Sell it buy a Q10 best standbye time ever
    05-08-13 11:27 AM
    Typical responses:
    - I have issues so therefore all are true and impossible to fix
    - The features I use/need are utterly necessary and everyone should acknowledge them as such
    And if you don't ackowledge the last, you've "drunk the coolaid." It's that kind of phrasing that leads to dismissive or offhand responses--I'm kind of surprised how polite everyone has been.

Anyway, I have not been disappointed, no. These things have not been problems for me personally. Not saying they're not issues for some, and that they couldn't use improvement, however. But nor do I doubt many of them will be improved (some are already coming in 10.1).
    05-08-13 11:29 AM
    You're asking a bunch of Crackberry fanboys if they are unhappy with their Blackberry. That's like walking into a church and asking everyone if they are as unhappy with god as you are. Let's be real here, you are better off asking a wall this.
    Perhaps you're correct, but maybe not. It certainly shouldn't be that way. Would it not be fair to go on a "Chrysler" forum and suggest that the PT Cruiser is a POS? Sure, they're fans, but they'd have to agree, right? (I don't mean to suggest that the Z10 is the PT Cruiser of Blackberry...I'm still on my 9900)

And, I can't help but notice that OP, although having only one post under his belt, joined CB almost three years ago. Does that qualify him for "fan" status? If so, does his disappointment not prove you incorrect?
    05-08-13 11:31 AM
    Nope. Happy camper here.

Curious about the speed dial "issue". How many speed dial number would be acceptable? It would seem that after a certain amount, it would be just as easy to just go into the regular contacts list.

Posted via CB10
    Creaulx likes this.
    05-08-13 11:32 AM

Not sure what kind of battery the 9780 had, but I get nothing near that sort of battery life on my 9900. Last fall, on vacation, I had GPS, bluetooth, and wifi all turned off. Phone was used for some pictures, a couple of short videos (30-90 seconds each) and BBM, and the Bold would power itself down by 8:30 pm everyday.
    I'm not sure what was in the 9780 either in terms of a battery. But, you are correct. The 9900 did NOT have the battery longevity of the 9780 either. That being said, the 9900 runs circles around the Z in termsof battery life under the same/similiar usage.

My best battery experience accross the board, overall, was the Bold 9780
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-08-13 11:34 AM
    You're asking a bunch of Crackberry fanboys if they are unhappy with their Blackberry. That's like walking into a church and asking everyone if they are as unhappy with god as you are. Let's be real here, you are better off asking a wall this.
    Man, this has got to be a candidate for the Worst Analogy Award of All Time.

Posted via CB10
    litig8or98 and ihys like this.
    05-08-13 11:36 AM
    For IT fluent types, like me, no big deal. For casual users NOT fluent, or not caring about IT, the older devices were simply enter e-mail, password (then lightenting struck) and your e-mail was up and running. It was really that simple.
    The steps I did to setup my work email was pretty much what you mentioned there...really easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 11:42 AM
    Quick answer ... Nop, very happy
    SPNKr likes this.
    05-08-13 11:45 AM
    Far from!! I'm loving my phone.

2-way sync w/Outlook, I just moved everything to my cloud. It's 2013, might as well.

Ability to choose weather to delete from device or from server. It was a concern for a second but I don't miss it anymore. I like the fact when I'm composing an email on my desktop, the draft shows up on my phone. Pretty cool!

As for battery life, it's expected. Can't expect a sports car to get the same gas mileage as a Prius.
    tfp and jdhooghe like this.
    05-08-13 11:53 AM
    No.

As a business owner, the Z10 allows me to be just as efficient as I was with my 9930... who am I kidding? I lost a day marveling at the thing when I first got it. However, I have since gotten caught up thanks to the time spent exploring the options I have with it.

Is it perfect? Heck no, at least not for everyone. I understand the OP's gripes, somewhat, but the benefits have far outweighed the negatives for me.
    05-08-13 11:59 AM
    As for battery life, it's expected. Can't expect a sports car to get the same gas mileage as a Prius.
    LMAO!!! Love this line
    05-08-13 12:01 PM
    Voice dialing definitely a frustrating feature of Z10...

Speed dials would be nice...

but my phone doesn't reboot randomly...hasn't done it once...but I know a lot of people have experienced it....
    05-08-13 12:05 PM
    The only complaint I have, is not being able to assign custom ringtone profiles for individual contacts....unless I'm missing something and somebody can help me out....
    djmm2 likes this.
    05-08-13 12:09 PM
    I am not disappointed in my Z10 - I love it and its works very well for me. It is kind of insulting to be told that if a person says that are not having reboot problems or poor battery life they are drinking the Kool-aid or a blind fan boy/girl. People are having these problems for sure but is unfair to assume that every Z10 user has these problems and when they report that they don't - they are lying. That's offensive.
    05-08-13 12:11 PM
    I think you would be better off with the Q10 or the "R10" as every one is calling it...try it out and see how it goes
    05-08-13 12:11 PM
    You guys didn't know about this speed dial feature??

View attached photo.

Hold the call button for 1 second then a small dial pad window shall appear. Drag your finger up to the number to the corresponding name you wish to call then release your finger to commence action.

Voila.

=)

Anyone as disappointed in Z10 as me?-img_00000261-1-.png

Posted via CB10
    brout likes this.
    05-08-13 12:13 PM
    Man, this has got to be a candidate for the Worst Analogy Award of All Time.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, that analogy is about as apt as they come.
    05-08-13 12:15 PM
    Disappointed in no speed dial either. Hate the picture icons on top!
    05-08-13 12:24 PM

View attached photo.

Hold the call button for 1 second then a small dial pad window shall appear. Drag your finger up to the number to the corresponding name you wish to call then release your finger to commence action.

Voila.

=)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000261(1).png 
Views:	966 
Size:	505.2 KB 
ID:	159517

Posted via CB10
    Is this a 10.1 feature? Sure doesn't work on my Verizon Z10.

Posted via Zeppelin
    05-08-13 12:25 PM
    I don't get this pic? How is your dial pad on the screen like that and is this the same as having the pics for speed dial on top?

View attached photo.

Voila.

=)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000261(1).png 
Views:	966 
Size:	505.2 KB 
ID:	159517

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:28 PM
    The only thing I haven't had a problem with from this list is the reboots. None of these things break the phone in regards to how I use it, and I'm patient enough to wait and see how things go with coming updates. The only issue that has pissed me off at times is the contact confusion, and I'm surprised that was not mentioned with the original complaints.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    05-08-13 12:28 PM
    When you say it reboots several times a day, I cannot relate. Mine does not reboot. I think it hung once on a game a month ago. What OS are you running? Are you on Verizon? We know Verizon sold a early version of the OS compared with everyone else.
    05-08-13 12:29 PM
    I'm not sure what was in the 9780 either in terms of a battery. But, you are correct. The 9900 did NOT have the battery longevity of the 9780 either. That being said, the 9900 runs circles around the Z in termsof battery life under the same/similiar usage.

My best battery experience accross the board, overall, was the Bold 9780
    Not here. Even without my Powerskin I get better battery life on my Z10 than my previous 9900 by at least 2-3 hours. I used to have to plug in my 9900 by the time I got home from work, but with my Z10 I often still 40-50+% battery life left. I usually turn on my Power skin at that point which will get me through the evening with near constant use (CB, BlackBerry Music gateway, Kindle or Kobo)

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 12:33 PM
    Probably different versions of the OS. The 10.0.10.x and above releases are very stable.
    05-08-13 12:33 PM
    The only complaint I have, is not being able to assign custom ringtone profiles for individual contacts....unless I'm missing something and somebody can help me out....
    Contacts > Select desired contact > Edit > (scroll to the bottom) Phone Ring Tone > choose tone.
    05-08-13 12:35 PM
352 12345 ...