTRMG and jdhooghe like this.
    05-08-13 05:12 PM
    Btw. Is there somebody who can close some threads? I have seen a couple now and they are not useful and annoying.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:14 PM
    You are entitled to your opinion but I think that you are in the minority.

I have no complaints with mine.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:15 PM
    I'm not going to switch platforms, but I'm far from pleased with the Z10 at this point. IMO, the phone wasn't ready for prime time when it was released - especially the business end of things.

When 10.1 is released, that'll help, but there is much more to be done.

Posted via CB10
    2cats1dog and ihys like this.
    05-08-13 05:17 PM
    Actually, that analogy is about as apt as they come.
    can't do it on mine...running 10.1
    05-08-13 05:29 PM
    Disappointed in no speed dial either. Hate the picture icons on top!
    the icon on top is the speed dial...better than remembering digits
    05-08-13 05:30 PM
    Nope, I and everyone that sees me use it is completely impressed.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:31 PM
    My advice to you is get rid of your Z10 while you can and get a Samsung Galaxy, or even an iPhone. iPhone is out of date with its IOS but is still 10x better then Z10.Its only a matter of time till Blackberry dies. Heins made the idiotic decision not to make the new BB Android and for that Blackberry will eventually die. I tried the Z10 and its a joke compared to my Samsung Galaxy. iPhone is running a 2007 outdated IOS and even they are better then BB. Every BB review Ive read says BB is not there and probably never will be. Do like I did. Get a Samsung, it is so customizable , has a million apps and the coolest pre loaded software ever.I am so happy I woke up and got rid of my Playbook and will never waste a dime again a BB product. Heins lied one to many times to we Playbook users saying we'd get BB10...but in retrospect BB10 is a horrible OS and would have only prolonged Playbooks inevidible death.
    it's in BOLD so it must be true...

Posted via CB10
    inked18 likes this.
    05-08-13 05:33 PM
    Contacts > Select desired contact > Edit > (scroll to the bottom) Phone Ring Tone > choose tone.
    when 10.1 arrive you won't have it like that all ringtone and music all together
    05-08-13 05:36 PM
    No I love mine. Wouldnt go back to the 9780. It has good sped dial buttons but the display is to tiny....

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    05-08-13 05:38 PM
    I'm just disappointed I can't take mine to shower...

On the serious hand; come on, it's a tool that may or may not fit your usage. YMMV. I haven't missed my 9790 much except for speed dialing, but I've found search to be very useful especially because it keeps recent contacts, so it kinda speeds calling someone.
    05-08-13 05:41 PM
    Disappointed but hopeful that the new OS continues to develop and that they add back what's been removed.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:42 PM
    Agreed D
    still Os 10 in those they will have almost the same problem as Z10.except they will have update faster
    05-08-13 05:44 PM
    I'm not disappointed at all. In fact, I love my Z10 and did plenty of research before I decided to purchase it. I've been a faithful BlackBerry user since the Curve 8300 and I don't plan on going anywhere unless BB goes out of business.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 05:44 PM
    The only complaint I have, is not being able to assign custom ringtone profiles for individual contacts....unless I'm missing something and somebody can help me out....
    w0lfgang - I couldn't find the original link but try this recent forum post:

Z10 ringtones help!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8425767

It is the same method that I used.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-08-13 05:47 PM
    No. I am very happy with my Z10.
    05-08-13 05:50 PM
    can't do it on mine...running 10.1
    I'm doing them in my head for now.
    05-08-13 05:55 PM
    I'm very pleased and my z10 is the best blackberry / phone I've ever owned you have a right to be dissatisfied maybe the Z10 isn't for you that's why BlackBerry made the options to choose the Q10 and the R10. And if you don't like them go get a I phone or an android. LOL!!!
    05-08-13 06:03 PM
    This is sort of like a thread on the hub and a timer. I guess not everyone will ever be satisfied. I feel the speed dial icons are way to big and consume to much room. For me, I personally loved the speed dial and always found it very easy. I miss it so much it actually is holding me back from turn my Z back on as I just miss it so much. Ive attached a pic of my speed dial icons, cause someone in another thread said theirs is all the same size, while some of mine are big and other small. At the very least I wish they were all the same size, but would like to have the option of regular speed dial. It can't be that hard to program into the build of the software, can it?
    the icon on top is the speed dial...better than remembering digits
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-dialer.jpg  
    05-08-13 06:04 PM
352 ... 45678 ...