As for battery life, it's expected. Can't expect a sports car to get the same gas mileage as a Prius.
    As a matter of fact... top gear already spoiled this myth!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JmxUs...%3DJmxUsGiGp3w

Go straight to 4:15.. even if it's off topic, it's always fun watching top gear anyways. Has been the best show on tv for 10 years

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:15 PM
    If your Z10 is rebooting I wonder if there is something wrong with it? I am in the Uk on Vodafone. I have had my Z10 since Feb 4th. It has not rebooted of its own accord once. In fact I think I have only rebooted it three or four times deliberately, and two of those were by accident, the other two just experimenting. Battery life can be doubled by just switching off the Swipe to Wake feature when on standby. Just use the top press button instead.
    05-08-13 03:19 PM
    My advice to you is get rid of your Z10 while you can and get a Samsung Galaxy, or even an iPhone. iPhone is out of date with its IOS but is still 10x better then Z10.Its only a matter of time till Blackberry dies. Heins made the idiotic decision not to make the new BB Android and for that Blackberry will eventually die. I tried the Z10 and its a joke compared to my Samsung Galaxy. iPhone is running a 2007 outdated IOS and even they are better then BB. Every BB review Ive read says BB is not there and probably never will be. Do like I did. Get a Samsung, it is so customizable , has a million apps and the coolest pre loaded software ever.I am so happy I woke up and got rid of my Playbook and will never waste a dime again a BB product. Heins lied one to many times to we Playbook users saying we'd get BB10...but in retrospect BB10 is a horrible OS and would have only prolonged Playbooks inevidible death.
    05-08-13 03:24 PM
    Nope not disappointed at all. My Z10 does everything I need and more. Keeps me company, keeps my hand warm cuz I can't put it down, plays lovely nature sounds for me to fall asleep to, is full of fabulous music for my drive to work, email is perfect, texting no issue, clear phone, maps work , if only my Z10 could make me a martini after a hard day at work.....
    05-08-13 03:25 PM
    I was gonna take you seriously till I seen you have. One post and haven't responded to anyone else.

Posted via CB10

I can't help but note that your current device suffers from the same random double-space that my 9900 sometimes exhibits. Are you on a Z or a Q?
    05-08-13 03:26 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    None of these problems. Sorry.
    05-08-13 03:27 PM
    Hmm. Your problems seem to be an anomoly, maybe you have a bad phone...or life?
    05-08-13 03:31 PM
    Classic responses .
    - I do not have this issue, therefore it cannot be true
    - I have no use for this function, therefore it is useless and is not a valid complaint
    Who said that?
    05-08-13 03:41 PM
    My advice to you is get rid of your Z10 while you can and get a Samsung Galaxy, or even an iPhone. iPhone is out of date with its IOS but is still 10x better then Z10.Its only a matter of time till Blackberry dies. Heins made the idiotic decision not to make the new BB Android and for that Blackberry will eventually die. I tried the Z10 and its a joke compared to my Samsung Galaxy. iPhone is running a 2007 outdated IOS and even they are better then BB. Every BB review Ive read says BB is not there and probably never will be. Do like I did. Get a Samsung, it is so customizable , has a million apps and the coolest pre loaded software ever.I am so happy I woke up and got rid of my Playbook and will never waste a dime again a BB product. Heins lied one to many times to we Playbook users saying we'd get BB10...but in retrospect BB10 is a horrible OS and would have only prolonged Playbooks inevidible death.
    Change your ******* font color... and no iOS isn't a superior OS... get real... the only advantage of iOS and android is the huge app ecosystem and additionally the extra customization of Android which not everyone likes... Yes even computer science students aren't always fans of android...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-08-13 03:44 PM
    Not disappointed because the features of this phone suit the way I use it.

Had I needed the legacy features the OP is missing I would probably be disappointed.

I think a lot of things that are missing will return with future updates. Sucks to have to wait, it all boils down to how patient and trusting you are willing or able to be.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:51 PM
    I'm not particularly disappointed in the handset at all. For speed dial try: Add a number to your speed dial list - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0
    MyStCaL likes this.
    05-08-13 03:57 PM
    No. Very happy with the z10. Still can definitely improve. It'll only get better.

Is this a joke? I think you forget the "I'm just kidding" part.

You do realize that this is an BB enthusiast site. While the members will complain (which is normal) in hopes that BB will hear and make the appropriate updates, most haven't ditched the product. If you're not kidding.. sounds like you hate the manufacturer and the product so why even post here. There are plenty of Samsung or Android sites you can go to spout your opinions even about BB.. why do it here... what's the point.. most likely it'll fall on deaf ears and/or just provoke people.. or maybe that was your reason.
    Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy and you should go somewhere to enjoy what you've chosen...
    Dave Bourque and morgansher like this.
    05-08-13 04:00 PM
    Hope this is a joke. If not, why are you even here? It's obvious you no longer own any BB products and don't want own any. You sir, are the pure definition of the "T" word. I won't say it but it sound like roll

And if this is a joke, my bad and well played.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 04:09 PM
    The trend seems to be that if anyone posts legitimate issues/concerns or suggestions on how to improve BB performance fanboys come out in droves with cryptic "i love it" "no" responses to show thread balance. It is good to know what issues are out there, every phone has them, so folks can decide before they buy a phone rather then after.
    I don't know if they're all fanboys per se (some are girls, and probably don't like being called boys. Or women, and don't like being called boys.) Called out, I might add, with "Did everyone else drink the cool aid?"

Helps to get post counts up too. Before long, they'll be CrackBerry Geniuses and no longer be pooh-poohed by the people with 10K+ posts who reached that count in exactly the same way.
    Last edited by k8bushlover; 05-08-13 at 04:13 PM. Reason: misquoted OP
    morgansher likes this.
    05-08-13 04:09 PM
    I am sick and tired of these kind of threads.
    txradioguy, mnc76 and Dave Bourque like this.
    05-08-13 04:11 PM
    I agree with the speed dial part. Additionally I am doubly upset about the lack of a decent FaceBook application AND where is InstaGram??? BB surely must have known the importance of Social media and Smartphones? They had plenty of time to get these apps ready. I think they have terrible strategy and this will end up costing them in the long run. I am considering the Samsung S4.
    05-08-13 04:12 PM
    Disappointed?

No.
    Not at all.
    Not in the least.
    Not by any stretch of the imagination.
    Not since I saw it and held it for the very first time.
    Not after using this device for close to two months now.
    Not after waiting for several years for a modern Blackberry and getting rid of ancient software.
    Not after having this device change me from being an SGIII user to a Blackberry user after I had sworn Blackberry off.
    05-08-13 04:14 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    I think the q10 was the device for you
    05-08-13 04:18 PM
    I liked the device a lot, however it was hard for me to get over certain things such as the bad battery, and lack of push notifications for my favorite applications (also a few other things). I like the keyboard,browser, and hub. But in all honesty I feel like the z10 is inferior to my iphone. I understand that os10 is a new platform and that it needs time to mature. I found it extremely hard to commit full time to it especially with my iPhone and now my Galaxy s4 sitting in front of me. I'll probably check for blackberry later this year or spring of next year.

Sent from my Galaxy 4
    mousmah likes this.
    05-08-13 04:20 PM
    I agree with the speed dial part. Additionally I am doubly upset about the lack of a decent FaceBook application AND where is InstaGram??? BB surely must have known the importance of Social media and Smartphones? They had plenty of time to get these apps ready. I think they have terrible strategy and this will end up costing them in the long run. I am considering the Samsung S4.
    Wtf... so you are telling me BlackBerry developped the original instagram??? that's news to me...

Posted via CB10
    morgansher likes this.
    05-08-13 04:22 PM
    for speed dial it is right 9 only

you could go to phone book app and put the rest of you peoples as favorite which you can install a lot of it
    05-08-13 04:23 PM
    I am sick and tired of these kind of threads.
    I am not trying to single you out...but if we would all learn to just ignore these kinds of threads, they would just die out.
    05-08-13 04:30 PM
    I'm a disappointed Z10 owner as well but like I said since I've been reading and reading to find new hidden gestures and tricks I'm just patiently waiting for new updates where we should and hopefully get a lot of those missing functions we all use to have on previous BlackBerry's

Posted via CB10
    2cats1dog likes this.
    05-08-13 04:30 PM
    I am not trying to single you out...but if we would all learn to just ignore these kinds of threads, they would just die out.
    Well, well. My respond: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...member-804541/
    TWISM likes this.
    05-08-13 04:32 PM
    I am ,
    Greater expectations whit highest hops, but in the end, because the end was de 30 of January, a mediocre product with the bad taste of, if want to be premium go to Apple, HTC, maybe samsung if you want grate features, the same old story whit the playbook, the only thing secure in blackberry Is the bad taste in the end.
    05-08-13 04:40 PM
352 ... 34567 ...