The trend seems to be that if anyone posts legitimate issues/concerns or suggestions on how to improve BB performance fanboys come out in droves with cryptic "i love it" "no" responses to show thread balance. It is good to know what issues are out there, every phone has them, so folks can decide before they buy a phone rather then after.
    jhnptrlimo1, ihys and SlickCity like this.
    05-08-13 12:36 PM
    Not here

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:42 PM
    The trend seems to be that if anyone posts legitimate issues/concerns or suggestions on how to improve BB performance fanboys come out in droves with cryptic "i love it" "no" responses to show thread balance. It is good to know what issues are out there, every phone has them, so folks can decide before they buy a phone rather then after.
    While this may be partially true, I have noticed that quite a few posters actually try to help the OP. And in this case, the OP was asking if anyone else was disappointed, so the droves that came out and posted "i love it" or "no" responses, are completely acceptable. This isn't about thread balance, its about answering the OP's question. I didn't see in the OP anything about "only comment if you are disappointed or if you have these issues"
    grover5 and Creaulx like this.
    05-08-13 12:47 PM
    The only complaint I have, is not being able to assign custom ringtone profiles for individual contacts....unless I'm missing something and somebody can help me out....
    I gave different ring tones for everyone of my contacts. I found a link here in CB in how to do it - let me see if I can find it and repost it for your.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    05-08-13 12:51 PM
    Nope perfectly happy,

Posted from my Z10
    MontanaVista likes this.
    05-08-13 12:51 PM
    I only drink kool-aid

Posted via CB10
    MontanaVista, Creaulx and 21stNow like this.
    05-08-13 12:52 PM
    I am only disappointed in the reboots. I actually like the phone so much that I picked up a Z10 for my wife. She loves it and luckily she has only had one reboot in the 3 days she has had it. I on the other hand, usually have at least one a day, sometimes more. I have tried all the leaks with varying results.

The reboots alone aren't so bad, but since we don't have headless apps, it can be frustrating using say hub++ for custom notification, because once it reboots and if I didn't notice it happening, I might not get a notification until I unlock the phone and see it has been rebooted. Then I have to launch hub++ again.
    garpt likes this.
    05-08-13 12:56 PM
    My very first smartphone was a BB 8100 Pearl I bought off of eBay at the start of the "Crackberry" phase. I've had the Bold 9700 and the 9800 Torch with a brief foray into the world of the Fruit Phone along the way as well.

Got my Z10 two weeks ago and it's amazing. If I could change one thing...it would be the way that you can't log out of FB.

As for the constant reboot issues. I found that by turning of the developer mode after side loading apps from Google fixed that problem.

Voice dial works great. I use the BB VM-605 hands free device. And even with my sun roof open there is no problem detecting who I want to call.

This phone is my personal as well as my "business" phone.

IMO I think people were looking for the "perfect" phone and as even as good as the Z10 is...there's no such thing as the perfect smartphone.
    05-08-13 01:00 PM
    So for the "Is anyone disappointed in the Z10 as I am?" question that was asked, yes answers only apply? I get what you're saying but this was basically a yes/no question.

Posted via CB10
    mnc76, tfp and lynxs_claw like this.
    05-08-13 01:01 PM
    I been happy with my z10. But yeah there's afew disappointment. Hopefully with updates they will fix them. Especially with my contacts. A Lot are repeated. The one stored on the device I transfer them to the sim. They never transfer. . Some appear on Whatsapp. But if I go to my contact list they not there I don't know just a mess. After that in good. Battery can be better too. Drains so fast.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:12 PM
    Disappointed???? This phone is amazing!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:16 PM
    Im content with my z10 and can't wait for future updates.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 01:23 PM
    Something must be wrong with users that don't want to use cloud services?
    What's wrong with the integrated Box support (or to a lesser extent, the integrated Drop Box), or PlayCloud which supports Google Drive, SkyDrive, Sugarsync, FTP etc...?
    05-08-13 01:25 PM
    Love everything about the physical aspects of the Z10. But since it is supposed to be a "smart" phone I expect "smart" things. What's the hold-up with Skype and Shazam? I don't want garbage apps. I want cool apps like Apple and Android users get. And I want them "NOW"!!
    05-08-13 01:52 PM
    There is room for improvement, but overall I am very satisfied.
    05-08-13 02:00 PM
    I think you would be better off with the Q10 or the "R10" as every one is calling it...try it out and see how it goes
    Agreed D
    05-08-13 02:04 PM
    Love everything about the physical aspects of the Z10. But since it is supposed to be a "smart" phone I expect "smart" things. What's the hold-up with Skype and Shazam? I don't want garbage apps. I want cool apps like Apple and Android users get. And I want them "NOW"!!
    Skype is currently available on the Q10 and will be available for the Z10 once 10.1 is officially released. If you cannot wait until 10.1 officially comes out to get Skype working on your Z10, there is a Blog post about it here on Crackberry.com were you can download the .bar file for Skype and sideload it to your Z10. I did this and it works quite well. Haven't had any issues with mine so far.

As for Shazam, I believe their last statement regarding BB10 was that they "would continue to monitor it and make a decision at a later date" but as for now, they are not coming.

SoundHound, a Shazam-like app, is currently working on a native BB10 app and should be releasing "soon" according to them.
    05-08-13 02:04 PM
    Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:05 PM
    I was already a convert and I kinda forced my wife to switch from iphone to Z10. She is a heavy user for work, calls, sms, whatsapp etc. Bought her a white Z10. After a few days I ask her: "Honey do you rather have an iphone 5 after all or keep this?" She said: "No way I let this go". So I dont believe your story.
    semperfi45 likes this.
    05-08-13 02:15 PM
    I have a bad speech impediment. I have no trouble voice dialing. The Z10 always gets the name right when I speak it.
    05-08-13 02:20 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    I was gonna take you seriously till I seen you have. One post and haven't responded to anyone else.

To answer your question, yes I am disappointed, I'm disappointed I didn't get to drop my iPhone for this bad boy sooner. Also I believe type n go or instant action is a lot better then speed dialing and believe the q10 was the phone for you, if this post was serious.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 02:29 PM
    Well, I think it's safe to say that the OP's caption was rhetorical in part ... And nothing is added with fanfare comments that one has any new problems to already known "issues" with OS10.

It does seem peculiar that BB10 excluded, or made worse "Tried and True" BB features that loyal users had become accustomed albeit a few of these features may still be found with some effort buried in new OS10 logic. Some, as voice mail dialing, obviously were pushed to the back seat, and still others totally eliminated.

Don't have a definitive answer for OP except that yes there are some undeniable peculiar problems with OS10. BB perhaps focused so much on Apple / Android that they forgot some of the most simple reasons that their (dwindling) user base had remained loyal. Moreover, I concur that BB appeared to look past many of the basic needs particulary for a businessman.

It is not an acceptable reason, of course, that OS10 represents a first rev given it's the last to enter the race. But we all hope that 10.1 (or "10.2") is officially released ASAP and, minimally, brings back (or cleans up) some of the obvious missing features such as efficient voice dialing (among others posted in CB) that BB users had come to rely upon from their phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 07-19-13 at 11:08 AM.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    05-08-13 02:30 PM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am?
    No...
    05-08-13 02:53 PM
    Other than the pathetically short battery life of the Z10 vs my old Torch and a number of companies (RBC, BMO) seemingly taking a wait and see approach prior to developing apps, oh and BlackBerry podcast app (I have Podcast and it was good but it's been flaky for weeks), and of course the Facebook app while lightning fast at loading pics, is lacking some of the features non-BB10 versions have. But other than that I don't have any issues with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:04 PM
    OP - in answer to your question, probably not. You win

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 03:07 PM
352 ... 23456 ...